Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback Megathread: Saryn Revisited.

[DE]Rebecca

Saryn Revisited

With this update comes a lot of exciting changes to Saryn’s abilities, giving her more synergy between each power and putting more emphasis on her ability to debuff enemies with Viral and Toxin procs.  As always we will continue to monitor Saryn after the launch of this rework.

Please post your feedback in our megathread here:

• Spore Revisions
    • Saryn’s Venom Ability has been renamed to Spore.
    • Guaranteed Viral proc on explosion of spores.
    • If current host has a toxin Proc (i.e from Contagion or any other source), it will transfer that proc too.
    • Damage ticks will be done every second, duration will affect how long the debuff is up.
    • Increase base damage of the ability.
  • Molt Revisions
    • Spore can be cast on Molt, infects units which attack Molt.
    • Miasma cast in range of Molt will feed into Molt, creating more damage on explosion.
    • All Spores on Molt Clones will detonate and spread on the clone’s death.
  • Toxic Lash Revisions
    • Saryn’s Contagion Ability has been renamed to Toxic Lash.
    • Slightly increased the damage and duration of Toxic Lash.
    • Guaranteed Toxin proc on melee hit.
    • Detonates a Venom spore if the target has one.
    • Damage output scales based on a percent of total damage of melee weapon with Mods, not base.
    • While Toxic Lash is active, there is a bonus damage reduction while blocking. This damage reduction is capped at 90%.
  • Miasma Revisions
    • Damage ticks will be done every second, Duration will affect how long the debuff is up.
    • 100% more damage if target is affected by a Viral proc (Venom guarantees a Viral proc when exploded).
    • 100% more damage if target is affected by a Toxin proc (Contagion guarantees a Toxin proc on impact).
    • Enemies hit by Miasma when under the effects of Miasma will have the duration timer reset.
    • Increase base damage overall.
  • General Revisions
    • Saryn now has a passive 25% increased Status effect duration.
    • Updated some visual FX on Saryn’s abilities.
    • Saryn can now cast Spore and Toxic Lash while moving.
    • Saryn’s base Armor is now 175.
    • Saryn’s base Health is now 125.
    • Saryn’s maximum Energy is now 150.

Next Steps:

The first round of tweaks are coming to Saryn in the next hotfix pending testing. 

1) Instead of just disappearing on enemy death, Saryn’s Spores will now detonate at a reduced spread distance if the target dies. You may have found yourself in the scenario where you Spore'd an enemy, didn't pop the spores, killed said enemy, only to see his Spores die with him instead of infecting nearby enemies.

2) Toxic Lash can now proc multiple times.

As always - things are subject to change. Keep an eye out for 17.10.1 in which the first round of tweaks will appear.

Edited by DERebecca

Can't wait to test her!

Will edit this later.

Edit (too late): I simply love it how it's now. Not much to say tbh :/ I don't think she needs more tweaks now.

I just wanted to have a new tank as the new saryn but oh well... 

Edited by DJNeonNight

More synergy in her power set, more mobility in it too plus unexpected buffs to make her even more tanky. This rework is significant, cant wait till i eventually get to check them out for myself (if they impress then Saryn Prime access will get a significant appeal boost from me)

• General Revisions
    • Saryn’s base Armor is now 175.
    • Saryn’s base Health is now 125.
    • Saryn’s maximum Energy is now 150.

mmmmm is that enough energy i feel like saryn is going to need more energy than any other frame now im ok with that of course but i feel like she is going to need A LOT of energy

Edited by Prideswrath

Personally i really enjoyed the idea of a HP tank. With no armor and only a really high HP cap and Regen keeping you alive.

I havent personally tested it yet so this is more of a initial reaction but I'd appreciate have the hp nerf replaced with something else.

That or add a corrupted mod that increases Health with a loss of armor

Still not a fan, sorry. I never used her as a push 4 to win, but now every ability is just about buffing Miasma. Not only that, but her weapons need to be built around it too! I don't want to be forced into using the Torrid or Embolist, sorry. Saryn, with the gear I've always loved using with her, is now just sitting on my shelf, collecting dust. Synergy is fine (i.e. Spore comboing with Molt, that rocks!), but the rest just feels like forced time/energy wasting - and it even extends to weapon choice.

