Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.10.0

DE_Adam

I love the Saryn changes.  I love it all!  Admittedly the dark part of me is gleeful whenever a Press X to Win system is thrown into the garbage and the ab'users' of that system start to bellyache over how terrible the new changes are.  It's satisfying on several levels but for the sake of my own self interest I try my best to encourage people to try her out with the new changes.

Then I find out that the players that are complaining forma'd her x number of times for Press 4 to win Saryn.

And the laughter happens again.  Though in all seriousness I would say that everything is a nice adjustment, having some kind of stagger or something to give you an opportunity to better target the spores could be helpful as the fast cast of spores, movement and enemies not even noticing it makes it even more of a challenge.

But I've always loved spore, and like the challenge.  Keep up the great work DE!

I'm loving the skins AND the Saryn revisit. There's too many butthurt press 4 to win players that actually have to try to win now, it's quite funny seeing them cry about it. Thanks for the update DE!<33

Edited by Peppae

RIP Saryn, why? cause you guy don't like to see players win. that why i tell p[layer don't buy PL

I love the Saryn changes.  I love it all!  Admittedly the dark part of me is gleeful whenever a Press X to Win system is thrown into the garbage and the ab'users' of that system start to bellyache over how terrible the new changes are.  It's satisfying on several levels but for the sake of my own self interest I try my best to encourage people to try her out with the new changes.

Then I find out that the players that are complaining forma'd her x number of times for Press 4 to win Saryn.

And the laughter happens again.  Though in all seriousness I would say that everything is a nice adjustment, having some kind of stagger or something to give you an opportunity to better target the spores could be helpful as the fast cast of spores, movement and enemies not even noticing it makes it even more of a challenge.

But I've always loved spore, and like the challenge.  Keep up the great work DE!

Love the Saryn revision. Yes, power creeping noobs will be raging. But us normal people, with more than one brain cell,  will have tons of fun with her! Because we realize how much more interesting, powerful and versatile, she has become.

Thanks DE :)

Ahhh, the Saryn changes are magnificent. I was hoping for base damage redux while toxic lash was active, but a stronger damage redux while she blocks is pretty nifty (and most likely better in high-level play) anyways!

My only bother is the HP nerf ;w; Even with the armor increase, she gets less overall health, and being a tanky outlasting poison master was my favorite part about Saryn. I mean, sure I don't think she's "squishy" now per se, but I think the HP nerf is unwarranted and should be put back at 150.

But ehhh, I suppose Saryn Prime will have the 150 back, most likely :P Here I was hoping she may be the first Warframe to have more than 150 HP when primed haha.

Anyways, besides that part, amazing rework, the P4TW can whine all they want, they made Saryn a lot more interesting to play.

new skins are ok, the fact that they messed with Miasma is not.

the first 3 skills on saryn are useless so change them to make them useful but miasma (The only skill anyone uses on saryn) needed to be left alone. they wanted to fix the frame so more people will play her but what they have done is made the frame less likely to be used

Ahhh, the Saryn changes are magnificent. I was hoping for base damage redux while toxic lash was active, but a stronger damage redux while she blocks is pretty nifty (and most likely better in high-level play) anyways!

My only bother is the HP nerf ;w; Even with the armor increase, she gets less overall health, and being a tanky outlasting poison master was my favorite part about Saryn. I mean, sure I don't think she's "squishy" now per se, but I think the HP nerf is unwarranted and should be put back at 150.

But ehhh, I suppose Saryn Prime will have the 150 back, most likely :P Here I was hoping she may be the first Warframe to have more than 150 HP when primed haha.

Anyways, besides that part, amazing rework, the P4TW can whine all they want, they made Saryn a lot more interesting to play.

I wish I could be deluded enough to think that pushing more buttons to accomplish the same result without any other benefits was somehow more interesting.

Making all of Saryn's abilities good would have made saryn more interesting to play.  Making Venom worse and making miasma only work when you use some other abilities and melee attacks first just makes it more tedious.  The difference between pre-17.10 and post-17.10 saryn is that now my venom saryn is slightly less good and none of her other abilities are very good at all.

Just played her in T4, she is overall faster/smoother feeling (uninterrupting attacks, great!) but her theme now is just funky, a close range caster tank. The reworked skills is nice on paper but very impractical in game, just doesn't feel like anything new was added but Miasma was definitely nerfed, even without the negative duration. Honestly, they should have just wiped the table clean and started from scratch or at least added the functions WITHOUT hurting the nuke build so we can have diversity (Long duration for more scaling, more versatility OR negative duration for early/mid game nuke).

I have the theory that the people making some of the balance/ game design choices haven't even played the game deeper than a 1vs1 simulacrum test. The fact that most of the people praising the game haven't even reached the "Novice" rank tells a lot about this actually.

Edited by PersonalYisus

After testing for a few hours I've come to the conclusion that this rework is trash, why would you want us to use a full rotation on one group of enemies and then run out of energy? so we can die a few seconds later when the next group of enemies run into the room?

She has a huge efficiency problem, either lower the cost of things by far or remove the cost of some abilities, or Saryn will be in the dumpster forever.

She is now Ember tier, now requiring us to run Flow(because her powers cost way too much & she can't get energy from void orbs) along with strength/duration/efficiency/range, like why can't you guys learn from your mistakes? jesus this is a big let down

Edited by rewt