Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Player Made Fomorians

(PSN)Harbinger1997

Player made Fomorians would be used in clan battles, and would add a great deal of new aspects to Warfame: Drydock raids (see below) a use for the Fomorian Disrupters that are still in one's inventory, and a means by which you can feel almighty!

The means by which one could acquire a Fomorian, are two fold: build it by completing Grineer Hijack missions to gain the core, then using Oxium to forge the hull and weaponry. Second, is a raid on Clan Drydocks, where you can attack the Fomorians as they are being constructed, by selecting a Clan from a list, then building its key like an Orokin Derelict or Void key, and similarly using them.

Yet defending a Fomorian before it is complete, is a difficult task indeed, and thus, the Fomorians will spawn Spectres that the players need not pay for (this plays into the objective of the attacker) whose scale, is determined by the amount of Fomorians in the Drydock, meaning that with 1, Vapor, 10, Phase, 100, Force, and 1000, Cosmic, with the amount spawned also raised should more than 1000 be at drydock.

This adds an arcwing aspect to clan battles, and a vast space based battlefield of Fomorian vs Fomorian vs Arcwing vs Rail. Imagine: plowing through space with a fleet large enough to darken the skies, and falling upon the Solar Rail of a rival clan, as bolts of light pepper the air, and the blades of Arcwings slowly carve away at your armor, or Disruptors, render you vulnerable, to their blows. Amid a concussive burst of light and sound, you slam through the opponent rail, and demolish their control.

This, would be an epic battle indeed.

Imagine also, the impact this would have on battle with the J3 Golem, and similar bosses yet to come.

For more information on possible mission types involving Fomorians, please visit

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/557549-warframe-concept-player-made-fomorians/?p=6666305

see: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:840522

More in depth on the Dry Dock assault

1) You must destroy several parts of the enemy core to stop it from deploying specters, then exterminate those that remain, including players on the enemy team. One might even pay a certain amount of Platinum, to hide their Dock from the list, preventing keys from being made, meaning that this will cause a great level of income for DG, as it would increase for each Fomorian in the Dock.

2) The Repair ducts, which must be accessed by the Defenders, and contain 10 panels that must be hacked, to repair the ship, are similar to the air ducts on Uranus; if hacks fail during the twenty second period, the area will be expelled to prevent futher continued damage, allowing a shot straight to the core. It takes only one shot to destroy the core. Enemy players can infiltrate with Arcwings, through holes punched by the Main Artillery Battery, or smaller turrets, and use these pannels to eject parts of the Fomorian.

This sets of an alarm which illuminates the region to the Defenders; yet if they do not arrive in time, the Battery, or other parts of the hull, will eject, allowing a critical strike to demolish the core.

The surface is colored and designed by the players, and can in places resemble an inverted Beachhead, where pilotable turrets line the region. Battery strikes and Turret blows, can rip open parts of the hull, which causes it to leak Energy orbs; yet these are not the ordinary blue; mottled turcoise spheres float into the vast expanse of nothingness; and a player who encounters it, will recieve 10 Iron Skin no matter what Frame they are using; every hundred absorbed also forms thin tendrils of smaller orbs (fist sized) that orbit the player, and can be unleashed in a single blow to match the Fomorian's turrets.

Power supplies to Battery and Turrets, can be similarly fed off, and if one player is lucky enough, Iron Skin can accumulate to such a level, that the Main Battery will not instantly slay the player. Enough damage to the Battery causes it to explode, revealing the core while Defending players desperately hack a series of panels, to seal off the area.

To see a possible building interface, please visit:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LKI9hPIl90PKUa9_UUeCLKAiK25oYL4DplrW_Zzb6nI/edit?usp=sharing

[UPDATE] Player Made Design Submissions

Similar to the means by which Alliance Emblems are submitted for a platinum tax, players would of course, need to run their designs past DE first; yet this would in and of itself prove an overwhelming workload. DE may see fit to hold several contests, determine who is trustworthy, and forward some of the designs to them instead, reducing their workload while still gaining revenue from the platinum exchange as thousands of clans begin submitted their blueprints for acceptance or denial. This allows DE to simultaneously increase player volume, as the ability to design and use your own ships, is a massive ravine to separate them from Destiny and other similar games, while still maintaining their ability to work on future updates.

