The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Extermination 3: Glitched Twice In A Row, Forced Us To Abort

cyrus106

We ran a void level 3 mission (you know, with level 50-90 enemies) and TWICE in a row a single corrupted(corpus type) was stuck in the "basement" of the map. This caused us to abort twice in a row, it happened in the same room. 

Here's the reference image:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578990744032095528/E471E2A867C1CE30CF4905E49E440BE7726758EA/

Notice the corpus under the glass, and for further proof the orange waypoint on him with the "down" arrow, indicating he's below us. There is literally no way to get down there, we scoured the ENTIRE map.

We also found a second map-breaking bug. This one was caused by our exploring to try and find that bastard. We wall ran in this room(using the pillars) and eventually we PHASED through the glass at the top. However you cannot fall back down, the glass is then considered solid: (You can see my two buddies already stuck up there.)

http://i.imgur.com/Vx1PtErh.jpg

I had my buddy Link(the rhino) take screenshots up there, to prove that we were up there (notice the blocked walls, no doorways)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578990744032089107/1F23936AC17957B770CDA71171A13091DE2E1557/

Extra picture for laughs:

Banshee stuck on a globe:

http://i.imgur.com/PhLcNFZh.jpg

These two bugs are game-breaking, as you CANNOT bypass them and finish the level. Can we uh....do something about this please?

That enemy is a good floor level below them, it wouldn't be hit by a simple melee jump AoE. I've seen the same thing happen in a few Tower Raid missions.

Also, you should probably move this to a bug forum, not General Discussion. It might be more likely to be seen and fixed there...

Edited by Aramet

At least it was an actual extermination mission. The one I was in last night ended up being a Raid mission despite the key saying it was an extermination. We ended up having to rush it...and we hate rushing.

Did you try the jump-melee attack on the man in the floor?? if the aoe from it is large enough you should be able to hit them.

Alot of times this will work.  

I had a Level 2 VOID run earlier where Vauban caused one of our teamates to get stuck in a doorway. He never got out, after 5 or so mins we had to go without him.  Also a VOID run right after that we had 4 in the party, we loaded in but only 3 of us made it.  The other guy showed we had not launched the game yet,  was in our squad still but could not join the mission.

That enemy is a good floor level below them, it wouldn't be hit by a simple melee jump AoE. I've seen the same thing happen in a few Tower Raid missions.

Also, you should probably move this to a bug forum, not General Discussion. It might be more likely to be seen and fixed there...

Nobody ever replys to topics there from my experience. I post requests for fixes in both the bug topic and general discussion in most cases. The general discussion gets replys and the bug fix page gets ignored

Nobody ever replys to topics there from my experience. I post requests for fixes in both the bug topic and general discussion in most cases. The general discussion gets replys and the bug fix page gets ignored

Oh, I see your other thread now. Sorry. Yeah, I hardly get replies in the bug topic (save for one from another forumer and one from Rebecca in separate threads), but I leave it there anyway in hopes that it will be acknowledged by a dev/moderator sooner and fixed sooner.

Oh, I see your other thread now. Sorry. Yeah, I hardly get replies in the bug topic (save for one from another forumer and one from Rebecca in separate threads), but I leave it there anyway in hopes that it will be acknowledged by a dev/moderator sooner and fixed sooner.

It's alright. You made a logical, honest point. Thank you for your feedback ^_^

Leave that room, proceed 4-5 rooms either backwards or forwards.

The game should spawn a new enemy in its place and despawn the glitched one as long as nobody is within a few rooms of him.

Exterminate missions are designed so that even if you skip an enemy or two in one room, as long as it wasn't 1-2 rooms ago, you'll run into that enemy again.

Speaking of which, me and a friend had that same corrupted corpus crewman get stuck under the floor in that very same room. Since we already knew there's no way to get there, we skipped him and finished the mission without ever killing him.

Also on occasion, if an enemy does get stuck and wont respawn, killing every other enemy will sometimes cause the counter to hit 0 despite enemies still being alive. Probably to halt the very issue you guys had.

The main problem with all these fixes to the issue is just that nobody knows about it so nobody does it and they spend all their time trying to get to the glitched enemy instead of ignoring them.

Leave that room, proceed 4-5 rooms either backwards or forwards.

The game should spawn a new enemy in its place and despawn the glitched one as long as nobody is within a few rooms of him.

Exterminate missions are designed so that even if you skip an enemy or two in one room, as long as it wasn't 1-2 rooms ago, you'll run into that enemy again.

Speaking of which, me and a friend had that same corrupted corpus crewman get stuck under the floor in that very same room. Since we already knew there's no way to get there, we skipped him and finished the mission without ever killing him.

Also on occasion, if an enemy does get stuck and wont respawn, killing every other enemy will sometimes cause the counter to hit 0 despite enemies still being alive. Probably to halt the very issue you guys had.

The main problem with all these fixes to the issue is just that nobody knows about it so nobody does it and they spend all their time trying to get to the glitched enemy instead of ignoring them.

Normally this would've worked except that the last enemy we had to deal with was at extraction (or so the way point said so). The enemy was no where to be found and used banshee's infamous AOE in hopes to kill the last enemy. Sadly no luck. We searched the other rooms but the original enemy we found under the map was gone. so we did actually walk away from the area but he never showed again. The game wouldn't let us extract so we had to leave.

I have to admit i didn't know that about extermination missions though.

• 2 weeks later...