Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.10.0

DE_Adam

So, lowered the health, lowered the damage, made it harder to mod for abilities, abilites themselves are weaker and less effective, and slapped on a nice new skin for a limited time.  Nice, you just covered your nerf in glittery gold dust.

its too early to talk like that, look at atlas, at first he was S#&$ couldn't even use skill in t3-t4 , then they buffed the skill and all the atlas owners becomes happy. just give it time it will come.

Just played her in T4, she is overall faster/smoother feeling (uninterrupting attacks, great!) but her theme now is just funky, a close range caster tank. The reworked skills is nice on paper but very impractical in game, just doesn't feel like anything new was added but Miasma was definitely nerfed, even without the negative duration. Honestly, they should have just wiped the table clean and started from scratch or at least added the functions WITHOUT hurting the nuke build so we can have diversity (Long duration for more scaling, more versatility OR negative duration for early/mid game nuke).

Why keep Toxic Lash as a melee skill after reducing her eHP? Frames that use melee generally need a large damage reduction to be viable but Saryn doesn't have any skills that reduce the damage she takes unless you count the damage reduction while blocking.  The buff to damage resistance while blocking is useless unless we can now block bullets coming from all directions.

Other than that, the rework looks pretty good.

Interesting to see DE nerfing things that players haven't asked for.

Kinda like half the things they change to make "better."

By the way, Mags Pull doesn't pull enemies from behind corners/cover, like advertised on its change. I understand the "no pull through closed doors", but if there's a direct path to the enemy or loot it should be able to affect it

So to just even keep up now Saryn has to use like, four abilities in a row? But Equinox and whatever can just stroll around with their 4s?

Like, Warframe was never a technical enough of a game that doing ability combos as a necessity was ever a thing. Everyone talking about it requiring more skill, Warframe's never been a DMC-like game where you only really succeed if you string together things. Now Saryn requires several abilities in a row, used at just the right time, just to be competive with frames like Mesa and Equinox?

This isn't consistant design philosophy. No other frame requires close synergistic use of abilities to do well.

Besides, Warframe's speed is so fast that by the time it takes for you to set up all these abilities, other players have just shot everything or blown it up. I don't get what you're going for.

You could have just made her other abilities better without making them dependent on one another, making the decision between tanking one stat in favor of another a meaningful choice instead of the "you need everything at 130%+" she is now.

Edited by AutumnBramble

Yeah i feel like having a drink and playing another most loved frame or game which ever . H
Honestly DE .i love what you are doing in most areas but come on i put alot of effort and time into her . what wer you thinking? did you do the testing on earth of something? lol try test towers 3-4 next time or nerf those bombards and max P Flow and P Continuity isnt covering with decent eff either.I have 6 forma on my build and yes i understand the new build and it isnt enough damage at all ... Thanks -.- 

I now know why my Senpai Left the game ages ago when i was MR8 im now MR19 and he was MR18 with 100+ days (ingame) . see what you are doing. you arent making tenno . you are destroying them ..slowly

Just played her in T4, she is overall faster/smoother feeling (uninterrupting attacks, great!) but her theme now is just funky, a close range caster tank. The reworked skills is nice on paper but very impractical in game, just doesn't feel like anything new was added but Miasma was definitely nerfed, even without the negative duration. Honestly, they should have just wiped the table clean and started from scratch or at least added the functions WITHOUT hurting the nuke build so we can have diversity (Long duration for more scaling, more versatility OR negative duration for early/mid game nuke).

Maybe the nuke an be a smaller range but the old damage, same energy cost as whatever was cheapest. I wish we could use powers as often as we could in ME3 multiplayer. Now and then and mostly using guns/melee sort of takes away the specialty of using a specific frame to begin with.

So to just even keep up now Saryn has to use like, four abilities in a row? But Equinox and whatever can just stroll around with their 4s?

Like, Warframe was never a technical enough of a game that doing ability combos as a necessity was ever a thing. Everyone talking about it requiring more skill, Warframe's never been a DMC-like game where you only really succeed if you string together things. Now Saryn requires several abilities in a row, used at just the right time, just to be competive with frames like Mesa and Equinox?

This isn't consistant design philosophy. No other frame requires close synergistic use of abilities to do well.

