The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition - Bring Back Pvp 1.0 As A "legacy Mode"

-NyriX-

We've had plenty of threads like this.  Kill them with fire.  As if the tiny PvP team and other departments in DE that would have to work on this have the time or resources to waste.

To clarify this: 

Not necessarily. Since adding the legacy mode will simply meaning dumping the 1.0 code, making the desired adjustments needed to fix the big issues, and simply releasing it. Sure there will need to be a cost for actually making these changes (although most of the code is already archived), and the time taken into account. However, there is no need for frequent maintenance, such as rebalancing, for lack of a better word, a weapon every hotfix like the current 3.0.

Thats at least how I see it.

The different systems in this game don't exist in a vacuum.  If a new update introduces a bug that breaks pvp 1.0, I guess you'll be just fine with them not putting resources towards fixing it, right?

Edited by Aggh

We've had plenty of threads like this. Kill them with fire. As if the tiny PvP team and other departments in DE that would have to work on this have the time or resources to waste.

The different systems in this game don't exist in a vacuum. If a new update introduces a bug that breaks pvp 1.0, I guess you'll be just fine with them not putting resources towards fixing it, right?

Don't kill them embrace them. The new conclave is simply bad, unexciting and frustrating.

We've had plenty of threads like this.  Kill them with fire.  As if the tiny PvP team and other departments in DE that would have to work on this have the time or resources to waste.

The different systems in this game don't exist in a vacuum.  If a new update introduces a bug that breaks pvp 1.0, I guess you'll be just fine with them not putting resources towards fixing it, right?

In comparison to the expenditure in 3.0, fixing an unlikely major bug in a hypothetical scenario is honestly nothing.... Worst that can happen is one of those weird bugs that happened when DSPvP came out that affected conclave. Nothing major to fix.

Edit:

Regardless of the resources used towards the minor fixes here and there, and maybe the hypothetical big one... the benefit the community receives is worth the cost. It creates another version for the community to try out and play, while the option of playing the current 3.0 is still present. You can choose either.

Edited by -NyriX-

In comparison to the expenditure in 3.0, fixing an unlikely major bug in a hypothetical scenario is honestly nothing.... Worst that can happen is one of those weird bugs that happened when DSPvP came out that affected conclave. Nothing major to fix.

Edit:

Regardless of the resources used towards the minor fixes here and there, and maybe the hypothetical big one... the benefit the community receives is worth the cost. It creates another version for the community to try out and play, while the option of playing the current 3.0 is still present. You can choose either.

Anything can happen.  DE changes all sorts of things on a daily basis, you can only hope there would be no major issues.

Ah, so now it's not a maintenance free venture, but it's worth any potential cost since it will split the tiny pvp player base.  Cool story.

Don't kill them embrace them. The new conclave is simply bad, unexciting and frustrating.

1.0 was bad too, take off the rose tinted glasses kthnxbai.

Edited by Aggh

Anything can happen. DE has changes all sorts of things on a daily basis, you can only hope there would be no major issues.

Ah, so now it's not a maintenance free venture, but it's worth any potential cost since it will split the tiny pvp player base. Cool story.

1.0 was bad too, take off the rose tinted glasses kthnxbai.

Subjective.

Subjective.

Yes and that goes both ways.

1.0 = quake 3 instagib on a jump pad heavy map with jump rail on.

This.  Only in warframe people somehow convinced themselves that it was a high skill game.

Edited by Aggh

1.0 = quake 3 instagib on a jump pad heavy map with jump rail on.

I didn't play quake 3, but instagib and jump pads speak volumes to me.

That is a form of skill...fast-paced pin-point accuracy...but Warframe has so much more to offer than that.

Wouldn't mind it being an option, cuz that sorta stuff can be fun.

That is a form of skill...fast-paced pin-point accuracy...but Warframe has so much more to offer than that.

Personally i think fast paced, low ttk gameplay does not serve warframe pvp's popularity that well. 1.0 showed that perfectly.

And making something that only 20 players will use is pointless. People that want 1.0 back might as well go play ut, q, warsow or any other arena shooter that has instagib in it.

Personally i think fast paced, low ttk gameplay does not serve warframe pvp's popularity that well. 1.0 showed that perfectly.

