Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Shimmering Light In The Dark Sector [Ooc, Disscusions, Recruitment currently closed]

Denny2669

Welcome to my first (and most successfull) roleplay thread.

What is it about?

If you're like me, you LOVE Dark Sector, and thats what this roleplay is going to be about.

It begins a few days after the events of Dark Sector, your character has been infected with the technocyte virus and now you are banned from the outside world, treated as an outcast and a monster, trying to survive in the nation of Lasria.

You found a broadcast on a radio saying that theres shelter for you and your kind in a nearby church, you make your way there, hoping it's not a trap.

How to enter:

You will need to post your character in the comments with all of these written out:

Name:

Nationality:

Warframe (obviously not wearing it):

How you got infected:

What you were before you got infected:

Character (needs to be detailed):

Appearance:

Signature weapon (melee):

Anything else there is about you character will have to be found out by talking to him/her and asking about it, so prepare a hidden backstory.

Taken Warframes: Rhino, Volt, Ash, Banshee, Proto-Excalibur, Nyx, Nemesis Nyx, Chroma, Zephyr, Zephyr Deluxe, Ember Deluxe, Nekros, Titania, Mirage, Ivara, Mesa, Valkyr.

Rules

1. Know the Dark Sector lore and story line, if you don't, then at least watch a let's play or read the plot on the wiki.

2.There can be only one warframe of one kind, to explain in detail, there cannot be 3 Lokis running around, however there can be more of the same kind if it has a special skin (like the Gersemi or Temple guardian skin for example).

3.Don't be OP, it's a standard in many other roleplay threads, don't just say that you killed the boss in one swing, if the boss dies, I will announce it.

4.I control all NPCs and enemies, It's self explanatory, you cannot play as Hayden or any other character that was mentioned in the game, sorry, but it's the only way to keep the story and the roleplay stable.

5.Generally all other roleplay and forum rules, If you don't know them, look up Silverbones guide.

Important rules for your character

1.Your character has to be like the frame itself, if you don't know what I mean, you have to keep the characters gender, appearance and powers correspond to the frame they are, imagine how the original Volt or Excalibur would behave or do if they could talk.

2.They need a melee weapon thats part of their body, like Haydens Glaive and Nemesis' sword, your character also needs such a weapon. But in Mesas case, you can have guns. Just don't give Rhino a dagger or Limbo a hammer. You can choose any Tenno melee weapon.

3. Only one frame per skin and no primes, I said it before, If the warframe has two alternate skins, there can be two of them (like 2 Valkyrs), but some are already taken, like proto-Excalibur and Nemesis Nyx. But you can still be the normal Nyx or Excalibur. 

4.Only one character, do I even need to explain? You cannot have two or three characters, only one, so make it count.

5.They do not wear frames, they only have their clothes and a metalic skin. You choose your warframe only to tell what powers they have.

6.Make your story explain how you got your powers, there has to be a reason how you got that specific mutation, Volt could get electrocuted when he got infected, giving him his electrical powers. Be crative with your story if you picked Mesa or Limbo, just don't make it too long.

Note: Due to the large number of participants, I have to stop recruitment for a while. But you can still reserve frames for your characters so you can join when recruitment is open again, but it definitely won't open anytime soon. Good luck.

Edited by Denny2669
Edited

This peaks my interest.

Name: Dmitri Markovic

Nationality: Russian

Warframe (obviously not wearing it): Rhino

How you got infected: Dmitri was unlucky enough to decide to tangle with the Colossus, The monster thrashed him and threw him into a nearby wall, but the monster had also left some deep gashes on his own on Dmitri, the results later was a metallic encrustation across his both his arms and covering one quarter of his left scalp, as well as as bolstering his strength and endurance.

What you were before you got infected: Dmitri was once a medic, assisting with the clean-up with the Lasiran army, working closely with his unit to keep them battle ready, unfortunately his unit subsequently died when the colossus struck

Character: Dmitri Markovic is mainly stubborn and tough but he isn't blind to the fact help is needed, he is often distrustful of Lasiran troops and humans in general these days due to his exile and being hunted by the army due to his infection but he doesn't ignore the possibilities of being friends with humans. 

