Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Expletive

Get rid of vertical swings on the Scindo/Fragor

Currently, when attacking with a heavy weapon, the attack pattern will be Horizontal -> Vertical -> Vertical ->Diagonal -> Diagonal -> Repeat. The problem is that the vertical swings are simply counter-productive.

They don't have a wide swing, so aiming at fast moving targets like infected is harder. Since they don't swing wide, they're far less useful for fighting multiple enemies, which is probably the reason you're using a heavy weapon in the first place. Finally, If they do hit the target but don't kill them in one blow, they knock them down, causing all subsequent melee strikes to miss entirely.

Or, might I add a suggestion?

Changing the normal key binding of Q to show your gear, why not add the option to control which swing you'd want to do?

E being a horizontal swing, and Q being the vertical.

Supporting this. The vertical swings are one of the many issues plaguing these weapons.

Well, removing vertical swings has downsides as well. Ever thought about that the vertical swings tend to do headshots?

omg guys, seriously, without vertical you will NEVER EVER have Headshots... time melee attacks well

The MAIN problem of these weapons is that they tend to make enemies fall to ground, which is not inherently bad, but subsequents normal attacks are hard to hit on grounded enemies if u dont time them well, and, even if you do, it breaks the pace of combat.

Exactly, so allopw us to decide when to use what by making two keybinds for vert and horizontal respectively. Simple.

Or, might I add a suggestion?

Changing the normal key binding of Q to show your gear, why not add the option to control which swing you'd want to do?

E being a horizontal swing, and Q being the vertical.

I love this idea. Good thinking, Valmar!

I would very much like to control my swings, please. Currently, chopping downwards when I attack a group is useless, and so is swinging sideways when I want to hit something on the ground. :(