Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Syandana (Lamprid: Now On The Steam Workshop)

Syncrasis

Unfortunately, at least for now, we have no means of animating or skinning syandanas how we want. I'm still hoping DE will take on special cases and allow custom animation and skin weighting / rigging. That will allow for much more unique syandanas.

Yeah I'm sure it will too. It sounds like they really want to give the players the tools to create whatever they want to.

(I really look forward to the custom sculpted helmets.)

I think that's up to the animation team, but I sure hope they do make it wiggle. They have 64 bones to play with * u *

Hnng, I really hope they take up the chance to do so.

on-topic: that sculpt looks great, but a bit noisy. I think once you colour it the form at the larger top part will stand out a bit more. I wouldn't sculpt any finer details than what you currently have.

off-topic: Nekros master race.

Yeah, color grouping is really gonna save that noise business. Part of the issue is the matcap, as I'm using white cavity to really push things out while I work. Here's pass three from today with fast shader on instead:

tumblr_nx7ykjak6b1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

SyandanaWIP6_zps4t9zqqm5.jpg

I might call it ready for retopo here, or go back in and add some small edge details in areas. What do you guys think? Did I go too heavy on the details?

Also: Nekros 4 lyfe m8

Yeah, color grouping is really gonna save that noise business. Part of the issue is the matcap, as I'm using white cavity to really push things out while I work. Here's pass three from today with fast shader on instead:

tumblr_nx7ykjak6b1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

SyandanaWIP6_zps4t9zqqm5.jpg

I might call it ready for retopo here, or go back in and add some small edge details in areas. What do you guys think? Did I go too heavy on the details?

Also: Nekros 4 lyfe m8

I forgot that this will actually be closer in-game than these screens. You probably could get away with some fine texture sculpting, or just add it with texture images. Maybe some fine creases/lines running with some of the more bulky pieces to make it look like muscle? 

if you google image search 'infested charger' the third image shows the charger's 'tail' is kind of like an internal organ; it has a kind of bulging sac-like quality to it with that kind of seam along one side.

Just hints of detail like that to imply some function to various parts of the model.

I made myself some time to work on this a bit more, here's an update:

tumblr_nxhp9ho9481qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Started my final detail pass. Mmmm, squishy fleshbits.

Also blocked out a quick polypaint for color separation:

tumblr_nxhp9ho9481qdt0m6o3_1280.jpg

Hoping to get my highpoly done tomorrow, and maybe start my retopo. Whew!

Normal map and ambient occlusion bakes finished! Testing out my low poly in Marmoset Toolbag

tumblr_nxqrao67Lp1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Final triangle count: 6900 bang on the money

maybe I should add a few just so it can be 6969 hyehehhehhh

Edited by Syncrasis

tumblr_nxstbd8vCM1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Beep boop progress

Right now I'm experimenting with more interesting ways to maybe shade the top glow section a bit and figure out what to do with the fleshy undersea vent things because I thought I had one more color than I did lol

tumblr_nxstbd8vCM1qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

Edited by Syncrasis

It looks delicious. From the looks of things, you only have 4 colours on there(red, orange, green, purple. There are 4 tints and a separate emission colour, so I think you do have another colour to work with!.

Ohhh my gosh I was wondering why one of my tints and the emissive color occupied the same space... Thank you for pointing this out to me!!