Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "rip Saryn" Comments Have Already Begun

Vargras

"Rework Excalibur's fourth ability so he can literally slice through planets and nobody bats an eye."

"But rework Mesa's and Saryn's fourth ability so they're more intuitive AND THEN EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MINDS."

They haven't really changed the functionality of Miasma that much (Aside from it's interaction with Molt) it's just gotten a rework in terms of how it scales, not nearly on the same level as Mesa's and Excalibur's reworks.

"Rework Excalibur's fourth ability so he can literally slice through planets and nobody bats an eye."

"But rework Mesa's and Saryn's fourth ability so they're more intuitive AND THEN EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MINDS."

Oh please tell me how the hell Contagion of all damn things make saryns abilities more intuitive? how the the sad S#&$ of a ability a piece of the puzzle?

why the hell does DE still keep the turd around.

Oh please tell me how the hell Contagion of all damn things make saryns abilities more intuitive? how the the sad S#&$ of a ability a piece of the puzzle?

why the hell does DE still keep the turd around.

The ability would actually be very good on weapons that have longer ranges (Gunblades and Glaives especially) if you're not using a weapon that's good for popping the boils from Venom (Which really seems backwards to me, you'd think the ability that's infectious would be called contagion and the ability that poisons your weapon venom but I digress). Really I would wait until you actually see how the ability scales and how it functions before you just write it off, for all you know they could just make it affect all your weapons and not tell anyone until the patch drops.

--Frame has a strong 4th skill-- "oh noes! nerf it! nerf it now! it's OP!"

--Frame had a strong 4th skill now nerfed-- "omg DE! RIP this frame."

--Frame doesn't have a strong 4th skill-- "oh noes! it sucks! ignore it now! it's weak!"

--Frame that *they like* has a strong 4th skill-- "it's balanced. Completely. I think DE did a great job. I feel like I have so many options when fighting and I think my technique is flawless 4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444"

This community, seriously.

I do agree on Contagion though. DE really wants to make it a thing... but no, it's not going to happen. It's lame. No one likes it. No one cares for it, only DE.

Edited by DoomBunny.

What ? EB is a Pure Buff to the frame there nothing to complain about!

Mesa and now Saryn both gutted, they WERE Dps frames and now are  just another mediocre frames that you can play solo.

No one wants gimped frames in a group other than a PUG.

Edited by DxAdder

What ? EB is a Purr Buff to the frame there nothing to complain about!

Mesa and now Saryn both gutted, they WERE Dps frames and now are  just another mediocre frames that you can play solo.

No one wants gimped frames in a group other than a PUG.

How was Mesa gutted?

Just because her 4th does less damage doesn't mean shes "gutted".

Do people even realize she has 3 other abilities, one being near-total damage mitigation and the another being the widest range CC ability.

How was Mesa gutted?

Just because her 4th does less damage doesn't mean shes "gutted".

Do people even realize she has 3 other abilities, one being near-total damage mitigation and the another being the widest range CC ability.

Mesa WAS a Dps frame and nothing more, there some many other frames that are better now at Dps and bring more to a group now.

Mesa WAS a Dps frame and nothing more, there some many other frames that are better now at Dps and bring more to a group now.

Like?

What do frames like Excalibur and Saryn bring to a group?

They have zero support abilities and Mesa has at least one.

Mesa can still do substantial damage to large groups so i don't see why you guys are hell bent on thinking she's useless.

Like?

What do frames like Excalibur and Saryn bring to a group?

They have zero support abilities and Mesa has at least one.

Mesa can still do substantial damage to large groups so i don't see why you guys are hell bent on thinking she's useless.

You're right. Radial blind doesn't have any support utility.

As mentioned above excal has a great support ability, blind. Aside from his kill all, which makes annoying sound mode.

Saryn currently has crap, a turd. 90% of saryn users mod her to to never use her first three abilities. That is crap. Currently, miasma is not an ability. It's a bypass button at low to moderate levels, at high levels its a turd.

Embrace the change.

As mentioned above excal has a great support ability, blind. Aside from his kill all, which makes annoying sound mode.

Saryn currently has crap, a turd. 90% of saryn users mod her to to never use her first three abilities. That is crap. Currently, miasma is not an ability. It's a bypass button at low to moderate levels, at high levels its a turd.

Embrace the change.

The problem is with modding for duration Saryn's first 3 abilities are crappy. Excalibur is a powerhouse capable of killing even even highest level enemies with ease while Saryn's "rework" removes her only useful ability while not buffing enough her other abilities.

Enemies die way too fast for Venom to be effective. And once they are durable enough your survivability will drop too far for even trying to come close for meleing with Contagion. Same with Molt. It does not scale late game.

