The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mrw I Finish Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Datsher

It was meh for me, but that may be just me, I think it would've helped the show if its audience was a bit more mature :/

While it would have been better by making it more mature and setting the focus towards the clones (not side characters which got little screen time in the movies), I found it to be rather enjoyable.

I don't think the serie got cancelled, it was just ended like it should have.

I found the serie amazing, because we can see more of the clones, and more of sidious' plan, but sadly we get to see way too much of anakin and ahsoka's stuff which was... boring as f...

And we see even more how the jedi are.... so predictable. Kinda lame =/

I wish i could've seen more yoda & mace windu, too bad they were so focused on anakin and his godamn padawan.

The good point is at least we see anakin falling more and more on the dark side.

I don't think the serie got cancelled, it was just ended like it should have.

I found the serie amazing, because we can see more of the clones, and more of sidious' plan, but sadly we get to see way too much of anakin and ahsoka's stuff which was... boring as f...

And we see even more how the jedi are.... so predictable. Kinda lame =/

I wish i could've seen more yoda & mace windu, too bad they were so focused on anakin and his godamn padawan.

The good point is at least we see anakin falling more and more on the dark side.

IIRC they wanted to make three more seasons to the point where it leaves off where the third movie starts. Personally, I liked Ahsoka but just more stuff purely with the clones would have been more interesting. Also something that kind of annoyed me that most Jedi introduced just died shortly before the success of the mission almost like the authors had to get rid of them. 

IIRC they wanted to make three more seasons to the point where it leaves off where the third movie starts. Personally, I liked Ahsoka but just more stuff purely with the clones would have been more interesting. Also something that kind of annoyed me that most Jedi introduced just died shortly before the success of the mission almost like the authors had to get rid of them. 

It's pretty common for jedi to die like they were "sacrifice" to permit the other to escape, which is bullsh*t since they could all have escaped in the first place. But yeah, a lot of jedi die in a bad way, but it would be a bit too "the good guys always win" if some of them didn't die.

And anakin is already annoying, ahsoka being anakin 2.0 is just awful to me.

It's pretty common for jedi to die like they were "sacrifice" to permit the other to escape, which is bullsh*t since they could all have escaped in the first place. But yeah, a lot of jedi die in a bad way, but it would be a bit too "the good guys always win" if some of them didn't die.

And anakin is already annoying, ahsoka being anakin 2.0 is just awful to me.

While it would have been kind of boring for every single one of them to survive, it would have been to not know that every single jedi which is introduced and is not a major character is most likely going to die during the story arc. Imo Ahsoka was still a not that annoying, I also think that it was good to not kill her off (even though that was probably just to put her in Rebels which I do not watch because F*** rebel scum.)

While it would have been kind of boring for every single one of them to survive, it would have been to not know that every single jedi which is introduced and is not a major character is most likely going to die during the story arc. Imo Ahsoka was still a not that annoying, I also think that it was good to not kill her off (even though that was probably just to put her in Rebels which I do not watch because F*** rebel scum.)

Well yeah, i'm rewatching clone wars with my girlfriend (who never watched it) and everytime there is a jedi who isn't important i'm like "look at him, you won't see a lot of him because he'll most likely die soon".

Rebels isn't bad, it's just sad it's turned way more for children... Or at least it looks like it.

And yeah they love to bring back old characters in rebels xD

i'll put this in spoiler just in case.

So far we have ahsoka, rex and 2 other clones (forgot their name but it's not cody) and even hondo ohnaka

I like to see that rex deserted, though if I would've had to guess I would have said he ended up on mandalore with Kal Skirata. Not sure if he is still canon though...Or if any of the republic commando books are still canon

I like to see that rex deserted, though if I would've had to guess I would have said he ended up on mandalore with Kal Skirata. Not sure if he is still canon though...Or if any of the republic commando books are still canon

he didn't desert, he and the 2 other clones removed their brain chip and they just got fired from the army like all the other clones

i'll put this in spoiler just in case.

