Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "rip Saryn" Comments Have Already Begun

Vargras

I agree that we should wait till the actual changes take place before making opinions, though for my part it's not about Press 4 to win but what is the most efficient way to kill the enemy and if it's press 4 to kill everything in range disregarding the other powers then that is what I will do. It's really not the fault of the player if he finds the most efficient way to use the tools he is given by the developer of the game, baring it's not a bug that is being exploited. Same thing with certain nodes, if by going to Draco is the most efficient way to rank up my weapon quickly so I can use it and have fun with that weapon that's what I will do, once again it's not the player's fault for using a node designed by the developers to be used as efficiently as they can.

Can someone explain to a non saryn player who happened to see the dev stream how this change can be seen as not as a nerf because it looks like a nerf and DE demostrated how it is a nerf.

To me having to press 1,2,3,4 and then melee a level 40 non corrupted bombard when all you have to do is prees 4 atm looks like a nerf.

You are having to use more abilities and more energy to get the same effect over a longer timeframe, how can this not be a nerf?

Can someone explain to a non saryn player who happened to see the dev stream how this change can be seen as not as a nerf because it looks like a nerf and DE demostrated how it is a nerf.

To me having to press 1,2,3,4 and then melee a level 40 non corrupted bombard when all you have to do is prees 4 atm looks like a nerf.

You are having to use more abilities and more energy to get the same effect over a longer timeframe, how can this not be a nerf?

Hit the nail on the head 

Yes that´s the video i took the screen off.

Don´t see a nikana finisher animation. And still doubt a finisher is mechanical possible in that situation.

It is a finisher, the animation is bugged because she was casting contagion right before it, but you can see by the way bombard was moved (he also performed the front nikana animation) during that moment (also size decresed) was clear it was a finisher. I'm interested tho, what triggered that.

Yes that´s the video i took the screen off.

Don´t see a nikana finisher animation. And still doubt a finisher is mechanical possible in that situation.

It is the finisher dmg, you see how the animation is broken on left hand? (dev build problem probably) that why you didn't see the finisher animation play out like it should in that moment.

Plus just before the big dmg she did the combo that opens up enemies for finisher(Breathless Lunge Combo, Tranquil Cleave Stance)you can see the 4 very fast right hand stabs ending with a kick ??(slow down the video to 0.5 speed so you can see it good, it goes very fast and you may miss it) that it, she cast Miasma after it but the animation broke at that point, the left hand stays in the air(dead give away of broken animation) and she must have hit it with the melee then but because of broken animation in one hand you don't see it clearly a Saryn does a weird swirl that the moment of atack and that the broken finisher. watch the vid in 0.5speed and you will see it clearly.

Like I said the animation skeleton was broken so it not there but the stabs and kick are a dead give away that she did this combo.

See this is exactly what I was talking about, after watching the vid a bit more I noticed how inefficient this new way of using Sayrn is if you basically have to press every button to kill the enemy, granted it is the dev build, but even so this is very inefficient just for the sake of power synergy. Now using mote to gather points towards damage for Miasma that is good synergy, but not when you have to press all buttons just to kill a enemy. 

You know.... almost all the recent "nerfs" have made people upset that the Warframe now isn't press 4 to win against level 1s... but at the same time those "nerfs" have made the frame infinitely better at high levels. Look at Mesa for example, she doesn't have aimbot anymore but that damage ramp up is some serious business.

Frames are moving from a bursty role to a more DPS role.

Edited by maj.death

You know.... almost all the recent "nerfs" have made people upset that the Warframe now isn't press 4 to win against level 1s... but at the same time those "nerfs" have made the frame infinitely better at high levels. Look at Mesa for example, she doesn't have aimbot anymore but that damage ramp up is some serious business.

trading in the 360 noscope ult to get an aimed ult with increasing damage is one thing.

giving up current miasma to this clustereffigy called a rework just for the sake of synergy is something different.

Saryn has now damage mitigation similar to shattershield, no powerful CC, and not enough armor to survive the intended meleefocused playstyle the Devs seem to have inb mind for her

well Saryn was nice knowing you, but now it's time for your hot sister Ember to shine (pun intended)

Edited by Helch0rn

Whats with this talk about running out of energy?

I dont see that being a problem. Rage/SF and slap the molt augment on top of that.

You guys are too quick to jump the gun

making an augment more or less mandatory is not the right way to go.

but you have to admit if this is the new style of play for Sayrn, that this is very inefficient and tedious and for me personally that translates into less fun to play this Warframe.

Looks good to me. Not happy about Contagion staying (we'll see how it turns out to be) but the rest sound fantastic.

From what was showcased It's clear the people who are handling the rework have no clue how to make a poison dot frame They've gone for both caster/tank but not given her the energy/damage of a caster or the armor/ survivability of a tank

Edited by (PS4)kira4715

From what was showcased It's clear the people who are handling the rework have no clue how to make a poison dot frame They've gone for both caster/tank but not given her the energy/damage of a caster or the armor/ survivability of a tank

They sure gave her the speed of a tank......

Seriously if things are going to stay as they were shown with a little tweaking but still largely having to utilize an in your face play style DE needs to adjust her movement speed!  

They sure gave her the speed of a tank......

Seriously if things are going to stay as they were shown with a little tweaking but still largely having to utilize an in your face play style DE needs to adjust her movement speed!  

Yeah speed and 300-450 armor would be a start unfortunately that still leaves lowish energy pool and no real cc to close the gap