Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Syandana (Lamprid: Now On The Steam Workshop)

Syncrasis

LAMPRID: A living organism, this unique infested specimen has affixed itself to a sympathetic host.

tumblr_nxwf0iyq4V1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Available for your consideration on the Steam Workshop here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=556210409

Progress images:

I don't think you understand how much I want a really gross infested syandana slithering around on my back

tumblr_nx41yoQ1wY1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Will be making in Zbrush, stay tuned

tumblr_nx4hfykYQy1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

First pass in Zbrush

tumblr_nx66hvDBfi1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Second pass in Zbrush

tumblr_nx7ykjak6b1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Third pass in Zbrush

tumblr_nxhp9ho9481qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

WIP fourth pass

tumblr_nxhp9ho9481qdt0m6o3_1280.jpg

Polypaint test

tumblr_nxqje5FWvf1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Retopo on left, finish high poly on right with placeholder polypaint

tumblr_nxqrao67Lp1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Low poly in Marmoset Toolbag with normals and ambient occlusion bake, waiting on my cavity map bake!

tumblr_nxstbd8vCM1qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

WIP inside the TennoGen editor while I finish up my tintmasks

tumblr_nxuoy7GZgZ1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nxuoy7GZgZ1qdt0m6o5_1280.jpg

I'm just about done, just some tweaking and animation tests to do yet! 6970 triangles

Edited by Syncrasis

I'm not sure I love the design to be honest. Even if I want to wear infested stuff, I like something a bit more... Purposeful? The cape kind of looks like there hasn't even been an attempt to make it wearable or useful in any way. Kind of like gluing a bush or a slab of pulled pork to your back.

I'm not sure I love the design to be honest. Even if I want to wear infested stuff, I like something a bit more... Purposeful? The cape kind of looks like there hasn't even been an attempt to make it wearable or useful in any way. Kind of like gluing a bush or a slab of pulled pork to your back.

I like the Design but i agree with a lot of this. I think if you took parts of your design and spliced them together into a more functional / cape-like shape it would work better. 

example: 

o7q442A.jpg

Ahh, thanks for the crits. As for the shape, I was going for kind of a loose interpretation of this shape, with an unfurling spiral in the middle

SyandanaWIP2_zpssyanz9jg.jpg

But I agree, those extra danglers never really felt quite right. I'll play around with chopping parts off. Thanks for the example!

As for 7.5k limit, yep I got it. Was going to make many of the smallest strands flat alpha textures with normal maps on them in the tighter areas, but looks like I'll be getting rid of sections of that now. 

Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback!

Edited by Syncrasis

Looking pretty great so far. Any plans to animate it and make it wiggly? (If we can even do that for Tennogen anyways.)

Unfortunately, at least for now, we have no means of animating or skinning syandanas how we want. I'm still hoping DE will take on special cases and allow custom animation and skin weighting / rigging. That will allow for much more unique syandanas.

on-topic: that sculpt looks great, but a bit noisy. I think once you colour it the form at the larger top part will stand out a bit more. I wouldn't sculpt any finer details than what you currently have.

off-topic: Nekros master race.

Edited by _Connor