I for one know at least thirty players would pay heavily to fight Fomorians, Players, and Relays with the Death Star

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/3f/Deathstar_blueprint.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090224141145

Star Destroyerimperial_star_destroyer.jpg

or Gundam wing-gundam-ka.gif

Granted of course, NOTICEABLE changes would need to be made to the design, lest a hailstorm of lawsuits pummel DE into oblivion.

To view the most recent update, please visit

Edited by (PS4)Harbinger1997

Capital ships manned by few thousand crew with multiple cores as drive, with main cannon that can destroy space station with single hit and being literally as big as relays thesmelves.

Even grineer empire could produce only few of them due to extreme costs this thing would require.

We use archwing specifically because these things would destroy any ship.

But yeah lets deploy these en masse for cw, lore cant complaint about being broken.

Perhaps the Lotus would not approve, yet that might play into this, adding new depth to an otherwise rather shallow plot with no decisions on your part: you could lay siege with Advanced Fomorians, while the Lotus' favor grants certain bonuses to the archwing using defenders. If both sides have Fomorians, archwing specters will lay siege to both, as the Lotus chides you both, and pleads for you to surrender before the Tenno tear themselves apart

Capital ships manned by few thousand crew with multiple cores as drive, with main cannon that can destroy space station with single hit and being literally as big as relays thesmelves.

Even grineer empire could produce only few of them due to extreme costs this thing would require.

We use archwing specifically because these things would destroy any ship.

But yeah lets deploy these en masse for cw, lore cant complaint about being broken.

Can't argue with that, friend. Perhaps the Tenno could modify the design as they have with other former foes: adding a Bridge where only one or two Tenno are needed to control the ship, and specters or other Tenno command the cannons. You bring to bear a good point, and by sabotaging the spawn points, you could cripple the Fomorian, and render it incapable of proper movement or firepower

Don't get me started on Oxium.

I wake up in the middle of the night yelling "KILL IT !!! KILL IT !!! GET THE OXIUM !!!" every-time an ambulance goes past going "Waah! Waah!"

Oxium isn't as rare anymore, even after i got the weapons that took around 7k oxium(with research soloing on shadow), i still retained 1.5koxium

I have to go on a dangerous mission just to scrape together some parts to fix my own Liset, and you expect me to fork out 600 Trillion Alloy Plates to build a Formorian?

Are you nuts?

In all honesty, probably.... But that is unrelated. If you have a clan of any size, most will only need to contribute a few thousand, several void missions' worth of alloy, and several Osprey's worth of Oxium. It would not be harder than trying to build a solar rail alone; with more people, the impossible becomes considerably less so

I have to go on a dangerous mission just to scrape together some parts to fix my own Liset, and you expect me to fork out 600 Trillion Alloy Plates to build a Formorian?

Are you nuts?

Well... Isnt it whats supposed to be? Absurdly expensive to build, only for the biggest and baddest wars?

Another point to consider, is the impact this would have on the in-game economy, and on D.E's earnings therein: if players can develop and sell schema and Fomorians themselves, then more people will be purchasing more platinum, and D.E will therefore have a greater income from Warframe. Interest will also rise, when gamers learn of a game wherein they can create their own ships, and wage war in a contest of strategy, and firepower

Another point to consider, is the impact this would have on the in-game economy, and on D.E's earnings therein: if players can develop and sell schema and Fomorians themselves, then more people will be purchasing more platinum, and D.E will therefore have a greater income from Warframe. Interest will also rise, when gamers learn of a game wherein they can create their own ships, and wage war in a contest of strategy, and firepower

Don't make another ICE.

If you mean the strange google play game, this is of little resemblance, save for that it gives the players power to design, to let their imaginations create weapons of war that can then be unleashed in massive conflicts; yet its benefits do not end there: D.E. will gain a great deal of revenue, and the power of a player's mind, will control and shape the field that they defend, allowing for a great many layers to otherwise shallow strategy, something few other games do. How could this be a bad thing?

