Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.10.2 + 17.10.3

DE_Adam

Saryn is still a press 4 to win as all her abilities are made to increase Miasma. Also they should just give toxic lash some kind of eternal war  like when you explode a spore with melee toxic lash duration is increased by 2 seconds and give it a damage reduction instead increased block.

Edited by khydhy

just replace toxic lash with something more useful please

I never understood why they forced Toxic Leash on us as her main skill when no one used it. Then I read the topic about how DE hates everything that is involved in Draco and it made sense to me.

It sucks that she is forced to be melee and have a dumb combo that requires all your energy and plenty of set up that is also UP CLOSE while she's frail as glass. Usually the concept of glass cannons imply they killing fast before they get killed. With dots and the stupid set up combo you die before you can kill. I don't understand this new concept of game, where you have to melee and be up close and cast your abilities without the hp and energy and fast, killing efficiency needed to do so.

I guess it's true what I read back there and DE really just plain hates Saryn. Ember is next, it seems. Oh, the nerfing is coming.

I wonder why they didn't just remove Draco instead of crippling every frame involved?

Frost and Valkyr may be perfect examples, but Frost and Valkyr never really made Draco more farmable. Sure, Frost keeps everyone alive, but he doesn't really rapid kill. Sure, Valkyr's immortal, but she's not good in Draco.

Excalibur's Radial Javelin was good in Draco, but he's posterboy, so while he got nerfed at first, he did get a proper rework to make him awesome.

Mag was good in Draco because greedy pull, so that got nerfed, followed by nerf after nerf after nerf even when she was nerfed to the point of completely being mediocre, more nerfs. Her rework will probably be another nerf.

Mesa was good in Draco because of how her 4th worked. Rather than rework her to not be 4 to win but also be more fun and branch out into more content other than just defense, they just directly nerfed her effectiveness, improved nothing, but made it aim-based so every "hardcore 1337 no-scope loolzlzlzlz" player will defend it because you're a noob if you don't say it's an improvement because that means you just don't want to aim. Never mind the fact that people are upset because she STILL CAN'T MOVE WHILE USING THEM AND STILL HAS A RIDICULOUS DRAIN, NOT BECAUSE OF AIM.

Saryn was good in Draco because of her 4th, so unlike Excalibur who's posterboy, or Frost who's not really making the farming go faster or more efficienctly, her rework was done from the other side of DE's heart. The side of DE's heart that's black, cold, and hates their own creations. They hate anything that makes Draco farming possible. Because god forbid people rank up a bit faster, they might actually not quit the game due to it taking forever to rank up gear.

Trinity was also shown just how much DE hates frames that work well in Draco. The most meaningless buffs for a prime so far, the first prime to not be included in the codex on release, AND the first prime to, more than a MONTH after release, be incapable of using their immortal skin with their prime version without reverting to the old model, DESPITE other primes that ALSO have model changes not suffering this problem, because it only changes the parts of the frame that are consistent between both, and Trin Prime has consistencies with regular Trinity. There's no excuse.

Don't expect the devs to ever even think about any of the changes that have been suggested, because they hate Saryn because she was a draco efficiency frame. They'll make some minor changes here or there to calm people and turn the community on each other so they'll eventually silence themselves, but they'll never make her "good".

With Saryn nerfed, I see people wanting Ember in their squads.

Expect Ember's World on Fire, Accelerant, and/or Fire Blast to be nerfed next if/when she gets a rework after Mag.

Also, expect a Trinity nerf eventually, as her EV is essential to Draco and just about any farm.

Also, expect a Nova nerf if she gets a rework, as her Molecular Prime makes farming easier too.

as much as people want to farm to get "faster" into higher content, you should probably realize that the frame or changes isnt the problem at this point, its the way we rank up as well as the missions. i mean cmon, are you honestly saying youd like to play warframe just pressing a single button and just sitting there? i actually enjoy games by paying attention, being active and investing my time having fun, not by ranking up to do the same thing over again once new content comes in. 

i do agree with you to an extent on how the approaches of certain changes are being made but even those are applied to how warframe is currently played to progress per se. 

Less HP, and with the inability to build negative duration, Regen Molt seems to heal slower than before. If the health was nudged up more, then maybe. Also I need the full Vitality/Rage/Regen Molt combo for survivability, and building for duration effectively screws me out of one or more if I want to use my abilities.

