[DE]Steve

Update 8 Related Work

Clan polarity... Interesting idea.

We will be able to opt out as members, right? I'd really rather not have my loadout be screwed because my leader or the majority of the clan prefers another setup.

• Upvote 1

awesome! thanks  a lot for the info :B

oh btw is there any ETA on the chat bug being fixed? I haven't been able to connect since like March :/

Edited by nebulosa
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads up, now I may actually pay attention to E3 this year.   Best of luck.

oh and "Boss Heads" as trophies in the dojo........AWESOME.  

• Upvote 2

Is the Prova being looked at? We kind of expected the Corpus prod they use but we got a giant cardboard tube instead.

I wanted to lay down space law on enemy faces.

Police-baton-charge-photo-001.jpg

About the clan limits, does this mean it'd be impossible to go over 2,000 members?  We're rapidly approaching that in my clan already, I'd hate to have to turn people away or kick those that don't come on as much (especially when Warlords don't get any tools to actually monitor the members anyway.)  It seems awfully restricting.

Edited by Twisted_Mentat
  • Upvote 3

A great post! I'm all for supporting you guys, but being in a small clan has left me feeling so burned on the Dojo. I mean we're having such a hard time building our first hallway because of the Forma cost. I know you all are looking at the costs, but if you could limit Formas to building the main rooms please? At least for the small clan sizes... Thanks!

Keep up the good work!

Any word on the CPU/GPU utilization issues?

Meaning: Will the game eventually be optimized to make full use of one's computer?

Also, how goes the working on fixing "hosting" issues (Huge Frame rate drop when hosting)?

• Upvote 4

Hey Steve, I'm happy to see that making new maps out of existing tiles seems to be slowly moving further up in the queue...but will we ever get the opportunity to make our own tiles from existing assets? 

YES! This is what we're exploring next.

• Upvote 19

Can you please try and make Rhino more viable again? His "new and improved" Iron Skin is way too weak for any kind of defense missions and high level missions. Sorry for the lack of any real feedback, but all these changes to Iron Skin has really hurt his tanking abilities. He can no longer be considered a tank, since Ember and Trinity are far better than him at it.

• Upvote 11

"We're adding features to make dead-ends more obvious" ....

they weren't obvious at all, we lost resources (capacity and energy) making something useless, who's fault is that?

Edited by Strac_CRO
  • Upvote 1

Great news!  But do you mean it is currently possible?  Because right now peers cannot access their keys while in a lobby, so I'm not seeing how that could be done.

Meant technically... we'd have to make some UI changes for sure.

• Upvote 7

Or perhaps, if we can't outright refund clan-members individually, have the resources refunded to a clan vault which they can then be pulled from at a later date to be re-used for Dojo construction but nothing else?

I'm assuming that you can pretty easily work backwards from how much a room cost to build to how much needs to be refunded into a clan vault [although Pt spent on rushing it may not be so easy to deal with].

This, please. Would love to rework the Dojo after rushing to get labs up, and can not currently justify it if we lose all of the resources invested.

• Upvote 1

Clan polarity... Interesting idea.

We will be able to opt out as members, right? I'd really rather not have my loadout be screwed because my leader or the majority of the clan prefers another setup.

It would only be additive (aka it would never increase something for you)

• Upvote 9

"We're adding features to make dead-ends more obvious" ....

they weren't obvious at all, we lost resources (capacity and energy) making something useless, who's fault is that?

Mine... sorry.

• Upvote 15

Any word on the CPU/GPU utilization issues?

Meaning: Will the game eventually be optimized to make full use of one's computer?

Also, how goes the working on fixing "hosting" issues (Huge Frame rate drop when hosting)?

This is being worked on... yes. We threaded character lighting last update and I know we've got code looking at networking overhead.

• Upvote 12

Meant technically... we'd have to make some UI changes for sure.

Ah, gotcha, gotcha.  Well thanks a ton for the info, Steve.  This'll make my clanmates VERY happy to hear.

Would have been really, really embarrassed if there had been a way currently for peers to use keys and I'd just been totally oblivious to it, haha.

Edited by Wriith
  • Upvote 3

ORACLE makes no sense and needs a rework

It is a prerequisite and it looked awesome on paper! (but ya, it will have some function in future).

• Upvote 11

Mine... sorry.

No worries at all! We have faith in you, and the whole DE team working on Warframe! We have seen how you guys work and correct mistakes, as well as how smashingly well you listen to the community!

Makes me feel better about throwing money at you all!

Edited by Zackai
  • Upvote 10

I'm going to cry. So much hilarious stuff in a single post..

Thank you DE. Especially for listening to us.. Thank you :'(

Edited by Blezz
  • Upvote 5

It would only be additive (aka it would never increase something for you)

never decrease, i'm assuming :)

I have four full extra Frost Prime blueprint sets. If I craft them all, can I combine them into some sort of... Voltron Prime?

• Upvote 13

Extremely glad to be reading this feedback, game looks like it's going in a great direction. Thanks Steve.