Appearance: Dmitri's a 6 foot 3 male with a muscular brawler body complexion with pale skin, green eyes and black hair, the left side of his hair has been shaved in order to accommodate the technoocyte infection that has replaced it. His face accommodates a thick stubble and a few bandages due to his injuries such as a cast on his nose and some plasters on his cheek or forehead

His clothes are a mixture of his old uniform and some clothes he had to borrow from other sources, such as a black turtle-neck jumper, His ruined Lasiran army jacket he uses as a poncho or a cloak, a pair of denim blue cargo trousers with a brown leather gun holster on his thigh and ammo clips on his belt with one knee high combat boot on his right foot and his old army boot on his other foot. 

Signature weapon (melee): Due to the Technocyte infection strain in his bloodstream, Dmitri  uses his strength and his metallic arms as blunt force weapons to crush and damage armor

Edited by Drakeardian

So here I go for the rework of this, I went with a full back-story for I didn't manged to explain clearly the circumastances of my infection otherwise, so sorry for the text wall it is.

Name: Cyriann

Nationnality: French

Warframe (obviously not wearing it): Volt

How you got infected:

I came to the country with at first the idea of simply passing by on my way to the east yet the terrible outbreak forced to remain in Lasria. Nothing abnormal at first, sick people getting treated, stories about so called “zombies” appearing before getting gunned down, I was not paying real attention to the situation since my concern was more to find a way to contact my friends in Japan that I would be late.
And the ambience changed, suddenly, the men where growing paranoiac up to the point they were getting dangerous, everyone in what we learned was a quarantine zone was terrified as the different soldiers we were used to see for the last two weeks disappeared, replaced by less friendly men clearly more ready to kill anyone who would oppose them.

Rumors of monsters were spreading even more while people were noticing parts of buildings we were not allowed to approach were growing a strange black material the soldiers were instantly burning down as soon as they noticed it. Up to one day, a week after the vibe had changed, people were more and more paranoid, I was concerned by what was going on, hoping things would calm down soon as the radio kept ensuring it. This day, I was at a phone, trying to contact my friends when I heard screams, by the window I saw horrors of flesh tracking the people that were stuck with me in the quarantine while the soldiers tried to hold them back. I tried to remain as silent as possible waiting for help, then I heard the soldiers yelling in Lasirian, walling for help, only to receive an answer through a speaker : “This quarantine is compromised, from now on, you’re on your own”, it wasn’t the exact phrasing thought.
At that moment, a strange black thing popped out of the wall, the same black material that was appearing on the buildings, but it was outlined with electricity, jolting on multiple directions. And while the “spike” had stopped, it suddenly resumed growing, yet this time not straight out of the wall, it lunged first for the phone, impaling out with a shrieking sound piercing my ears.

I was paralyzed looking at it while it had stopped again, and then I tried to move, a jolt bursted out of it right in front of me, stopping the beginning of my movement. And then the thing grew again but this time it went at me, the surprise made me try to protect myself, letting the thing go thought my hand and forearm before I passed out from the pain.

When I woke up the spike was nowhere to be found, the only signs of its presence were the damages to the wall and the phone as well as the small burns caused by electricity here and there. I then looked at my arm and what I saw made me almost scream, my right forearm and hand were now covered by a thick metallic skin that was giving a “demonic” look to it. It was a terrifying sight but while was in surprise my neck started tickling by reflex I reached to it with my left hand and felt the same metallic texture I had felt when coursing around my transformed arm. It was covering a patch on my right part simply going from a part of my neck a few centimeters to my back and extending toward my right arm. I followed it to my right arm, it was simply a metallic vein going from my elbow to the patch a little bit after my shoulder.

