Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maayuu's Hole (with blazingcobalt and Stenchfury)

_malaya_

27/04/2016

Spoiler

Progress report tweet tweet

Unnamed Scarf

Spoiler

hNvdNfX.png

Jotun

Spoiler

MpVXGRD.png

Sari V2

Spoiler

HvX2SAf.png

22/01/2016:

On 1/21/2016 at 4:13 AM, MaaYuu said:

https://sketchfab.com/models/c7719ce9cf484fed8f851a27d39ef850

ElX2GzY.png

I'm so burnt out right now D: The Syandana sits at 7,495 tris

Still need a couple of tweaks in the diffuse and roughness map and it's still looking a bit sloppy, but I've handed over what I currently have to blazingcobalt for tinting now and I imagine it's smooth sailing from here on.

bCL6Sw5.png

WUxK6S8.png

Gonna take a break the whole day today then get right to work on the Jotun Helmet

12/01/2016:

Spoiler
On 1/12/2016 at 0:01 PM, MaaYuu said:

Finished the sculpting, on to the retopology:

jYgDNKx.jpg

g6iTsbO.jpg

3/12/2015

Steel Meridian and Red Veil Concepting

Spoiler

steel%20meridian%20syandana5.pngD4wX0Bz.jpg

Talas Syandana

Spoiler
Spoiler

1/12/2015

blazing is working on the tints while I work on the PBR. Kinda cutting it close, I hope we make it in time for second round!

This is gonna look so good in a cutscene

1ydLFxh.png

talas%20WIp1.PNG

Spoiler

30/11/2015

Baking done. Now I'm gonna hand the files over to blazingcobalt for tinting and while that's happening I'll be working on the PBR masks.

Normal maps are a bit dirty, but the faults are pretty small and they do their job well enough.

22Iq9DA.png

Spoiler

29/11/2015

Trial bake looks gross. I really need to use a cage. I also have to rearrange some pieces so they all look consistent in pixel density.

Sitting at 7,142 triangles including the dual sided cape, so I have a little more to work with and I'll use those to get rid of some wobbly edges.

OICt2ru.png

28/11/2015

Spoiler

School's out! I can finally focus my efforts on this.

Looking at this now, I think I put too much high frequency detail into this and I don't think it's gonna bake well. Gonna have to tone it back. All that's left is the cape and It'll be ready to bake

nhZxTRm.png

This is 46 MILLION vertices. My laptop is making this weird zapping noise.

o0UbvpM.png

Spoiler

21/11/2015

Ahh, school is a killer. It's the final week and I haven't been getting a lot of time for this because I have a lot of assessments due. I'm gonna start crunching out my homework tomorrow so next week I can dedicate all my time to this, but for now here's the part that connects to the back:

0zqrhZ7.png

pO1Zf4V.png

zDh1Ibr.png

I think that in order to distinguish this energy sword from the Telos Syandana, it needs to have a normal map and some Fresnel Emission kind of like how they do ghost materials in games.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/images/Engine/Rendering/Materials/HowTo/Fresnel/FN_Fresnel_&_Normal_Map.jpg

16/11/2015

Spoiler

Did a test bake to see if I made the details too small. It looks nice enough with a 1024 texture, but still pixelated and stretched in some spots. Looks like I'll be mirroring a lot of UV islands to make this work, but it'll be worth all the effort!

SAB9Teu.png

Also tried it out in Toolbag. looks a bit shallow in some places, but I think I can fix that by darkening the crevices in the diffuse or multiplying the AO over the blue channel of the Normal Map. If all else fails, I'll just have to do another sculpting pass to deepen the creases

4Vmol8H.png

APXNYL5.png

15/11/2015

Spoiler
On 11/15/2015 at 8:56 PM, MaaYuu said:

Sorry for the sparse updates, check this out!

croc0Sc.jpg

y7krpZd.png

qTTTAO4.png

Welp. From the looks of things, the poly count is gonna be way too high. Currently looking to combine the sword into one chunk and making the cape shorter.

nnMUicb.png

79t3Jg8.png

10/11/2015

Spoiler

Howdy all! Now that we know syndicate themed syandanas can be approved, I wanna show you what I've been working on this past week...

