The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta Doing Damage To Self Is Not Good.

SunsupGunsup

Can we at least get the option to have the old zoom/altfire on the same button so we dont have to be pressing more buttons that will likely cause this self damage in more occasions?

I would like this +1

In the mean time, due to limited button options on PS4...I had to make playstyle changes.

I set reload as Alt-fire and used the setting to have Context Use include Reload. (I used to have reload and context-use as separated Buttons)

Uhhh, I just told you why. Its a video game. Enemies dont play by the same rules as you do.  While I agree, it would be nice if enemies could blow themselves up and each other, do you have any idea how broken and severely less challenging fighting bombards would be? have you SEEN their fire rate?

While true and being a fair point it's inconsistent for no reason other then the devs think its cool for us to blow up but fair enough. 

Moving to Weapons Feedback. This will not be changing anytime soon, it's by design.

By the way about "it's by design" thing. What about secondary launchers( that use sniper ammo) nerfing main gun ammo pool that use same ammo is too by design?

Why tonkor with its crit dmg don't do self-damage and ogris and penta is suicidal to use?  

Friendly fire probably wasn't the best term on my part but I get what you're saying. But overall, it is decided by the devs for what is best for the games purpose. In this case, no enemy self damage so that people actually have to kill them.

I think it's also the easy way to avoid heavy enemies blowing their own troops whenever they open fire or hit the ground to knock down a Tenno. Enemy AI is already messy enough like that without adding even more problem to think about for the devs.

More on-topic to be a bit elitist I'd say leave the self-inflicted damage as they are, I'm perfectly fine with it (and with the Tonkor dealing very low self-damage). I've only ever killed myself with the Penta etc when a fellow Tenno decided to show up in front of me by surprise at the exact same moment I was firing. A bit frustrating but noting I can't deal with once in a while ^^. If I was to be nice I'd say make the self-inflicted damage proportional to the base damage of the weapon so that you should still handle it carefully but no longer kill yourself right away with an unfortunate shot, that would make these weapons more beginner friendly without changing to much the original design. But I'm not nice.

Edited by Neofaucheur

Self damage from explosives probably should get looked at again and get scaled down to Tonkor-like levels for all of those weapons.  It feels like an artifact from the paid-revives paradigm that's gone/about to go away.  You can't make a coherent 'realism' argument for it while justifying the the absence of friendly fire from explosions at the same time, anyhow.

3 elements tonkor (gas, blast, magnet) + vital sense + hammer shot +point strike=more than 70k cirt hit and it is keep doing cirt for ever I use tonkor and mag because it is awesome I kill a lot of VIP enemies with 1 shot sometimes  don't forget multi shot tho would be great , scura penta or penta shooting from long range you will be safe

(NOTE: please do not be rude or type something bad , thanks :) )

Edited by HADES.JS

Let's all leave the Tonkor alone, because it's simply just fun to use. It has a good balance in missing everything you're trying to hit regardless of skill with that lucky hit that rag dolls everything.

I used to use the Penta exclusively and I still would. It's not the Tonkor that killed the Penta. It's this stupid inability to turn off the alt-fire mechanic. I would be using my Penta as a stealth weapon in Spy missions right now if I could get my trigger action back over zooming in ADS. Now I have to hit one of the dpads to trigger the explosive. This slows me down to shoot, wait, push d-pad instead of simply hitting trigger right when it's in the face of a bombard.

I have to say... if explosive weapons gave very little dmg to yourself... then all the other primaries and secondaries would be dominated by the explosives.

Also it would make things way too easy

Not really; the explosives don't dominate among the people who can use them mostly safely as is.  The low fire rates and ammo pools do more than enough to keep them as mostly gimmick/change-of-pace weapons.

Self-damage, or more precisely self-one-shotting, doesn't really add anything to the game.  After the amusement value the first couple of times it happens, all it does is either force squadmates to waste time reviving you or create bad-blood in-squad when they don't.  And they provide one of the few ways for players to deliberately get one another killed in a mission (by jumping in front of the explosives-user.

(Which reminds me: it's also time to drastically reduce the damage done to players by void defense lasers.  If the game shouldn't have friendly fire, it shouldn't have friendly fire, period.)

The ridiculous self damage on Penta and Ogris is unreasonable, un-fun, and just plain moronic.

The only reason why it never gets removed is sham arguments that "if you remove the self-damage it will be overpowered".

Well, there's a simple solution.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare features similar projectiles that only explode a minimum distance away from their launchers. Considering simple safeguards like that already exist in the modern era, there's no reason why the Penta and Ogris shouldn't have something similar.

At the very least make an uncommon-tier "Safe Launch" upgrade card so players can exchange a small amount of damage for a huge amount of safety. With the upgrade:

-Ogris rockets no longer explode within range of their launcher, however they still do impact damage.

-Penta projectiles only explode if they are out of range of their launcher.

------------------

In practice, nothing's ever going to be done about this problem because there are too many misery-mongers who enjoy "watching noobs being salty on the forums because they're bad at the game."

Suggestion: Use a Sonicor instead. Those have no self-damage and have a good chance of sending enemies flying.

I've just ascended to Tonkor master race until the Penta gets looked at again, and if it doesn't I'll just enjoy doing the same amount of damage while blowing myself up into the sky ceiling. All I will say about this Penta/Tonkor issue is that the Penta is outdated and the Tonkor makes it so, low ammo clip doesn't matter if you do split shot and it lets you annihilate mobs with very little risk and the same reward that exists with a Penta, just not the same mind infuriating self inflicted mechanic.