Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maayuu's Hole (with blazingcobalt and Stenchfury)

_malaya_

I couldn't think of anywhere else to place the Red Veil symbol, and I wanted it to look like a real nasty piece of work, so yeah...

But this does look really promising:

s6s7OQ6.jpg

I'll just have to look someplace else to add the sigil and some fire then

Edited by MaaYuu

I've been a fan of all your work thus far so with your starting work on the Red Veil syandana, let me say I'm already impressed. As far as the two more fleshed out concepts are concerned I do like the shaping of the second one. However, perhaps you could combine both concepts, the actual cowl/ back piece from your second attempt and a more traditional cloak like design from the 9th image from your earlier examples. You could even do an asymmetrical design with some chains hanging down on one side, and the cloth hanging down on the other. Where you have the little three eyes on your second fleshed out design might be an interesting place to throw the Veil sigil in it's stead, it might even be possible to texture the sigil to look like it's on fire. 

Okay, that was a lot of randomness on my end that I wanted to just toss out there in case you wanted more feedback. Whatever you come up with will be amazing though I'm sure. 

I couldn't think of anywhere else to place the Red Veil symbol, and I wanted it to look like a real nasty piece of work, so yeah...

But this does look really promising:

s6s7OQ6.jpg

I'll just have to look someplace else to add the sigil and some fire then

Yeah, it looks a lot better, imo. You could put that ring right above that tri-blade (not sure what else to call it), with the fire coming out of it. And as for the full symbol, you've got a nice place near the neck where you can put it.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

-snip-

Thanks! Making syandanas is a great experience and I can totally feel myself improving as an artist every single day. I hope I can continue to meet everyone's expectations with my future work.

I'm kinda interested in seeing how far I can take the 9th design, but I feel I don't have enough skill to push the concept further so I'm going to put it in the back burner for now. Also I think it deserves to stand on its own as an Infested-Ancient-Smoky-Tree-Root cape rather than be tied to the Tenno visual style that I believe DE is going for with Red Veil.

I'm hoping that after I'm done making syndicate capes (and maybe some other cosmetics for a change of pace), I'll be ready to pursue that option.

Yeah, it looks a lot better, imo. You could put that ring right above that tri-blade (not sure what else to call it), with the fire coming out of it. And as for the full symbol, you've got a nice place near the neck where you can put it.

I think it's either a glaive or a shuriken... Maybe the former since it's gonna be pretty big

Here's my choices so far, I'm quite partial to D:

Bp6fWml.jpg

Went from using the Dread as reference and went to the Rakta Cernos. The difference between Stalker gear and Red Veil gear(I think) is that Stalker gear is black and red, while Red Veil gear is red and black. Or maybe I'm just insane.

I decided to stay away from adding more to the silhouette than what's absolutely necessary since a lot of people complained about the Talas Syandana being really busy. Really struggling to keep it from looking like generic sci-fi tech, but I think I'm getting there with the fourth option. It has this infested bug thing inside that i guess has a mind of its own and controls the spinny blade thing.

Edited by MaaYuu

I like the D concept the most. Maybe you (or DE) can add a little looping animation that would make it look like it's trying to borrow the claws on the wearers back. Something paracyst does, the squiggly wiggly motion.

I dunno if DE would accept other animations in addition to cloth physics... But I say what the heck, if it's gonna be a premium syandana, I gotta make it look like a premium syandana!

I forgot that Cobalt is already using a tube for the Steel Meridian Syandana, so I decided instead to go for something like chitinous plates. Still going to have the pulsing tubes down the side though.

tXJBbCo.jpg

I've done the initial sketch for the base. Now it's time to do the hard surface retopology.

LRyXOwQ.png

Edited by MaaYuu

Aww... I'm kinda bummed.  I REALLY liked the pyre behind the head encircled with Red Veil iconography...  Are we losing the fire completely?  I feel as though 'the cleansing fire' is central to the Red Veil theme, it would be a shame to lose it.

Still, a HUGE fan of your work!  Keep it up so I can give you more money when this stuff gets into Warframe >:D

What he said ^^^

I blame Antoine Flemming. Tainted Maayuu

Ps. I liked the A concept

Eh, at the end of the day it was my decision to make XD I think that at this point there's already a too much going on and adding fire into the mix would just make it a mess.

