Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen Steam Workshop: Round One.

[DE]Rebecca

Second round Hype.

Really doubt it. If DE didn't see anything in it to select it this round, then I really doubt they'll select it in the second round, especially since 1) they implied that those not selected would need to be "improved", and 2) they didn't offer up any guidelines on how to "improve" them. And after they chose that generic grey digital camo "Grineer's Assault" mantis skin over the Warrior's Companion mantis skin, I'm not expecting most good skins to get selected.

U should have seen the concept art, he moved away from his basic scratches which was more fitting, but the Sari not being added is shocking .

hmm.. I guess I'll better rework the Az'Krogar. On the first one(the old models) I was reaching around ~30,000tris while viewed on the tennogen viewer, x4 the original polycount, so I had to scale it back, reduced it too far and it became like a PS1-era 3D Model. Now I think I can stick to the original concept, and maybe make even more grineer syandanas :P

Getting the normal maps baked right is the most challenging part for me, as it can make or break the lowpoly model. Also the roughness map, if done right it will look really awesome.

So I'll probably remake Az'Krogar,  and then make 3 other syandanas (probably another grineer, a corpus and an infested one) and some weapons remodels for the polycount contest (Grineer Galatine here I come :D ) 

Really doubt it. If DE didn't see anything in it to select it this round, then I really doubt they'll select it in the second round, especially since 1) they implied that those not selected would need to be "improved", and 2) they didn't offer up any guidelines on how to "improve" them. And after they chose that generic grey digital camo "Grineer's Assault" mantis skin over the Warrior's Companion mantis skin, I'm not expecting most good skins to get selected.

I have faith , lets see if WE get what we want. but i seriously suggest all of us tenno to upvote & participate to make our voice heard. 

hmm.. I guess I'll better rework the Az'Krogar. On the first one(the old models) I was reaching around ~30,000tris while viewed on the tennogen viewer, x4 the original polycount, so I had to scale it back, reduced it too far and it became like a PS1-era 3D Model. Now I think I can stick to the original concept, and maybe make even more grineer syandanas :P

Getting the normal maps baked right is the most challenging part for me, as it can make or break the lowpoly model. Also the roughness map, if done right it will look really awesome.

So I'll probably remake Az'Krogar,  and then make 3 other syandanas (probably another grineer, a corpus and an infested one) and some weapons remodels for the polycount contest (Grineer Galatine here I come :D ) 

Well, how do you know what you have to change/rework to make it acceptable/eligible? It's not like DE said what most skins did wrong.

Well, how do you know what you have to change/rework to make it acceptable/eligible? It's not like DE said what most skins did wrong.

1000 times this. I really wish I knew what to improve on Exo-Cal that they didn't like, I guess i'll try tuning the noise back on it, and maybe adding some patterns instead of having the final tone just adjust the metals.

I'm really hoping the reason isn't that I didn't have the super saturated RGB pic to show my tint mask.