Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.10.4

DE_Adam

then you're not doing it right. don't focus on an individual skill, focus on her kit as a whole. Cast spore once per group, make sure to always pop it, take out key targets, ALWAYS be moving when you're exposed, be liberal with molt, and, naturally, always use cover when you need a moment to recharge.

Also, you know, level 40 and up is supposed to be hard. as in you're not really supposed to solo it.

yea, not for ash, chroma or valk though imo

*cough* try to be that tanky with a wanna be 90% DR while facing multiple bombards and gunners on a T4 run after hitting the 80th min. I doubt that you will stay at the end of the corridor and keep blocking. That - skill - is - useless.

It doesn't take 80 minutes for that strategy to become useless.

It doesn't take 80 minutes for that strategy to become useless.

Aha. So, staying in front of an enemy, without causing any real impact against that enemy nor having the possibility to "counter attack", like timed blocking or whatever, is a so called "strategy"?

Am I at the wrong Sci-Fi set?

Fixes:

• Fixed Toxic Lash no longer functioning after killing an enemy affected by Spores.
  • Fixed Range and Strength Mods having no effect on Saryn’s Molt explosion when toggled by the player.
  • Fixed Saryn’s Molt exploding twice when killed by enemies. We've doubled the damage of Molt’s explosion as a result of fixing this bug.
  • Fixed friends playing in a Solo Mission displaying as being ‘In Menus’.
  • Fixed Chroma’s Vex Armor Ability actually reducing player armor rating.

tumblr_n9hkamCSDG1qccipro1_500.gif

I guess I should have been more specific and said it doesn't make sense to use melee on a frame that has a serious lack of survivability.  Sure, you could use Toxic Lash if you want to use melee but you wouldn't be using melee for long because you'd be dead.  Mesa's Shooting Gallery makes perfect sense as an ability for her because she is a gun-play oriented frame.  Toxic Lash doesn't make sense because it is a melee ability on a frame that lacks the requirements to be a good melee frame.

Saryn is lack of SURVIVALABILITY! good gods that not the frame false its your.

Edited by Noxraconis

Saryn is lack of SURVIVALABILITY! good gods that not the frame false its your.

It is well known that Saryn doesn't have survivability. She has slightly above average health and armor with no true damage mitigation skills. Her only method of health regeneration is through a band-aid mod. She also lacks any form of crowd control.

That makes her survivability pretty poor. I guess if you don't play anything with higher levels than Saturn she might seem fine though.

It is well known that Saryn doesn't have survivability. She has slightly above average health and armor with no true damage mitigation skills. Her only method of health regeneration is through a band-aid mod. She also lacks any form of crowd control.

That makes her survivability pretty poor. I guess if you don't play anything with higher levels than Saturn she might seem fine though.

her survivability is just fine, buff her health and armor as a precaution, but focus mostly on spore in higher levels. seriously, her guaranteed viral procs really screw up whatever faction she fights, and the more enemies that are dead, the less you have to worry about taking cover.

you dont really know saryn, she is actually got nice melee kit skills, spore your target, cast toxic lash, kill your target with the spore debuff, toxic will spread and its actually strong combo, keep using molt to distract your target while keeping the spore to jump from one mob to the other, toxic lash is your kit to spread spore a bit faster due to its wider range... with a little armor and health buff she is good as the other melee frame, you dont play saryn that much, you dont know her

yes, the skill is good for melee, but it isn't your only method of quickly spreading spores. as long as you have any iota of aim, you just have to hit the spores with your gun and they spread just as far. mod for toxin damage on your guns and, hey, suddenly everything's doing a lot more damage.

Mind you I'm not saying the skill is bad, it's great for letting Saryn get in close and really wreck face, but in doing so, you're not keeping yourself out of danger, which might make it a little hard to keep yourself alive in turn.

I'm not sure why, but my PS4 controller with DS4 doesn't work now, however, I can still use the touchpad to move my mouse. Did the controller support fix make it to where only the steam controller will work with the game now?

I'd appreciate if anyone would be kind enough to help me out.

yes, the skill is good for melee, but it isn't your only method of quickly spreading spores. as long as you have any iota of aim, you just have to hit the spores with your gun and they spread just as far. mod for toxin damage on your guns and, hey, suddenly everything's doing a lot more damage.

Mind you I'm not saying the skill is bad, it's great for letting Saryn get in close and really wreck face, but in doing so, you're not keeping yourself out of danger, which might make it a little hard to keep yourself alive in turn.

Eh, you don't have to aim either.  Get a "AoE" Gun.  Easiest is the synoid simulor, the best for 'long' range [kinda] is the ignis.  I'd imagine the Acrid, and the Nukor also are good at it as well as any explosive weapons.    Though those are the main four that I see Saryn users using and there has to be a reason.

A tip for other people who want to try close range saryn?  When approaching Pre-Molt, most of the fire will shift onto you and rinse and repeat as needed while using spore + Toxic lash, 'usually' you'll be able to refund your energy used on molt through Toxic lash's energy generation.

Is it a sure way to survive?  Not exactly, a bombard can ruin your day.  Though a few select frames can go toe to toe with a bombard and not come out missing a arm if a shot goes off in their face.

Eh, you don't have to aim either.  Get a "AoE" Gun.  Easiest is the synoid simulor, the best for 'long' range [kinda] is the ignis.  I'd imagine the Acrid, and the Nukor also are good at it as well as any explosive weapons.    Though those are the main four that I see Saryn users using and there has to be a reason.

A tip for other people who want to try close range saryn?  When approaching Pre-Molt, most of the fire will shift onto you and rinse and repeat as needed while using spore + Toxic lash, 'usually' you'll be able to refund your energy used on molt through Toxic lash's energy generation.

Is it a sure way to survive?  Not exactly, a bombard can ruin your day.  Though a few select frames can go toe to toe with a bombard and not come out missing a arm if a shot goes off in their face.

thats why DE needs to buff saryn, the fact the new gameplay and her new kit force her to work on melee range, she needs to have that buff as a melee frame, dont know why DE cant understand this one LOL. they buff toxic lash they want everybody to use it, i really want it to be replace but its DE they want it to be like that, hopefully they fix this issue before the prime release :)), still got my hek and molt regen for deeper level on survival still works

Edited by vashyoung

her survivability is just fine, buff her health and armor as a precaution, but focus mostly on spore in higher levels. seriously, her guaranteed viral procs really screw up whatever faction she fights, and the more enemies that are dead, the less you have to worry about taking cover.

Her survivability is not fine. She doesn't have any form of CC, damage reduction (unless you think blocking is valid), or healing. Regenerative Molt is just a band aid mod and shouldn't be the only source of survivability she has. Molt doesn't last long enough at high levels to be that useful either.

Make Molt do the same thing as Snowglobe, please! Invuln for 4 seconds and any damage that would have been done becomes additional health.

Loving the Saryn rework btw but Molt definitely has issues vs. higher level enemies.