Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exo-Calibur Skin V2

novabjorn

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to make a post here for my Excalibur skin. It's a tenno-styled chitinous carapace. I just updated the skin with better tinting and texture tweaks to bring it in line with feedback I had received and my original vision for the skin.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=547307518

Cheers,

Novabjorn

Edited by novabjorn

Yeah, there are a lot of similarities with the Guyver suit. Also with the Mass Effect collectors. It's funny, neither were intentional. It seems that the image of a 'human' exo-skeleton tends to veer in the same direction, perhaps through the subconscious collection of seeing other attempts or just a mishmash of following anatomy and armor designs.

No, it really doesn't look anything like the Crysis Nanosuit...

Well, you replace the texture with a mix of muscle design and metal, and it would. The general shape is what makes me think of it.

Love it though. I'm not talking about the helmet though. Helmet definitely doesn't remind me of the nanosuit. xD

Well, you replace the texture with a mix of muscle design and metal, and it would. The general shape is what makes me think of it.

Love it though. I'm not talking about the helmet though. Helmet definitely doesn't remind me of the nanosuit. xD

So, the shape of Excalibur? I mean, I could see how it might remind you of it in the Zbrush screen, based on the colors, but other than that? Now, a Nanosuit-esque skin would be really cool, though....

Honest to the danglers, very nice texture job, but the helmet looks too skull-esque, and the body too much like an insect... I get the exoskeleton...but I suppose the best way I can describe it is that it looks too relatable..like it's something I've seen before in another game or movie.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was going for, but still maintaining the tenno shapes and overall style. I didn't realize that being different was bad as I expected that with so many Excal skins something different would be exciting and sell more.

I'm working on some adjustments to reduce the overall busyness of the shapes and soften them to look more like the other frames.  Not sure how much i'll adjust the helmet as I feel those are the best shapes and really define the skin. Hard to tell what to do since there was no feedback from the Devs.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was going for, but still maintaining the tenno shapes and overall style. I didn't realize that being different was bad as I expected that with so many Excal skins something different would be exciting and sell more.

I'm working on some adjustments to reduce the overall busyness of the shapes and soften them to look more like the other frames.  Not sure how much i'll adjust the helmet as I feel those are the best shapes and really define the skin. Hard to tell what to do since there was no feedback from the Devs.

Different is fine! Just that Warframe has a distinct style that everything is very flowy and metal meshing with organics, were hard stops are very elegantly done (Prime frames), this borders on Grineer style.

The theme is fine, but in my opinion, the execution could use some more melding... :)