Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pbr Update On Frost Prime Lowered The Quality Of Frost Prime's Other Textures.

BubblesTheBlob

On Frost Prime's PBR update (which looks quite good, by the way), it seems the regular pattern texture was compressed more than it was before on maximum texture quality. The texture used to be pretty well-defined with really sharp lines, but now looks a bit fuzzier and more pixelated, like it's been compressed one level further than before.

To compare, here's a couple shots of me with the old textures. You can see they're sharp and well-defined edges between the light and dark colors of my prime color scheme.

e8FzfBp.jpg

caTTUXZ.jpg

gBFAE3i.jpg

And here are a few of the current situation. It looks a lot more pixelated on the edges, which is especially noticeable on his shoulders (at least with the Ash Noble arm-folding animation) and his coat tail (in screenshot #3).

yNRR0yr.jpg

AlU2kp9.jpg

xBCf9Zu.jpg

The PBR update looks really nice and was done very well, just the lower quality of the original textures was lowered and it's been bugging me a bit ever since the update it came through with. Nothing has changed on any of my colors or graphics qualities between these screenshots. Texture quality is on the highest for all of them.

Yes, I've been noticing this too. I want to double check Frost as well, since he could be having the same issue.

EDIT: on another note, am I the only noticing that the retextured frames are having certain areas on the neck clipped by the mesh-inside of the helmets? IDK if it did happen before...

Also, before opening a topic on it, Did tints 1-3 for Frost Prime accomodate for the new PBR textures? Because I know regular Frost did not and he looks washed out on light environments...

Edited by NightmareT12

I see. However for now, the real problem bugs me is that his "channel pattern" is changed. Now his bow-tie and pants glow when channeling instead of these lines before update. 

• When using Frost Prime, the parts of the Warframe tinted by the Secondary color will glow instead, as Frost Prime does not normally use Tint Color 4 without an alternate helmet.

I haven't looked much into the channel pattern since the update (mainly because I'm actively attacking when I channel and can't admire my fashionable handiwork at the time), but the old way was ONLY on what I had on that light tan color (and none of the black), and for a very cool effect when I channeled with my dark-red energy.

I do have a few shots of the old pattern, but they're on my hard drive at home, so I can't put them up right now. Basically, if you look at my "old frost" screenshots, the ornate tan/yellow-colored sections were what glowed when channeling. I can't say much for the Squall helmet, because I don't remember it too well. Pretty sure the tan part glowed there too.

I remember though that the Festive Frost skin has glowing pants when he channels, but he also has very different channel-segmenting anyway, even before the PBR update.

I haven't looked much into the channel pattern since the update (mainly because I'm actively attacking when I channel and can't admire my fashionable handiwork at the time), but the old way was ONLY on what I had on that light tan color (and none of the black), and for a very cool effect when I channeled with my dark-red energy.

I do have a few shots of the old pattern, but they're on my hard drive at home, so I can't put them up right now. Basically, if you look at my "old frost" screenshots, the ornate tan/yellow-colored sections were what glowed when channeling. I can't say much for the Squall helmet, because I don't remember it too well. Pretty sure the tan part glowed there too.

I remember though that the Festive Frost skin has glowing pants when he channels, but he also has very different channel-segmenting anyway, even before the PBR update.

Yup