I then blacked out again, from a feeling coming from my insides, I would discover what it is far later. When I came to again I was no longer in the building but instead, tied up and lying on the ground I looked up to meet the glaring eyes of five soldiers discussing what to do of me. And I heard one saying their orders were to kill me and then burn the place, I don’t what happened in me at this very moment but I simply thought “I don’t want to die, not now, not like this”. And then, I called back on my memories of martial art, freeing myself and tackling the men, I had learned to kill, and I killed. Yet the way it went, how fast I was, how slow everything around was, and once they were dead, the world returned to its normal rhythm. I had killed, not knowing what would come out of it, but I was now certain of one thing, I needed to understand what I had become, for I felt like an abomination.

I hid in the forest, hoping to find something, and now I learned about the shelter, and I’m praying that what I learned of my new self during those month will be of any use to someone.

What you were before you got infected:
I was pretty much a normal person, I was studying biology, I was practicing martial art since I was ten and had a liking toward music, not a lot more to say aside from those friends I lost and hope to see again.

Character:

As a person I’m a guy who lives his day one after the other, the present being what shapes the future. I’m normally sociable but at first not easy to make contact with, for I prefer to maintain people out of my problems. If i would create a bond with someone I could refer as a friend then, I would open myself, letting a more talky and expressive me out.
I’m as well impulsive and generally ready to jump into action without a defined strategy, most of the time too confident on my capabilities, but if I come to fight seriously I’m more calculative, yet still very brutal.

Appearence:

Hair color: chestnut

Hair style: short hair with no real work on the style, I wake up with and go with what I get

Eye color: Blue, goes emerald green when channeling powers

Skin tone: Try 2 month of surfing and messing around the beach with a white toned skin and you'll get my skin tone, in one word, tanned

I wear a quite simple outfit, in general a jean with a shirt adapted to the season, completed with a leather jacket studded with pockets.

I'm only 167cm tall, and thought my build is not heavy in appearence, I still have relatively large shoulders.

And finally my arm, with time it's appearence changed, from a pure armor of metal encasing my arm to a different kind of arm. Now it looks like Nero's arm (if you see who I'm refferencing), my fingers now have a claw like appearence while the metal skin forms two layers.

the first layer is thin and glows with a faint emerald-ish light while covering all my arm.

The second layer forms thicker areas on top of it, the back of my hand is protected by it taking the form of a gauntlet yet it is not protecting the central part of it leaving a circular glowing area. The rest of the forearm is then encased in the thicker layer letting faint glows escape trought som cracks on the back of it with a central one coursing from the back of the hand.

I'm covering my arm with bandages to hide th metalic skin and suppress the glowing. I'm generally pretending I'm hidding a terrifying sight for people not to ask more.

Signature weapon (melee):
Dual handed single edged blade, but I can handle it single handed for it is slightly shorter and lighter. In terms of design, it is a one piece of metal, with no hilt.
I store it inside of me, through the patch on my neck from where the handle can pop out for me to grab it and pull it off, also, if I’m tensed the handle can burst out with me not commanding it to.

I went with how I would idealy have my character, but if you think I need restrictions and tweaks point them out and I'll change them to a better fit.

Edited by Cyriann

snip

This peaks my interest.

Name: Dmitri Markovic

Nationality: Russian

Warframe (obviously not wearing it): Rhino

How you got infected: Dmitri was unlucky enough to decide to tangle with the Colossus, The monster thrashed him and threw him into a nearby wall, but the monster had also left some deep gashes on his own on Dmitri, the results later was a metallic encrustation across his left arm and covering one quarter of his left scalp, as well as as bolstering his strength.

What you were before you got infected: Dmitri was once a medic, assisting with the clean-up with the Lasiran army, working closely with his unit to keep them battle ready, unfortunately his unit subsequently died when the colossus struck

Character: Dmitri Markovic is mainly stubborn and tough but he isn't blind to the fact help is needed, he is often distrustful of Lasiran troops and humans in general these days due to his exile and being hunted by the army due to his infection but he doesn't ignore the possibilities of being friends with humans. 