I was looking around Google Images when I came across these syndicate syandana concepts:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/497429-syndicate-cape-sketches-updated-arbiters/

Amazing work, so I just had to ask blazingcobalt if we could work together (me as the modeler and blazing as the concept artist) to translate these ideas into 3D. To push it just a little bit further, I threw around some ideas that were different or something people might want in this syandana, and so we ended up with the Talas Hexis Syandana:

Spoiler

nAGP61A.png

Cool beans, am I right? Talas means sharpness in Filipino(Talas? Telos? Tee hee).

Thanks to AntoineFlemming for suggesting a physical sword for the Hexis Syandana!

To push it even further, we made it so that the sword is actually made up of various smaller swords, like Cloud's Buster Sword in Final Fantasy Advent Children.

And this is what we have at the time of posting this topic:

Spoiler

LwD23uI.png

Sculpt of a part of the base(still needs a bit more work):

Spoiler

2W6gpEV.png

Test bake imported to TennoGen:

Spoiler

nmcorRM.jpg

And so... tadaaaaah! I'm confident this'll be out by the time round 2 rolls in, hope you like what you see!

After the Hexis syandana is....

Spoiler

TXCbveY.pngnetting%20pls.PNG

Edited by MaaYuu

Aw man I was hoping you would make a topiary bush syandana to fit the orphid skin :c

Are you planning to make that sword look like it's energy based? Not the whole thing though. It could glow in the dark like the sword in Telos Syandana does. Difference is, this one would be a 3D glowing sword (more like a dim glow, not super bright).

Did I say that the design looks amazing? The design looks amazing.

Edited by Noioiy

Aw man I was hoping you would make a topiary bush syandana to fit the orphid skin :c

Are you planning to make that sword look like it's energy based? Not the whole thing though. It could glow in the dark like the sword in Telos Syandana does. Difference is, this one would be a 3D glowing sword (more like a dim glow, not super bright).

Did I say that the design looks amazing? The design looks amazing.

Heheh, blazingcobalt is the one to thank for the design!

At the moment, the plan is to make them like true Tenno weapons, with all its sculpted and paneled goodness. We'll see how it goes though. If there's not enough action going on in the back, this will definitely be the first thing I'll consider doing.

To be fair, Grineer is pretty much just lumpy bits and cables. How about ditching the cape/net and just having the shell? We could go crazy and add some glass with glowing liquid inside like in a Grineer cloning vat.  It would probably be a nightmare for the riggers, but it hasn't been done before in a syandana.

Machine_2.jpg

ok now open a twitch channel and stream your creation ;p 

At this rate i think i can easily predict that i'll upvote any of your work ^

I'll have to get a better rig first, I dunno if it's blender or my hardware, but I crash a lot whenever my laptop chugs
Edited by MaaYuu

I hate to be a downer, but do we really need another Grineer Syandana with a lumpy armor bit at the top and cables hanging down from it? We have  two already.

Concerning the grineer themed one i always loved the idea of a trophy made syandana (covered with manic mask having their eyes glowing red when channeling) since they like feat of strenght ^

croc0Sc.jpg

y7krpZd.png

qTTTAO4.png

Welp. From the looks of things, the poly count is gonna be way too high. Currently looking to combine the sword into one chunk and making the cape shorter. 

nnMUicb.png

79t3Jg8.png

Edited by MaaYuu

croc0Sc.jpg

y7krpZd.png

qTTTAO4.png

nnMUicb.png

79t3Jg8.png

You can certainly simplify the sword (it's probably a bit too complex, anyway). I think the cape is already rather short as it is. Honestly, I'd rather see the cape touch the floor, or at least be ankle-length.