Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amo17's Workshop

AMO_17

I'm having an issue with the normal map for the helmet. I'm fairly certain it isn't supposed to look like this hot mess. Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I exported the normal map from ZBrush. Worked fine with the body, but this...not so much.

tumblr_nxbn257ylk1rncjavo1_1280.png

I'm no expert, but I think the helmet images are supposed to be 2048 x 1024. This map appears to be more square like 2024 x 2048.

Edited by Mhykiel

Your story is cool but just be careful not to be sued by Infinity Blade. The main antagonist in the game is also a race of people called the deathless.

Your story is cool but just be careful not to be sued by Infinity Blade. The main antagonist in the game is also a race of people called the deathless.

But holy hunhow the skin is amazing

I'm no expert, but I think the helmet images are supposed to be 2048 x 1024. This map appears to be more square like 2024 x 2048.

I think before I decided to take a break from this thing, I figured out my issue xD;  Can't remember what my work around was, but thanks! That's exactly what my problem is.  I wish ZBrush would allow you to choose the map size when you bake it out.

A bit heavy on the Tennoscript, but it looks nice.

Didn't know the tenno script looked like that honestly.  I was just being random and decided to draw scribbles all over it XD.  Thanks!

But holy hunhow the skin is amazing

I think I'll be fine so long as I don't copy and paste their origin story...though I can't say I know it since I haven't played the game in a long time. :P  Good looking out though!  If it becomes a problem I'll happily change the name.  A corporation versus a guy who's broke 24/7...not good odds in my favor.

keep the good work, still need a lot :p

I plan to pick it back up this weekend! Had to take a break from it as this is my first time messing with textures...well hell this is my first time even looking at game textures.  :)  If you can, I'd like you to tell me what I should work on.  This isn't at all my forte so to me this looks good right now, but if you could point out what I should fix, etc. I'd greatly appreciate it!  My plan is to tone down a lot of that orange.  I like how simple the back of the suit is...the Front is way too busy. 

Looks freaking amazing man! Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks!

Sweet father of lotus...

Lol, Thank you :P

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

For all of those interested in this skin, I plan to pick it back up this weekend! I had to take a break from it as this is all new and foreign to me.  Any tips/pointers as to how I can make this skin better would be greatly appreciated, keep in mind that I want to stick with the idea of the original art piece, so try not to stray too far from that!

Edited by AMO_17