The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vampires- Where Are The Really Good Ones?

EternalOdyessy

I'm talking about on the levels of Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines. From what I've somewhat seen, Pop Media likes to make vampires rather wimpy (sometimes weaker than human beings...?) and not even worth the effort.

I already know of the vampire sisters from Touhou, and they're freaking awesome, but is there any vampire movie/book/game/ect that have vampires that actually kick &#!?

And, please, no troll "Twilight" comments.

(some) Vampires in Jojo's Bizzare Adventure are really strong.

Nasuverse has dead apostoles (humans turned vampires) and true ancestors (original vampires), in which you can't even fight them if you're a regular human. Try Tsukihime for main vampire heroine.

Play the Dawnguard questline from Skyrim. That's what I think they'd be like.

(I know you're talking about Anime, but y'know)

If you really want a super weird one, Diabolik Lovers. Just watching the ad makes me feel weird.

Edited by Xhos

Anime Twilight, aka Vampire Knight

I feel like you had to joke around with what I immediately said. Not sure if you're talking about something that isn't' that twilight or talking about something else entirely. Vampire Knight? I don't know if you're making a joke here, I seriously do not want "Twilight" on my search history. 

Play the Dawnguard questline from Skyrim. That's what I think they'd be like.

(I know you're talking about Anime, but y'know)

If you really want a super weird one, Diabolik Lovers. Just watching the ad makes me feel weird.

I do have Skyrim, hundreds of hours in, but whenever I finally get around to playing it, my hype kinda dies off with how absurdly easy it is to sidetrack from whatever you're doing and get started on something else entirely. I've even tried to focus on doing Dawnguard, but I ended up doing stuff at the thieves guild. That game is WAY too open.

I feel like you had to joke around with what I immediately said. Not sure if you're talking about something that isn't' that twilight or talking about something else entirely. Vampire Knight? I don't know if you're making a joke here, I seriously do not want "Twilight" on my search history. 

I do have Skyrim, hundreds of hours in, but whenever I finally get around to playing it, my hype kinda dies off with how absurdly easy it is to sidetrack from whatever you're doing and get started on something else entirely. I've even tried to focus on doing Dawnguard, but I ended up doing stuff at the thieves guild. That game is WAY too open.

It's an anime and manga that focuses on Vampires.

I'm talking about on the levels of Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines. From what I've somewhat seen, Pop Media likes to make vampires rather wimpy (sometimes weaker than human beings...?) and not even worth the effort.

I already know of the vampire sisters from Touhou, and they're freaking awesome, but is there any vampire movie/book/game/ect that have vampires that actually kick !?

And, please, no troll "Twilight" comments.

Its almost like you were inviting me here.

tumblr_mnxxre3wXT1qkvl19o1_500.gif

I guess you should just play along. It's easy to lose yourself inside an Elder Scrolls game.

Bakemonogatari series features a loli vampire which is actually incredibly strong.

There's also the aforementioned Hellsing, with the badass alucard.

Theres also blood+. Clamp actually also redid that anime as blood c. Both are worth a watch.

Vampire knight is actually really good also.

I guess you should just play along. It's easy to lose yourself inside an Elder Scrolls game.

I'll just leave my Skyrim review here to respond to this.

No offense, but I just typed it all out, and I don't feel like retyping again.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/InhumanOdyessy/recommended/72850/

Bakemonogatari series features a loli vampire which is actually incredibly strong.

There's also the aforementioned Hellsing, with the badass alucard.

Theres also blood+. Clamp actually also redid that anime as blood c. Both are worth a watch.

Vampire knight is actually really good also.

Hellsing and Vampire Knight seem to be the most common reply. I'll definitely give those a look-see.

Its almost like you were inviting me here.

tumblr_mnxxre3wXT1qkvl19o1_500.gif

Aaaaand who are you? bB5sBbH.gif

Edited by EternalOdyessy

Hellsing and Vampire Knight seem to be the most common reply. I'll definitely give those a look-see.

Go for Hellsing Ultimate (Sub or dub) and as for Vampire Knight...it's essentially the anime version of Twilight (as others have said). It's a love story (and personally it's a guilty pleasure of mine).

Go for Hellsing Ultimate (Sub or dub) and as for Vampire Knight...it's essentially the anime version of Twilight (as others have said). It's a love story (and personally it's a guilty pleasure of mine).

iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Also, name your yuki pairing now.

From what I've somewhat seen, Pop Media likes to make vampires rather wimpy (sometimes weaker than human beings...?) and not even worth the effort.

Funny you should mention "wimp"

Have you ever read the original Dracula book? Not the movies, not the re-imaginings, those made him more and more badass over the years. Dracula was little more than a witch who'd sold his soul to the Devil. He was a snide, grouchy warlock who kidnapped babies for his blood so he could have enough strength to cast his good spells (like shapeshifting). He spent a third of the book being an obvious metaphor for tuberculosis, and another third of the book being chased by a private eye

He was never not-dangerous, and trying to fight him alone was suicide, but he wasn't the dark master of the night that Castlevania and Christopher Lee turned him into

Teen (not that kind) novel: My sword hand is singing. The main character isn't a vampire (if that is what you were looking for) but rather the vampire is a creature(s) that move the plot around from behind the scenes. More mystery and suspense then bloodbaths and action music. Though that doesn't mean body parts aren't found in the woods, and things don't try to break into your home while you're in it.

(on the flip side) Movies:

-Underworld (possibly). The first one, and possibly the third (prologue). The trilogy has action galore but the plot is over taken by the plot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

-Dracula untold. Blood bath, blood bath, blood bath, only instrumental action music, blood bath.

-What we do in the shadows. A ridiculously silly comedy from New Zealand.

-Blade. Classic action movie.

-Abraham Lincoln: Vampire hunter. Why? because why not.

-Let the right one in. Even more mystery and suspense with some bloody deaths. (Swedish movie)

Edited by Postal_pat