Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen Textures-How Did You Do That?

Pendragon1951

I'm hoping other Tenno will contribute their techniques for getting some of the effects that they did to not only teach each other but to inspires all of us to maybe take that technique and either improve on it or help us in our own journey to make better and exciting skins for our community.

I'll start of by explaining how I got the armored front piece on my skin "Durandel Armor"

qkBXkBa.jpg

I found a radiator image that looked like a piece of armor so I took it into photoshop went to image/desaturate and overlayed on top of the diffuse map reducing the opacity so I could position it, then when I had shaped correctly with the warp tool I hid the diffuse layer then used NDO2 to create a normal map from the image. Once that was done I got rid of the diffuse layer and opened the normal map, layed the armor normal map on top of the body normal and set the layer to overlay, I then flattened the layers and saved the new normal map, thus creating the ridged armor front piece.

I hope this helps or inspire others to share their techniques, keep creating Tenno:)