I'm kinda against serious PvP. Considering that pretty much all the PvP games I've played have the most toxic communities in existence. Serious PvP may result in an elitist streak running through the Warframe community, causing a player hierarchy that causes a fracture in the community. The Warframe community is pretty ok in my opinion, with elitist elements but not overtly biased towards skilled players, a formula that helps include players who aren't great in shooters. Clans shouldn't be allowed to duke it out. It'll make it more interesting, sure, but the effect on the community will be pretty bad. Sure, let the Tenno formorian class ships exist, allow them to besiege the Grineer, Corpus and maybe even incorporate it into the lore, against the greatest threat the origin system has seen, the Sentients. But in my experience, PvP has bred nothing but ill will and elitism, and I think Warframe should be above that, especially since this will likely be a clan endeavor, which will pit entire communities against each other much like what happened with the Dark Sector Alliance ownerships, which became exclusive to only the most well funded or active clans and left active players in less active clans at a disadvantage. 

ICE?

It's on PC, they betrayed us and started charging 99% tax.

It didn't go well, the others clans were soon doomed by this destructive force.

Well...we did support them in the name of profit...so that they colonized most profitable dark sectors.

Edited by Magnulast

I'm kinda against serious PvP. Considering that pretty much all the PvP games I've played have the most toxic communities in existence. Serious PvP may result in an elitist streak running through the Warframe community, causing a player hierarchy that causes a fracture in the community. The Warframe community is pretty ok in my opinion, with elitist elements but not overtly biased towards skilled players, a formula that helps include players who aren't great in shooters. Clans shouldn't be allowed to duke it out. It'll make it more interesting, sure, but the effect on the community will be pretty bad. Sure, let the Tenno formorian class ships exist, allow them to besiege the Grineer, Corpus and maybe even incorporate it into the lore, against the greatest threat the origin system has seen, the Sentients. But in my experience, PvP has bred nothing but ill will and elitism, and I think Warframe should be above that, especially since this will likely be a clan endeavor, which will pit entire communities against each other much like what happened with the Dark Sector Alliance ownerships, which became exclusive to only the most well funded or active clans and left active players in less active clans at a disadvantage. 

You have a good point, sir.

I honestly suck at PVP, and still have a good time at Free for all, because we complete challenges by asking each other.

Teshin teaches, by blood, but by respect for others.

Wow, I posted this on the wrong thread...wow..stupid me.

Edited by Magnulast

Another thing I forgot to mention: the reaction of Lotus.

When first you attack with the Fomorian, she begs you to stop, to leave before you 'start on a path from which there is no return'

When you first will someone with the Formorian, she screams in rage, cursing you for being so ignorant

When you first destroy a Solar Rail, she falls to her knees, tears leaking freely from both eyes.

After this, she will then join the battle herself, in command of the Salvation; a Tenno vessel twice as large as a Formorian, and thrice so heavily armed. If this is destroyed, you will gain her head as a trophy, and Kill Squads of Tenno Specters will intermittently attack you.

Another thing I forgot to mention: the reaction of Lotus.

When first you attack with the Fomorian, she begs you to stop, to leave before you 'start on a path from which there is no return'

When you first will someone with the Formorian, she screams in rage, cursing you for being so ignorant

When you first destroy a Solar Rail, she falls to her knees, tears leaking freely from both eyes.

After this, she will then join the battle herself, in command of the Salvation; a Tenno vessel twice as large as a Formorian, and thrice so heavily armed. If this is destroyed, you will gain her head as a trophy, and Kill Squads of Tenno Specters will intermittently attack you.

You must hate the lotus, don't you?

You must hate the lotus, don't you?

Yes.

The Universe will fall in tempest of fire and blood, and the Lotus, well she is not untouchable

I honestly suck at PVP, and still have a good time at Free for all, because we complete challenges by asking each other.

Teshin teaches, by blood, but by respect for others.

Wow, I posted this on the wrong thread...wow..stupid me.

Ah well, feel free to post on this forum to