Signature weapon (melee): Dmitri's arm has given him the ability to use a sword similar to the Nemesis's main weapon.

Accepted! Great character, but are you sure about the melee weapon? I expected some fist weapon or a great axe, but it's your character.

Thank you for joining!

snip

Name:Cyriann (I prefer a pseudonym I'll keep the real name secret for a while)

Warframe (obviously not wearing it): Volt

How you got infected: in a quarantine zone an infected spike pierced through my right hand

What you were before you got infected: a 20 year old traveler trying to discover the world

Character: (I'm not on my pc so it'll come later)

Signature weapon (melee): dual handed and single edged blade (lighter than normal)

Give me corrections on what bugs you, I'll update it with the character.

You seem to have rushed it a bit... I suggest you to make it on your PC, read the rules again and take your time, put some more effort into it.

I will be recruiting for a long time, so you have all the time in the world.

If you don't know what you did wrong, feel free to ask.

Edited by Denny2669

Accepted! Great character, but are you sure about the melee weapon? I expected some fist weapon or a great axe, but it's your character.

Thank you for joining!

You seem to have rushed it a bit... I suggest you to make it on your PC, read the rules again and take your time, put some more effort into it.

But I like Galantines!

I wanted to give little but apparently it feels messy, well I'll rework that calmly at home.

But I like Galantines!

It struck me that... Are we referring the game melee weapons or we can go creative as long as we keep it in line with our character ?

But I like Galantines!

Then you should have pointed out the fact that the sword is massive! (I love Galatines too)

I wanted to give little but apparently it feels messy, well I'll rework that calmly at home.

It struck me that... Are we referring the game melee weapons or we can go creative as long as we keep it in line with our character ?

You can go creative as long as you keep it explained and simple, but I prefer choosing weapons that are already in Warframe because it's easier for everyone to imagine.

Edited by Denny2669

I edited my presentation post.

Also, my english is not perfect so if there are errors, or things you don't get ask me I'll try to clarify it.

Good job dude, see what happens when you take your time?

Some grammar issues here and there, but I'm not that good at english either, so it's ok.

I'm just a little confused by his weapon, how does he sheat it again? Inside his neck?

Oh, and I added nationality and appearance to the list, so you may wanna do that later.

I'm planning on starting the roleplay sometime next week, if enough people join in time, the closest day will be Thursday.

Good job dude, see what happens when you take your time?

Some grammar issues here and there, but I'm not that good at english either, so it's ok.

I'm just a little confused by his weapon, how does he sheat it again? Inside his neck?

Oh, and I added nationality and appearance to the list, so you may wanna do that later.

I'm planning on starting the roleplay sometime next week, if enough people join in time, the closest day will be Thursday.

For the sheath yeah, it goes back in the neck, but litteraly getting sucked in, no matter the part of the blade it that comes into contact with it.

I had that pic of having a normal move but then the blade bending in an awkward way with strange sounds.

The apparence will not be easy but the nationnality comes right away.

Edited by Cyriann

Added the appearence part.

And if we have not enough people ? We could do a few chapters with only the three of us, giving an idea of how you are driving the story to others don't you think ?

Added the appearence part.

And if we have not enough people ? We could do a few chapters with only the three of us, giving an idea of how you are driving the story to others don't you think ?

I did consider that, and we will have to do it your way. Making chapters is a good idea, thoe anyone could join at any time as long as they have permision. But remember that this is my first official roleplay thread that was made by me, so give me feedback whenever you see me doing something wrong.

And as I said, the closest time to start this RP would be Thursday.

As for your appearance, it's pretty good but you lack sone of the most important stuff, like hair and skin color, hair style, eye color, that sort of stuff, otherwise you hit the nail on the head.

Oh, and Drakeardian, you should update your character.

Edited by Denny2669

Well that's updated as well, hell as if I didn't needed more lines on my presentation.