Still, it isn't out of the question. I just need to figure out where to put it (Might roll back to the jet powered scorpion tail idea, I'll see how the rest of the syandana looks first).

3w2r4LS.png

my sketch was way off proportion. having serious doubts about the chitinous plating and the hard surface parts aren't looking Tenno at all

Having fun with the infested parts though:

LoOZlqJ.png

aKyGjRe.png

Edited by MaaYuu

Trying to see how I can do the tubing. I think I'm gonna go with the middle one since it seems the least intrusive. I hope the pulsing energy will still be visible though...   Can't really tell cause some parts are unselected/masked.

Don't need to worry too much about this part since I'm thinking of having the tubes as separate objects in the low poly.S8C1xSF.jpg

Boo

bTXJNX3.png

Edited by MaaYuu

Trying to see how I can do the tubing. I think I'm gonna go with the middle one since it seems the least intrusive. I hope the pulsing energy will still be visible though...   Can't really tell cause some parts are unselected/masked.

Don't need to worry too much about this part since I'm thinking of having the tubes as separate objects in the low poly.S8C1xSF.jpg

Boo

bTXJNX3.png

The 2nd one looks good...

That is beautiful. Middle one looks like it could go with Ash/Ash Prime, who I think is perfect for the Red Veil.

All hail Ash! The edgiest of edgelords.

No Red veil today, finally settled on a Steel Meridian design and I've started doing sketches of the final result and I gotta say, it's looking mighty tasty:

4K1ZK0l.png

JDw1TUW.png

04qNAjf.jpg

I used plenty of Grineer stuff for reference, the Diriga, the Carabus Dethcube skin, the Hellion's backpack and those engine thingies on the Arid units' shoulders and backs.

Will be changing the proportions so that the center is a bit  smaller to emphasize the two jet thingies down the sides

Edited by MaaYuu

Oddly symmetrical for a grineer design. I think they are all about makeshift gear. Those air purifier or whatever they are on the arid grineers back, seems like made from parts of vacuume cleaner and small engines ;0

Oh hey, maybe you can put a camouflage cover over it. With clothe physics? Something that would prevent too much dust from entering and clogging the inlet.

It looks really nice though.

Wait, it is an air purifier right?

One day, we'll get a proper Grineer shell as a syandana. One day...

I wanna play around with this idea, will do it down the line. Someday you'll have your Teenage Mutant Ninja Tenno

Oddly symmetrical for a grineer design. I think they are all about makeshift gear. Those air purifier or whatever they are on the arid grineers back, seems like made from parts of vacuume cleaner and small engines ;0

Oh hey, maybe you can put a camouflage cover over it. With clothe physics? Something that would prevent too much dust from entering and clogging the inlet.

It looks really nice though.

Wait, it is an air purifier right?

I see Grineer as more mass-production and modularity focused, and I think symmetrical objects sort of ties into the one size fits all kind of thing. There's plenty of Grineer gear that only have their camo patterns as the asymmetrical element, and it kinda makes sense for a jetpack to be symmetrical.

Here I;m blocking in the individual parts for the syandana. Still really rough and I need to fix proportions and silhouette:

aPXHCBJ.png

Looks like a jet-powered elephant I might remove the tusks:

9e3dPi9.png8LtnTuj.png

Edited by MaaYuu

Isn't the final concept too similar to the Vaykor Syandana though?

Depends on how far you're willing to stretch the word similar(jk).

I'm just going with what I think is interesting/satisfying to look at, really. Don't care if it's similar to this or that as long as it looks really nice.

Sorry about the lack of updates, this syandana is kicking my butt:

2Z1GMJ2.jpg

Gonna do a bit of cleanup and I'll be doing the fine detailing.

Edited by MaaYuu

Eh, at the end of the day it was my decision to make XD I think that at this point there's already a too much going on and adding fire into the mix would just make it a mess.

Still, it isn't out of the question. I just need to figure out where to put it (Might roll back to the jet powered scorpion tail idea, I'll see how the rest of the syandana looks first).

3w2r4LS.png

my sketch was way off proportion. having serious doubts about the chitinous plating and the hard surface parts aren't looking Tenno at all

Having fun with the infested parts though:

aKyGjRe.png

So, this part might look better if it were sharper, like the blades of the Red Veil's sigils. Oh, and metal, of course.

Edited by AntoineFlemming