Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Raids

In the Livestream, the idea of a dojo raiding system was brought up.   I use to play games that were MMO and MMORPG  and I loved raiding.  Now, although I fully support this idea in the game, my question is, how are people going to connect to each others dojo without having to rely on the host?  What if the host is so bad that no one is able to actually fight?  That wouldn't be fair because then the crappiest of hosts, would be told to stay there while the team leave and rejoins.  I think if raids are added, then dedicated servers will have to be added too.  

However, with that factor taken out of the equation, the idea of being able to go into another clan's dojo and either kill everyone there, or steal all resources, or even destroy rooms so that clans have to rebuild and regain resources, is a great idea.  Forma might be an issue still, but hey, if you successfully raid a clan that has extra forma, then BAM, instant forma.   Now, timezones might pose a problem so perhaps a raid will take about 12 hours, and after a successful, or not so successful, raid, the attackers will have to wait 24hours before raiding anyone else, and will have to wait one week before raiding that same clan again.

Now, Im sure people will either love it, or hate it, but what are your thoughts about a raiding system?

Good idea, but you shouldnt be able to destroy rooms.

yeah probably so.  I mean, that would really suck having your guild vault resources gone and then rooms destroyed.  Maybe, have them "wrecked" and thus need minor rebuilding?  Like, the research rooms are accessible, but you can do research til it is repaired.   Oh, and for those who worry about losing resources from their vault, the solution is simple, keep resources on you and never deposit them in the vault, unless you are preparing to build a weapon or something.

I imagined the dojo update as the precursor for clans vs clans. Like how "challengers" come in to a dojo to prove their fighting prowess and stuff like that. An idea would be Clan A has established a dojo, Clan B has a dojo as well. Dojo's are set in rankings (based on total dojo rooms, worth of construction per room etc etc), Challenging a Clan are only done during the weekends with a certain duration for accepting/challenging clans. Within the said brackets, Clan A and Clan B are in (for the sake of conversation let it be Ranks) Rank 1, Clan A decides to "challenge" Clan B, a system will notify the Warlord/s and Generals, Officers of Clan B with an ample amount of time to prepare (as they maybe in an on going game or offline). The battle will be a minimum of 4v4. Prizes goes hand in hand with the bracket they are in (Rank 0: X amount of materials; Highest Rank: high amount of materials as prizes, with as you said, X number of formas).

The losing clan will have their dojo's visually "destroyed" or have damages from the battle, like say, destroyed pillars, flames etc etc but the rooms and "services" are still available, it's just aesthetically adding salt :3

Win - Lose streak charted into a new leader board system? :3

Ugh.  Dueling is fine because it is a purely voluntary portion of the game that anyone is free to participate in or not participate in.  Some of us just aren't here to pvp.  If I want to play a versus game, I'll play an FPS or an RTS.  

I would rather have Grinner raid the place...

idk why, but some how, that sounds like an idea.  Like, when dojos are more built, then it could have minor events like "Infested have swarmed the dojo.  You need to fight to protect your dojo."  or "Grinneers have taken over the dojo.  Leave no one standing."  or even have a boss that spawns in there and wreaks havoc