DE_Adam

Update 17.10.0

Little question why DE killed/nerfed Saryn, for me Saryn is now only worth for cooking and cleaning the kitchen (sry to the playing girls :-) ) ^^. Sure Miasma is still good if i want to play on Merkur... I think it is still not the last Frame the will be nerferd cause he/it makes fun and i also do not understand why the start to put in every Frame +Duration... in this case duration Mods are needed and less strenght Mods can equipt = no more long time playing = LESS  fun = players will go.

Sorry i if make some people mad but i am so angry about that change.... and still not the only one... maybe DE should ask next time in an poll the community... 

BTW

Dear DE : Pls give me the Forma and the Plat that i spend in Saryn back.

Thanks for the skin BUT the Saryn rework is a major nerf and we would have been better off without.

Miasma actually does lower damage now, so you're not very good as a damage dealer.

Saryn's health is lower now so the build diversity of building her as a tank is gone.

Miasma also no longer deals damage through walls. I even noticed that enemies hiding behind a crate or slim pillars were also not affected by it.

My only positive point on the Saryn rework is that I like the concept of applying Spore to Molt then spreading Spore when molt is destroyed.

Overall it requires too much time to use the combos in a group mission because the target would have already been killed so its better to just use your gun instead of her abilities.
Not to mention the high amounts of energy you just wasted trying to use the combo in vain.

I Actually like Saryns rework. However, it doesn't flow with game play when you're with other people. Which is what Warframe is all about. Her abilities synergize very well and makes game play more rewarding but when your teammates just fly through and kill everything it makes her feel weak and like you just spent all your energy setting up your chain for nothing. Its frustrating to say the least. 

If i were to tweak her this is how I would do it and i think it would solve everyone's problems honestly. First, I would make Toxic Lash have a little bit of range to it instead of melee. It works on low tier content fine as it is but when you're lvl 70+ the risk vs reward is too steep getting close to those heavy mobs. Either that or make miasma have a guarantee to pop them spores as well. 

Secondly, and this is the most important change that i think would make everyone happy, increase the damage of...SPORES! Yes, spores, not miasma. Here is why. People are upset because miasma cant nuke low to mid lvl content anymore. Which i am happy about personally, but low to mid lvl content is steamrolled by anyone with a decent weapon or ability already anyway. None of her abilities hit hard enough currently. In 100+ content spore will shine in its current state for the viral proc and that's fantastic. But up until that tier spore is just annoying because it doesn't kill anything and requires you to shoot everything you worked to get your spores spread to anyway. So, to fix this, just increase the damage tics of spore to help clear lower lvl stuff, and then when content ramps up harder the damage wont make much of a difference but the proc will do its job and then the rest of the kit makes sense to spread and then use miasma on those 100+ mobs. 

I love Saryn and i think these simple changes would make everyone happy with her imo.

There have been so many nerfs that soon no remaining players who play for pleasure, people will start playing until mastery 4 or 5 and will migrate to another game because the OF are destroying the warframes ...

I'll leave a tip here, before launching rework try to launch rework the simulacrum and open vote, because there will not need to go over your ego to go back as it was before

just look at how many pages of comments have been opened since the launch of rework, the vast and overwhelming majority hated the "rework" (NERF)

Not to mention the Greek gift you gave, or you think you throw a beautiful skin would mitigate the damage they did to Saryn?!

To all those people saying you are devoid any skill as a player if you don't like the Saryn rework: Really? Several people who have complained about this are MR 19 and MR 20, we own every frame and prime in the game, we've played for years, done the raids. What is this metric of competency? And more importantly, if you are playing a GAME and the game is less fun, I would think that is more important than people's superficial perception of your "skill".

Why add an awesome new skin to a character and nerf them to oblivion. no longer high damage, less health, expensive energy cost to deal any damage; just completely destroyed one of my favorite frames. Please buff Saryn this was more disappointing than most of the prior character nerfs.

Love the rework, I actually don't get bored pressing 4 at every pair of enemies now, really enjoying Saryn now.

And to those saying RIP Saryn, nonono..... More like RIP 4 spammers...

Edited by Predation

Do you really ask? For me it is more than clear that they have no interest in our opinion...

Ember's in a good place, remember?

To all those people saying you are devoid any skill as a player if you don't like the Saryn rework: Really? Several people who have complained about this are MR 19 and MR 20, we own every frame and prime in the game, we've played for years, done the raids. What is this metric of competency? And more importantly, if you are playing a GAME and the game is less fun, I would think that is more important than people's superficial perception of your "skill".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

This is pretty much applicable to everyone who thinks that saryn 'takes more skill' because of a miasma nerf.

Edited by RHuckebein

Saryn's not dead.

She might need a small buff here and there (EHP, Spores and as I saw in another post, make Toxic Lash ranged a bit), but setting up the chain takes a long time, and by the time you set it up, people kill everything and you wasted lots of energy for nothing.

Love the skin, though, make some heels on it please.

Saryn's not dead.

She might need a small buff here and there (EHP, Spores and as I saw in another post, make Toxic Lash ranged a bit), but setting up the chain takes a long time, and by the time you set it up, people kill everything and you wasted lots of energy for nothing.

Love the skin, though, make some heels on it please.

No the ridiculous ponyplay boots are the only thing I'm happy with don't change them please

I mean i think in her current form she could be good if she just had some things buffed? I was surprised how just making WoF made Ember so much better. I think DE can do it I think they can make Saryn the frame she was always meant to be.

Love the rework, I actually don't get bored pressing 4 at every pair of enemies now, really enjoying Saryn now.

And to those saying RIP Saryn, nonono..... More like RIP 4 spammers...

You're saying as the conqueror of Mercury. In fact, Saryna is now weak in all the aspects.

So her 4 is nerfed, so you need to use her other skills in sequence, but setting up a combo of all her synergized abilities is effectively weaker than virtually all other warframes.

This is somehow the result of a lack of ability in the Saryn player and they need to git gud.

Do you really ask? For me it is more than clear that they have no interest in our opinion...

I believe that not even! when they realize that they depend on to survive players will be too late!

Let's be honest here for a moment: the only way they'll touch saryn again is if there's a glitch that actually makes her usable again. They are too stubborn to admit they might be wrong not going to rework her again anytime soon, sadly. I really wanted to buy that skin, too, but I'm not going to dress up a turd.

So her 4 is nerfed, so you need to use her other skills in sequence, but setting up a combo of all her synergized abilities is effectively weaker than virtually all other warframes.

This is somehow the result of a lack of ability in the Saryn player and they need to git gud.

Saryn wasn't good after lvl 40.

How do you call it, when four skills combined have less impact than old Miasma?

DE calls it rework ..... I call it stupid.

Toxic lash should be a toggled energy draining ability, like Valkyr's Hysteria or Excalibur's Exalted blade.  

God no.

Another update, still no fix for the Despair holster. -________-

I feel your pain tenno. I'm sure I posted that on feedback more than a year ago, so... yeah. I'm not using it anymore, partly because ugly and partly because synd weps are often better.