The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

17.10 Is Good

Lord_Noctus

through the movement change im personally even taking other frames into my loadouts. at over 0.90 mobility u can be rly fast if u know how to move. instead of having my loadouts filled with ash p now i have some variety. if anybody complains about this and brags hes experienced and good player u should be able to adapt to the current pvp with just using a lower ehp frame. with the current movement u have easier time using snipers against these thanky frames that can eat 3 vectis shots.

PvP is cool, and enough-balanced for me, compared to other videogames at least. The only thing that annoys me is one-hit kill weapons, since now not even dodging will save you from being killed, at least not if you're using a squishy frame :c

Guess the warframe community that hates pvp is because they're accostumed to being op.

Edited by Lokime

17.10 is bad, slower overall movement (unless you play Loki which I hate), and required mods you can only get through RNG.

You actually buy the mobility mods from tenshin, pretty sure they are first on the list. 

None of the new mods are "required" but they do seem to address each weapons respective "weakness".

I just see a lot of people complaining over very little and failing to adjust.

through the movement change im personally even taking other frames into my loadouts. at over 0.90 mobility u can be rly fast if u know how to move. instead of having my loadouts filled with ash p now i have some variety. if anybody complains about this and brags hes experienced and good player u should be able to adapt to the current pvp with just using a lower ehp frame. with the current movement u have easier time using snipers against these thanky frames that can eat 3 vectis shots.

.9 mobility is with full mobility mods on a tank (frost prime can't even get to .9 btw).  No one is saying that movement is bad with an extra 30% mobility over base mobility.  The problem is if you can't actually play as a tank now since tanks have to put on mobility mods to stay viable.

tanks dont need the mobility mods to be viable im still using ash p with extra health

Yep.  Just ran a match using Atlas, Vital Sys Bypass, and the extra health -mobility mod.  Didn't have as much trouble moving around.  Maglev did give a bit more time to be able to use the slide-doublejump so I didn't immediately bullet jump, but I'll get used to it.

1.0 -> 2.0 was, at its core, aimed at making pvp more accessible. Of course they're going to cut insane movement mechanics and finger acrobatics. They want you to be able to jump from pve-ing into pvp-ing and be average, as long as you've played the game for a bit.

Also something to keep in mind is that 2.0 is basically a beta test for new rail conflicts. Which will be played by people who are - for the most part - into pve.

Point being, if you're expecting insanely competitive pvp environment from warframe, you might want to look for some dedicated competitive game on the side.

Edited by onemoonlight

tanks dont need the mobility mods to be viable im still using ash p with extra health

Ash p doesen't have the same low mobility as Rhino or Frost P go play rhino or frost P and see how easy they are to hit. Spectre changed his defuallt warframe which was originally Frost p and I no longer use rhino.

Rhino P: 0.70

Ash P: 0,66

I said regular rhino. Rhino does not have the ehp of ash to get to .9 mobility with out sacrificing to much ehp ash p does have the second highest ehp and has more sprint speed than any tank.

.9 mobility is pretty much default mobility since u can only notice a difference every 2 decimals from base.

Edited by BoyTitan

1.0 -> 2.0 was, at its core, aimed at making pvp more accessible. Of course they're going to cut insane movement mechanics and finger acrobatics. They want you to be able to jump from pve-ing into pvp-ing and be average, as long as you've played the game for a bit.

Also something to keep in mind is that 2.0 is basically a beta test for new rail conflicts. Which will be played by people who are - for the most part - into pve.

Point being, if you're expecting insanely competitive pvp environment from warframe, you might want to look for some dedicated competitive game on the side.

Rails 2.0 are supposed to have a pve option, which they should have kept either way tbh.

The thing that upsets me most is that even when I use +mobility -tank AND hastened Steps, Frost prime still isn't fast meaning I sacrifice my tankiness for nothing. I have no problem running a weak and fast Frost prime, but I can't. Hopefully it will get tweaked so that +mobility mods are actually useful for tanks. 

Its because those mods are multiplicative (%) rather then addictive (+). Multiplicative mods are always better at amplifying strengths rather then covering weaknesses.