And making something that only 20 players will use is pointless. People that want 1.0 back might as well go play ut, q, warsow or any other arena shooter that has instagib in it.

1.0 was not popular because it was not advertised. When it was released the deves were like "yea were adding this for lolz" If it got as much advertisement like 2.0 did I think it would have been more popular.

Its not like 1.0ers want to remove the 3.0 conclave. They just want the option to play how they have always played. Imagine you are playing a game and you learn all the tricks and skills, you learn to aim and move better then all of the sudden the developers tell you "oh we don't like the way you play" here's our PvP "play the way we WANT you to play".

This is why the hardcore player base is still decreasing. Sure it seems more balanced *I guess* But to be playing that node for 2 years straight only for it to be removed and replaced by something more casual friendly is just a slap in the face for the few actual devotees who really were passionate for warfram PvP. The game has devolved into cast then shoot/spray. It feels cheap to globe/dash/charge etc.. And if I want to play the way I enjoy playing I can't because the things that are easy to use and pick up blow everything that is skill based out of the water.

I rather deal with mag pull spammers in 1.0 than to blow a gasket to get 3 consecutive vectis shots on a super speed ash prime to kill him.

Dueling rooms were popular when they've released, and so were the nodes. People just gradually stopped playing them, and they were empty 99% of the time.

Im not saying 1.0 and 3.0 can not exist together. Im just saying it's pointless. And i doubt pvp team, or DE as a whole, would just revert on their changes like that, when they have said that they're committed to reworking how pvp functions.

It's not going to happen, diehards have been asking for something since U16 - I think the match modifiers are an answer to that in a way.

Certainly the "road map" we were given is hardly an indicator of what may come - in fact alot of what we have got, wasn't even mentioned.

Personnely i'd like to see a game mode with no powers. Matches are a little hazy for me, expecially with these new +armor mods on Tanks in particular. Takes alot to put them down, especially when you factor sheild regeneration. I also can't stand FFA with more than 4-6 players. Really messy.

Despite my negativity, Yes a gamemode that harkens back to 1.0 would be welcomed. Or something similar.

Warframe isnt league/dirtybomb/overwatch, it is warframe, not really comparable to other games.

Sounds like to me that either way we are not going to see the 1.0 people much anymore. If it stays with new conclave they will never play and if they bring 1.0 back they will still never play the new  conclave

The honor code you talk about just seems like private rules that the 20 of you came up with that fit your play style :/ like the only thing your allowed to do is run and shoot guns that kill in .2 seconds which doesnt sound too fun especially if your new to the game and you have these vets completely destroy you every 20 seconds.

When i thought of "honor code" i was thinking like not using cheap tactics like shooting typers or grabbing all the hp orbs as soon as you start loosing instead of taking it like a man, but i guess thats not exactly what it is.

Saying conclave is bad either one is just our personal opinions. Id say just make the dojo duel rooms bigger and able to have more players would probably be easiest. You could have your organized matches and it would just be patched like regular pve is. 

Bigger dueling rooms are a great idea, actually. Largely because you could not only more easily have spectators, but you can even modify the dueling arena with obstacles, objects, and all sorts of things.

Dojos do need that sort of work put into them, including obstacle courses that you can add to or even take away from.

Bigger dueling rooms are a great idea, actually. Largely because you could not only more easily have spectators, but you can even modify the dueling arena with obstacles, objects, and all sorts of things.

Dojos do need that sort of work put into them, including obstacle courses that you can add to or even take away from.

yea the dojo already has an obstacle course, they could at least just throw a couple of those into a bigger duel room and make it 4 player. Editable obstacles would make some variety for sure but no sure how hard that would be to implement.

yea the dojo already has an obstacle course, they could at least just throw a couple of those into a bigger duel room and make it 4 player. Editable obstacles would make some variety for sure but no sure how hard that would be to implement.

Or even allow the whole dojo to be open as an arena, lul. PvP obstacle course.

DE just broke whole archwing in last update.

Fixed an error preventing Clients/Hosts from loading into Archwing Missions.

Hypothetical situation with a whole game mode becoming unplayble is highly possible.

Instagib is a casual mode.  One hitting with a hit scan weapon is rock bottom as far as skill goes in Q3 or any arena shooter.