And before someone chimes in with the "well you only used one ability with nuke saryn" I actually used them all, but differently. Venom was followed by a shotgun shot, effectively making a little venom splash. Molt was a quick escape and bomb. Contagion was S#&$ before, but with a reach-modded scoliac it still managed to poison a few folk; a garnish on quick melee basically. Obviously miasma was a nuke, but less than a devoted miasma build.

And I wouldn't call it a bug, considering how quickly they took care of things like Viver. Like coptering it was more of a clever use of mechanics, rather than a bug.

New Saryn definitely has a tighter mod economy, but this is a good thing.  Frames shouldn't have one build that checks all the boxes with no compromises (hi Loki/Nova/company.)

Interesting that your pre-nerf build used a specific weapon setup to use her non-Miasma powers.

Viver happened a year ago and was on DE's radar within weeks.  Miasma bug happened more than two years ago, and wasn't even noticed by DE (or they didn't care) until this summer, it seems.  Very different circumstances.  Also note how they have allowed repfarm to continue to happen in the meantime despite being completely opposed to it.  Clearly unintended, but their lack of insight into their own game coupled with pressures to monetize from their investors make it difficult for them to appropriately correct things. 

Now just remove the injector requirement from Jordas Verdict Trial totally. If you 'missed the boat' on the first few days... kinda bites when everybody is requesting they already have them for recruiting. A key should be the only thing you should need... basically requring TWO keys and one that you have to get mid-mission (in the raid) is very poor design.

IF for some reason you reallyyy have to keep the injectors in; why don't you make use of OTHER missions (maybe even the other regular Jordas fight) to get what you need for them?

Updated Hotfix notes to include...

i assume this explains why i can't really figure how how Toxic Lash and Spores really works?

i.e. why i get ridiculously inconsistent results.

-snip-

i complain about things in Warframe pretty much 24/7. 

i've never encountered any problems. it's surely a poor choice of words.

you'll say it isn't, but it is.

as much as people want to farm to get "faster" into higher content, you should probably realize that the frame or changes isnt the problem at this point, its the way we rank up as well as the missions. i mean cmon, are you honestly saying youd like to play warframe just pressing a single button and just sitting there? i actually enjoy games by paying attention, being active and investing my time having fun, not by ranking up to do the same thing over again once new content comes in. 

i do agree with you to an extent on how the approaches of certain changes are being made but even those are applied to how warframe is currently played to progress per se. 

They need to rework more than just saryn. Melee is just pressing one button and more and more frames are getting focus on part of the game with the least development. Yes, I know they're adding charge attacks back (and clunkier than before) but it's STILL PRESSING ONE BUTTON.

Saryn's kit would be great in a stealth-oriented game. But warframe is as much stealth as it is a game about single target combat.

Saryn Changes

• Reduced the particle FX on Saryn’s Spore when spreading between enemies to address performance issues.
  • Doubled the duration of Saryn’s Molt.
  • Saryn’s Spores now cost half normal energy when cast on Molt.
  • Destroying an enemy affected by Saryn’s Spores with Toxic Lash will now restore 2 energy to Saryn.
  • Saryn’s Toxic Lash can now be recast to refresh its duration.

-----

What is duration on Molt going to do?

Make Spores cost half energy, no matter if we throw it on Molt or not. It HAS to be spammed alot.

How can we "destroy" an enemy affected by Spores with Toxic Lash in high tier?

Toxic Lash recast....hmm fine. Not bad.

Thanks for the small changes, but it's not changing anything. 

Saryn can remain buried....

Jordas was still broken.  

The Esophagas would not grab the InjectorBox in BossFight-phase2.  Also, can you increase the Range on the Injector that moves towards the window (the Injector near the Injector-that-is-supposed-to-be-grabbed);  Its range is quite pathetic and random at times.

No one will probably read this, but I'd love if Toxic lash could affect her ranged weapons too because here's why:

Right now toxin lash is practically a worse Rhino roar, it gives less damage, it only affects melee weapons and not teammates. Could we please make it work for ranged weapons too? That would inspire some interesting gunplay and would not force her into being a weak melee frame like you are doing right now.

Imagine if you were carrying a sniper or a bow, pop a headshot with toxic lash activated and you'll trigger a massive toxic proc on the enemy with a heavy DOT. If the enemy has spore on that would be devastating in an area.