Not sure why DE named "very active" skill set because over time abilities are complete opposite of active.

Edited by -CM-igo95862

I think everyone is considering this rework/buff bad because Miasma can no longer do a ton of damage in an instant and you have to wait for the ticks to happen instead, so it's not a thing about it being bad just people not being ok with that mentality.

Also we don't know the full extent of the changes, who's to say they won't make Molt scale with Hp/ Shield/Armor mods like Atlas' Golems ? Who's to say Miasma won't stun enemies based on duration ? And did we forget that Contagion's bonus damage will scale with melee mods ? Seriously enough with this hysteria that we always have when changes are bigger than just nr changes.

Also stop defending Excalibur so much, he still has 2 very bad abilities: Slash Dash, which sucks because it can't hit the boradside of a barn, and Radial Javelin, which is 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% useless and Radial Blind still forces me to use Max Primed Reach on everything just so I don't have to endure a finisher.

Wait first yell later is the right approach.

Well, people have been waiting, and then they saw the Devstream in which Rebecca was able to kill enemies much more effectively with Saryn's melee weapon than with any of her abilities.

Now, they're yelling to ensure that they're heard, and frankly I can't blame them. Yes, pressing 4 to deal X damage in a radius and nothing else is pretty stupid, and boring. I have a near-perfect Miasma build but almost never use it, because it's boring, it's annoying to other players in low- and mid-level missions when they never get to kill anything, and it's not good enough versus very high-level enemies to justify bringing Saryn instead of another frame.

Everyone has a different view of this issue and I don't think anyone's opinion is the best and most perfect, mine included. I do think though that the reaction is understandable. 

I think everyone is considering this rework/buff bad because Miasma can no longer do a ton of damage in an instant and you have to wait for the ticks to happen instead, so it's not a thing about it being bad just people not being ok with that mentality.

Thing is, Equinox can wait a bit, absorb damage into Maim while dealing a bit of DoT and proccing Slash stagger, and then blow up the entire room for far more than current Saryn.

Edited by Kastorius

I want Contagion to be removed entirely - forever. Worst possible skill for a damage caster that adds 0 utility and now becomes mandatory to even use your ultimate...this is unbelievable. Venom is still NOT one-handed action (doesn't interrupt reloads, etc). Molt remained unchanged.

Not enough burst damage. Not enough energy. Too many abilities required. F***ing Contagion is still unchanged and no skills were replaced/drastically changed. DoT with no stuns on all her abilities except for the ultimate. Ranged-Caster required to use melee.

Post rework Saryn has 0 things to add to squad - now not even for Exterminate/Invasion speedruns. Reworked into being a worse Ember in terms of Utility/CC/Damage/Range.

Good thing [DE] fixed Ember's ultimate; she will take over whatever role Saryn lost.

The people that currently use Saryn (or at least the vast majority) will just stop, simple as that. She longer does what they used her for.

You can argue as much as you want that her current use is niche, one trick pony etc but a least it was a use, now (as shown) she is useless, no reason to play her, the abilities don't even have a "fun" factor to fall back on.

Surely it is better to be played for just one ability then not be played at all? From the Dev stream she looks mastery fodder now.

That's cool, but it's pretty clear that the devs don't favor it at all, and they're making the changes they view necessary to address that, as made evident by LOS restrictions and skill being shuffled around (I.E. Radial Javelin becoming Exal's 3rd and not 4th, and taking a nerf to go with it).

It always has to come down with this... Dev's preference vs Player's preference.

IDK why DE nerfs and makes changes so much in a  PVE oriented game ? PVE it is ... so what if she can press 4 to win ? u can do that too !! whats the problem DE ? there is no leaderboard or anythihg like that technically ? and there are other wf that has similar abilities ( easy button mash winning that is ) so why the changes ? and why ignoring age old bugs from 2013 still in game with no fixes ?yeah yeah every game has bugs and glitches ?but the amount in this game beats them all , and whats more every new patch causes more bugs to appear which needs another hotfix patch in a day , and that doesnt solve 100% of all the new bugs ,

we all know that the word "bugframe" is more known in the internet than the word "warframe" (among non warrfame players ) 

For a nice community-friendly-thought-sharing-company like DE , this is sad ....

Not complaining anything , just saying stuff  , ignore if u dont like or if u are a blind DE fanboi/grill , 

It's a rework. They're adding more value to duration for her, which in turn buffs all of her other skills. It's definitely not a nerf.

The problem is her other abilities suck massive eggs. Even with the rework they don't look good enough to waste energy on in most situations, especially against high level enemies.