Besides, Warframe's speed is so fast that by the time it takes for you to set up all these abilities, other players have just shot everything or blown it up. I don't get what you're going for.

You could have just made her other abilities better without making them dependent on one another, making the decision between tanking one stat in favor of another a meaningful choice instead of the "you need everything at 130%+" she is now.

This is well said. What the devs are doing is very confusing and usually makes no sense. Be it abilities or visual designs.

Yeah i feel like having a drink and playing another most loved frame or game which ever . H
Honestly DE .i love what you are doing in most areas but come on i put alot of effort and time into her . what wer you thinking? did you do the testing on earth of something? lol try test towers 3-4 next time or nerf those bombards and max P Flow and P Continuity isnt covering with decent eff either.I have 6 forma on my build and yes i understand the new build and it isnt enough damage at all ... Thanks -.- 

I now know why my Senpai Left the game ages ago when i was MR8 im now MR19 and he was MR18 with 100+ days (ingame) . see what you are doing. you arent making tenno . you are destroying them ..slowly

I'm so disappointed. Though I did not main her, I empathize with those that do. All hope is lost, DE is slowly, but surely, destroying all of the frames that make the grinding in this game easier. That is all this game is, grinding. I think I may finally be released from this purgatory. Perhaps I will find another, better, game to satisfy the hole within that I've had for years. I'm just so.. tired; video games just don't interest me as much as they used too. This was one of the last few games that I enjoyed, but based on the DE's history of "reworking" frames (and their relatively lackluster content updates), the frames I hold dear will soon meet their demise at the hands of this wrathful creator. 

Edited by ZaeXithos

Modding Saryn to be effective is excessively difficult now since efficiency is basically a necessity for her. I found myself spending way more energy just casting the skills over and over just to be effective in a party. I feel like I'm playing Trinity as far as upkeeping the skills. I am quite disappointed in this rework for her since she was my favorite frame. And no, I didn't heavily rely on her Miasma skill. I actually enjoyed running Contagion with the Contagion Cloud augment and building for duration.

Don't get me wrong, though. I enjoy playing this casting style but efficiency and duration is kind of important with her now. As many of us know, these 2 qualities counter-act each other when modding (Fleeting Expertise). Trying to remedy duration will make her abilities either weaker or give them less range. I was really hoping Toxic Lash (or whatever Contagion is now called) would be a toggle ability. In my eyes that would have made plenty of sense.

Regardless, I am in hopes that they will make the proper adjustments to Saryn since as of now she's too awkward to play in game (cast Lash, Molt, aim for Molt to cast Spore, then lastly Miasma - all without getting rekted by a Ballista or Scorch on Draco).

( I never even used saryn before or made her) but I am confused  by the fact people think saryn using number 4 is a bad thing when that is her only useful power in her entire kit? I mean how much more useful was her old kit without her number 4 exactly? And if anyone could explain with some maturity it would be appreciated, but otherwise It's likes saying, "WOW you are using a power that isn't S#&$ and contributes to the overall effort of your teams mission completion? Stop doing that and use your 1s 2s and 3s which are obviously not useless compared to what the other frames have to offer in their array of useful abilites." just kind doesn't sound right to me. The skin kind of adds insult to injury with the whole dilema, I would have suggested selling the skin first before doing her rework if you wanted the most amount of profit.

Edited by Stalc

"Fixed the Quick Thinking Mod not properly taking damage reduction into account before removing energy from a Client."

YEAHHHHH!!!!!! YOU GUYS THINK LIMBO IS A BAD FRAME???? WATCH WHAT I CAN DO NOW!!!!!!!

YOU'LL ALL SEE!!!!!!!

P.S. Keep smashing bugs DE.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

I'm fine with Saryn's rework, even it that means additional steps before giving her back the nuke potential by prepping them with procs first (Molt>Spore>Miasma or Spore>Lash>Miasma). At least it makes considering builds to maximize Molt or Toxic Lash (or better, both) viable XD

I would like to report, though, that casting Spores on a Molt with an Overextended mod and letting the molt detonate on its own makes the viral spread WORSE XD Theoretically, it should increase the spread of the spores for a Miasma finish...