The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maayuu's Hole (with blazingcobalt and Stenchfury)

_malaya_

Ahh. Kinda taking a break for a couple of weeks. I tired myself out trying to chase deadlines and school just started again so I wanna get a bit of a head start before thinking about making stuff again. I'm hoping when I get back Operator cosmetics will be available for submission cause I really wanna make some hairstyles.

My priority would be to finish my Red Veil Syandana, maybe start blazing's Cephalon themed one once he's done with the concept, and I'm really interested in making a snowglobe/narwhal helmet for Frost and a speaker helmet for Mag

If anyone's still interested, I made a Grineer Skin of the VakJat Syandana without the dangly bit. blazingcobalt's still working on the Steel Meridian Skin, but let me know what you think:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=620400520

Edited by MaaYuu

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2016 at 9:13 AM, ArturiaFayth said:

So, which syndicate is up next Maayu? Will it be Perrin sequence, Red veil, Suda, the scanning one or the conclave one?

They look great so far, so kinda curious how your other syndicate syandana's will look.

Just want to make sure and point out that Kary said they don't want Syndicate-themed works in the recent Q&A, unfortunately. I don't know what that means for the Sari syandana, since they already accepted that but haven't added it to the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

ahh welp. since no syndicate stuff is allowed I wanna work on making my old stuff a lot better. After a couple months of learning how to draw, a lot of what I'd done looks like crap now. Pretty darn pleased with the Talas though, and blazing and I are planning on revamping the textures to get rid of the Arbiters theme.

I only have two weeks to focus on this stuff before i have to get back to school. I wasn't able to work on Tennogen stuff because of all the stress, so I dunno how it'll all turn out.

Here's some concept art for my Sari v2:

Spoiler

NrV4Cjy.png

I figure with the Icarius Syandana coming in, now's a good time to do flappy stuff. I figure the more good stuff we have with this feature, the closer we get to making it real. Still going for a water animation flowing through the wings, and still going for the butterfly + chrysalis theme, but I'll make the material match closer to Oberon's deluxe skin.

Here's what I have with the Jotun helmet:

PWflS34.png

We've taken people's issues into consideration and did some changes. We brought the collar out and the dragon spine in the middle of the ice beard will kind of break it up a little. I have to sculpt the beard so it looks more like icicles, but my main issue right now is cleaning it all up and giving the helmet part paneling that more closely resembles Frost's coat.

And wait! There's more!

This is one of blazingcobalt's designs. We've decided to go with a more traditional scarf-like design this time. I originally wanted something simple that I could do during my school term, but I couldn't manage my time well enough to work on it:

Spoiler

DSgqbLX.png

Welp, This is going to be fun

Edited by MaaYuu
messed up spoiler tags

On 3/31/2016 at 6:27 PM, Syncrasis said:

Just want to make sure and point out that Kary said they don't want Syndicate-themed works in the recent Q&A, unfortunately. I don't know what that means for the Sari syandana, since they already accepted that but haven't added it to the game. 

So funny. Syndicate stuff isn't allowed, yet one of the first Liset skins accepted was Syndicate-themed. This double-standard thing DE's doing is very annoying. Part of the reason I just gave up on TennoGen. Hope you have some luck with your non-syndicate stuff, MaaYuu.

1 hour ago, AntoineFlemming said:

So funny. Syndicate stuff isn't allowed, yet one of the first Liset skins accepted was Syndicate-themed. This double-standard thing DE's doing is very annoying. Part of the reason I just gave up on TennoGen. Hope you have some luck with your non-syndicate stuff, MaaYuu.

To be fair, none of the Liset skins have any imagery from any of the syndicates while the Sari Syandana was modeled around the New Loka symbol. However, I do think that DE should have stated "no syndicate items" from the start.

22 hours ago, alexmach1 said:

To be fair, none of the Liset skins have any imagery from any of the syndicates while the Sari Syandana was modeled around the New Loka symbol. However, I do think that DE should have stated "no syndicate items" from the start.

The Hellkite Liset skin is Red Veil themed.

B67696217F49529E94AD9BB2458A7DFB6624A2A1

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=547150985

"The Hellkite is a Liset skin based off of several shapes and themes of the Red Veil."

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/e/e0/FactionSigilAssassinsLevel7.png 

Edited by AntoineFlemming

On 4/21/2016 at 8:33 AM, AntoineFlemming said:

The Hellkite Liset skin is Red Veil themed.

B67696217F49529E94AD9BB2458A7DFB6624A2A1

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=547150985

"The Hellkite is a Liset skin based off of several shapes and themes of the Red Veil."

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/e/e0/FactionSigilAssassinsLevel7.png 

Ah well :/ Maybe they just didn't like my work. All I can really do right now is follow the rules a bit better and my stuff  prettier.

Progress report tweet tweet

Unnamed Scarf

Spoiler

hNvdNfX.png

Jotun

Spoiler

MpVXGRD.png

Sari V2

Spoiler

HvX2SAf.png

Edited by MaaYuu
dun goof'd on the spoiler tags

Nahh Hellkite doesn't use any literal syndicate stuff on it. It also seems like they were a little undecided about it at first, and let "inspired by" syndicate stuff slide, I mean they did want to add the Sari early on too, and it had literal syndicate imagery on it. It's been relatively recently they made a late decision on not letting literal interpretations of syndicate items in, I think that says a lot about their decision in general (IE: ALLLmost saying "yes"). Your work is fantastic, MaaYuu! Don't let it discourage you! I love the new Sari sketch.

3 hours ago, Syncrasis said:

Nahh Hellkite doesn't use any literal syndicate stuff on it. It also seems like they were a little undecided about it at first, and let "inspired by" syndicate stuff slide, I mean they did want to add the Sari early on too, and it had literal syndicate imagery on it. It's been relatively recently they made a late decision on not letting literal interpretations of syndicate items in, I think that says a lot about their decision in general (IE: ALLLmost saying "yes"). Your work is fantastic, MaaYuu! Don't let it discourage you! I love the new Sari sketch.

That white blade is quite literally taken from a Red Veil sigil, a sigil that I linked in my post above.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

1 minute ago, AntoineFlemming said:

That white blade is quite literally taken from a Red Veil sigil.

It's still not the literal sigil, take a look at them side by side. It's "inspired by" and can easily be removed from its context. 

FactionSigilAssassinsLevel7_zpsuv8ile6d.

What I'm saying is: by generalizing the designs, you seem to still be able to create things that are syndicate-INSPIRED, but not literal translations of them. The way Hellkite was made is a very good example of this point.

• 2 months later...