Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Lancer Project (cosplay)

NYMKOON

Hello fellow Tenno,

I have started this topic to chronicle my time building a full Grineer Elite Lancer armor suit.

I am using Blender to deconstruct the Lancer and converting the armor parts into Pepakura. I am using various materials such as foam and plastics along with a under armor bodysuit for the main build and hopefully use electronics to make lights sound effects for the armor. I plan on updating this when I finish a set of armor parts. 

Progress so far...

Spoiler

UGfvi2g.jpg

Edited by NYMKOON
update

Hello fellow Tenno,

I have started this topic to chronicle my time building a full Grineer Elite Lancer armor suit.

I am using Blender to deconstruct the Lancer and converting the armor parts into Pepakura. I am using various materials such as foam and plastics along with a under armor bodysuit for the main build and hopefully use electronics to make lights sound effects for the armor. I plan on updating this when I finish a set of armor parts. 

Ooh, another costumer, I'm really interested to see how this project pans out, I've only ever seen maybe one Warframe costume (a Mirage), so I'm excited to see how this pans out!

So I am now starting on the Chest and back of the armor and this might take a while like a couple of days but in the mean time i'll show the test fit of a paper version of the forearm gauntlet. I am testing the scale of the model and I think that I got the scale almost perfect. For the mask I will try a different method of smoothing it out but next time I post i'll hopefully be wearing a chest and back set. After the chest and back i'll do the under shoulder armor and the gauntlets then the cod and thigh. After that i'll move onto the Green over armor parts like the back, shoulder, and the sash. I might also work on a Grakata. 

If anybody wants me to post pictures of my progress thin i'll gladly do so. I just need to focus on this instead of killing more Grineer.

FPLeWm4.jpg

k2ibbzZ.jpg

Klk0dCa.jpg

I am back with some pictures of the under chest and back of the armor... I am still working out how to make it flush and then I will fill all the seams in the foam. The chest and back are to scale to me being 6'2". I am currently working on the left under shoulder then the right. This will get better with sealing of the cracks and paint. 

l4QrHxv.jpg

I will get better pictures soon after I get it fitted.aNbyOdq.jpg

Edited by NYMKOON

Thanks everyone for the complements. I am working on the other forearm and then the thighs and I should be done with the under armor part. The armor is hollow and made from rolls of exercise mat from Sears. In regards to the paint I am planning on just a normal Lancer color of which is green. The colors of the Bombard also entice me but I like the look of the classic green of the Lancer. I might as a side project make a Grineer Trooper helmet. For the weapons I have three choices like what ViroVeteruscy said; one is the Grakata, another is the Hind, and the last is the Ogris. If I do the Bombard colors then I'll do the Ogris but if I had to choose I would prefer to make a Grakata (I just need to figure out how big the gun is). But here are some more pictures for your viewing pleasure. 

Big shoulders

n90uTjw.jpg

My Face looks long in this ☺

qv5aUGB.jpg

Need to make a bigger face plate 

Jow1T1f.jpg

it's certainly coming together. what were you planning on making the cloth sections out of?

The cloth parts might be felt because it is cheap but I might go for some other fabric that I'll find at a Joann's Fabric or a Hobby Lobby... The under suit was going to be something like a morphsuit but I'll see if I can find an old flight suit for the pants and something with a zipper for the front of the jacket under the armor. Currently I am debating on the LED's for the eyes of the facemask of which will either be a single bright LED or a NeoPixel Jewel from Adafruit.