Your is done and accepted (duh)! Sadly, I'm going to need more time to start the roleplay, but I assure you it will be this week.

Other than that, keep the hype train going! (so it can crash into my horrible Hayden imitation XD)

Applying! Let's see how it goes.

Name: Kenneth Takano

Nationality: American

Warframe: Ash

How you got infected/What you were before you got infected: Kenneth was the child of a male Japanese immigrant and a female American Army Major. Though he was lovingly cared for, establishing lasting friendships was almost impossible due to his parents moving so often. Homeschooled, Kenneth eventually decided to enlist in the CIA. His latest assignment? Follow Hayden Tenno's footsteps and ensure that the infected operative accomplished his mission. It's at this point that his memory fails; his most recent memory is of diminishing pain and a sharp sensation before he awakes to a radio broadcast and his new, mutated body.

Character: Kenneth is very quiet, and not very sociable or outgoing. Though he doesn't mind company, he can live contentedly without it. When faced with a problem, asking someone else for help is an option that never occurs to him. Armed with a quick and attentive mind, Kenneth is a force to be reckoned with in both academic and martial fields.

Appearance: Once upon a time, Kenneth was quite ordinary, with a lean frame and a fit body. The Infestation accentuated his lankiness, lightened his skin and darkened his veins. Small, mandible-like protusions sprout from each side of his jaw, and both of his hands and lower arms are now metallic, clawed, and dotted with small flecks of blue bioluminescence. He used to shave himself bald, but it's unlikely he'll find a razor now. The only human traits he retains are his dark, slanted eyes; everything else screams inhuman.

He has managed to scavenge clothing from fallen soldiers to replace his ruined suit. He only wears light gray cargo pants, a black hoodie, a grimy brown duster coat and athletic shoes.

Signature weapon: Short but exceedingly sharp blades that extend from his wrists. Proto-Kunai, if you will.

Edited by Achaix

I'd say sanity can have multiple origins, despite the supposed pain due to infection.

Hayden is affected by a precise illness witch litterally prevents him from feeling ANY pain at all.

For Nadia... Well I d'ont know, but will investigate.

It can be up to us to either justify or not the reason why.

But that's just me.

I'd say sanity can have multiple origins, despite the supposed pain due to infection.

Hayden is affected by a precise illness witch litterally prevents him from feeling ANY pain at all.

For Nadia... Well I d'ont know, but will investigate.

It can be up to us to either justify or not the reason why.

But that's just me.

Hayden suffered from congenital analgesia.

Just giving the name out for...

Knowledge reasons?

Edited by Drakeardian

Achaix, ACCEPTED!!! Great character, but there is some stuff i would like to know.

He has been tasked to assure Hayden does his job? When and why did he get that assignment?

And that was his FIRST assignment? Going into the infested hell hole that is Lasria? Alone?

And what is his hair style/color? (if he has any)

Oh, and will you reveal more about how he got infected in the roleplay? Cause smoke powers and invisibility don't come from a zombie scratch (maybe you cold say that when he got infected he fell into a pille of burned corpses and the ash got into his wounds, giving him the powers, but thats just a suggestion).

Now onto the painfull stuff (pun), I don't know if it's the pain that causes the "zombification" or if it's just the virus.

But I always thought that it was Haydens disease that allowed him to control the technocite and stay sane... until Nadia and Mezmer have been revealed (and Mezmer does not have that disease, because you can hear his screams of pain when you hit him in the fight, dunno about Nadia thoe).

But for the sake of this roleplay, pain will not be the thing that makes infected go insane.

Only those who had special conditions may bend the technocite to their will, so no normal zombie scratch can allow you to shoot fire balls.

Getting hit by some special infected, mixing the venom with chemicals or medicine, drowning, burning, consuming toxins.... anything different from a normal bite or scratch can cause a special mutation.

Now to the roleplay, I'm almost ready, prepare to go IC soon.

Oh, and a little note to everyone: follow this topic, it is important that you stay updated about this roleplay.

Edited by Denny2669