This is not the frame I loved, sorry DE.

Still not a fan, sorry. I never used her as a push 4 to win, but now every ability is just about buffing Miasma. Not only that, but her weapons need to be built around it too! I don't want to be forced into using the Torrid or Embolist, sorry. Saryn, with the gear I've always loved using with her, is now just sitting on my shelf, collecting dust. Synergy is fine (i.e. Spore comboing with Molt, that rocks!), but the rest just feels like forced time/energy wasting - and it even extends to weapon choice.

This is not the frame I loved, sorry DE.

cant wait to play her 

Apparently negative duration now causes Saryn's DoTs to deal the same total damage in a shorter amount of time.

YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!

If this is indeed true, I would suggest making all of Saryn's DoTs have a fixed ticks per second rate that cannot be changed, and duration causes the DoTs to stay active for longer, increasing the total number of ticks.

Aside from that not-so-minor problem, at first glance, I'd say these changes seem overwhelmingly positive. I look forward to using Saryn for the role she was always destined for: the DoT queen.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

She has less EHP now, Why exactly did you see it necessary to nerf her health for a paltry 20 armor? Also patch notes talk about a Syandana but there isn't one. Also please consider making the Saryn Dual Zoren Skin Applicable to any Dual sword. As of now it's a pretty hard sell for me to spend plat on a Dual Zoren only skin of all things.

She has less EHP now, Why exactly did you see it necessary to nerf her health for a paltry 20 armor? Also patch notes talk about a Syandana but there isn't one.

Sugatra, Sugatra, Sugatra. But you don't seem to be able to purchase it separately.

reducing her health for 20 effing armor? are you kidding me?

her new skillset is way to gimmicky, energy consuming and time intensive and you thought it was necessary to reduce her health for 20 god damn armor.

in the time it takes me to cast Spore, cast Toxic Lash and then cast misasma I am nearly dead, have no energy left and my team ills the enemys faster than me mit a GODMAN SONICOR

DE, you specifically stated her health was getting a boost, as in a + to HP, why am I seeing a negative toward her health instead, is this a mistake?

Also, Molt's augment mod gave the player a boost to health the shorter the duration, can we expect a positive change to the augment mod since it was better having a - duration to get health back more quickly?

NOTE:  I'm not seeing how casting more skills that consume more energy to buff miasma is helpful, it's a power drain and one shouldn't have to hit multiple skills (a pseudo combo) in order to buff Miasma, it should just be a one click hit skill.  If you're insistent on continuing down this path she will need a boost toward even more power regen/max than what is currently adequate I think.

Edited by Erelas

DE, you specifically stated her health was getting a boost, as in a + to HP, why am I seeing a negative toward her health instead, is this a mistake?

Also, Molt's augment mod gave the player a boost to health the shorter the duration, can we expect a positive change to the augment mod since it was better having a - duration to get health back more quickly?

NOTE:  I'm not seeing how casting more skills that consume more energy to buff miasma is helpful, it's a power drain and one shouldn't have to hit multiple skills (a pseudo combo) in order to buff Miasma, it should just be a one click hit skill.  If you're insistent on continuing down this path she will need a boost toward even more power regen/max than what is currently adequate I think.

I don't think you actually need to use powers to get the bonus, weapons work too, also, it's a 100% per status, which means that if you cast Spores, spread the effect and then use Miasma, you get twice the effect not for 200 energy but for 125 energy. If you get Toxic and Viral, it's +200% damage, which won't make 300 energy but 175 energy, but yeah, it requires effort to reach those results (I did test it and it does increase the damage per tick a lot). Edit: Molt Toxic only works at really close range, so for Toxic a status gun is better to proc that at a distance.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

Health was nerfed by quite a bit considering she's supposed to be a tank, and why was dual zoren made a skin of when it already got so many? Wouldn't it have made sense if it was the dual ichor or the dual kamas instead?

So far the update that was supposed to boost her abilities just seem like a nerf so far.

Nerfed into the ground LOL. Miasma with max power strength and duration does less damage collectively, even with VIral+Toxic procs up, than it did before with the typical max range - tf - intensify build. Like, ~50%.

Not too mention health nerfed despite being specifically told otherwise just beforehand.

RIP Saryn indeed.

Edited by Racter0325