Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dueling Room Weapon Rack

Beelzebubbles

I suggest that we allow clan leaders to designate allowable weapon loadouts to each dueling room.  Anyone that chooses to duel in that room cannot use their own weapons and must instead pick from the room's "weapon rack".

It would allow each clan to balance their rooms, as we all know how cheesy the duels can be right now when you can one-shot folks with a Hek.  It would also help DE's revenue, in that it would encourage clans to build more dueling rooms.

Also interesting would be the ability for each duelist to change their weapon selection after each round.  Give it a real chinese martial arts movie feel, like Hero or House of Flying Daggers, or any of that, where duelists often change from a sword to a spear or what not after a quick clash and stare-down.

If DE wants to monetize this capability, they could require that any weapon that is made available in the weapon rack would actually have to be contributed by a member.  So if you want a Rank 15 Ether Sword in there with a level one Pressure Point mod in there, someone would have had to actually contribute that weapon.  I know forum members will probably not like this part of the suggestion as much, but hey, it IS more realistic. :)

Similarly, the clan leaders should be allowed to limit warframe mod levels if they so desire.  Mod underclocking would really help with this.

Instead of clan leaders choosing the allowed items, have the two people about to duel agree on a ruleset by process of elimination.

Player1 blacklists gorgon

Player2 blacklists hek

Player1 blacklists braton

etc...

I could see that being useful too, but it might take a long time to set up each match, and it might be difficult for two players to really come to agreement.  Also makes it harder to have a true leaderboard, since everyone's matches would have had different parameters.

Its a good idea but people might not agree on certain things like which weapons are allowed and stuff. I also think that instead of donating actual weapons and losing them to the dojo I think there should be a dojo research room where you can research and craft weapons like ether blades that are for training only and everyone can donate to them.