So far we have ahsoka, rex and 2 other clones (forgot their name but it's not cody) and even hondo ohnaka

The other two clones were Wolfe and Gregor

About Rebels, it's not that bad, it's just more "kid-friendly", but honestly it wouldn't hurt them for the series to lean a bit towards the "dark side". Speaking of...

Them two inquisitors tho

Edited by JaysInc

he didn't desert, he and the 2 other clones removed their brain chip and they just got fired from the army like all the other clones

With "all The other clones" you mean all the others put removed The chip as well, don't you? Because otherwise this wouldn't make sense.

With "all The other clones" you mean all the others put removed The chip as well, don't you? Because otherwise this wouldn't make sense.

You should use "spoiler".

by "all the other clones" i meant those who survived the war and the order 66. They all got expelled from the army, they weren't killed, nor went deserter.

About Rebels, it's not that bad, it's just more "kid-friendly", but honestly it wouldn't hurt them for the series to lean a bit towards the "dark side". Speaking of...

Them two inquisitors tho

You have no idea how amazing it would be to me if we had an animated serie like rebels / clone wars totally free from the saga.

While i like the main characters of rebels, having darth vader around reminds me too much of how lame this character is.

And i really like some of the jedi but sadly the main one is an *ss.

the inquisitors are meh.. they look evil as f*ck but they are so weak. Ezra is totally puny and weak and he still manage to escape from them. Way too often imo

Edited by Trichouette

You should use "spoiler".

by "all the other clones" i meant those who survived the war and the order 66. They all got expelled from the army, they weren't killed, nor went deserter.

sry, was on mobile and too lazy to use bbcode

Gotta say that's a really S#&$ty way to use BATTLE HARDENED ELITE SOLDIERS MADE FROM A BADASS. And I mean this weren't thousand or ten thousand troopers, THERE WERE OVER A @(*()$ MILLION OF THEM. (I know centax 2 clones are much cheaper and were basically just cannon fodder anyway, but still.) Also, doesn't that bite with games like Battlefront 2? I mean, the 501st was "Vader's Fist". But let's not stop there, there were around 2000 clone commandos which were not only made off of a extreme badass but also TRAINED BY EXTREME BADASSES. There were also around 100 arcs which were personally trained by Fett (though most deserted). It just seems like a really really S#&$ty decision to do that.

I really don't know if what I said in that spoiler above is still canon, since it was from the Republic and Imperial Commando books made by Karen Traviss. And I dunno if they are still canon because they were done before this really easy and dumb "they have chips" thing and go with the "they were trained to follow the GAR handbook which contained over 250 orders for every possible scenario.".

sry, was on mobile and too lazy to use bbcode

Gotta say that's a really S#&$ty way to use BATTLE HARDENED ELITE SOLDIERS MADE FROM A BADASS. And I mean this weren't thousand or ten thousand troopers, THERE WERE OVER A @(*()$ MILLION OF THEM. (I know centax 2 clones are much cheaper and were basically just cannon fodder anyway, but still.) Also, doesn't that bite with games like Battlefront 2? I mean, the 501st was "Vader's Fist". But let's not stop there, there were around 2000 clone commandos which were not only made off of a extreme badass but also TRAINED BY EXTREME BADASSES. There were also around 100 arcs which were personally trained by Fett (though most deserted). It just seems like a really really S#&$ty decision to do that.

I really don't know if what I said in that spoiler above is still canon, since it was from the Republic and Imperial Commando books made by Karen Traviss. And I dunno if they are still canon because they were done before this really easy and dumb "they have chips" thing and go with the "they were trained to follow the GAR handbook which contained over 250 orders for every possible scenario.".

Well as you know, the empire expelled all clones.

I guess, since palpatine already doesn't have a big esteem of other humans, he probably have even less for clones. (i'm pretty sure he hates clones, but they were his biggest tool)

It just surprises me he didn't kill all of them.

And also you forgot a point... they were made to age quite fast

The 3 clones we see in rebels are... freaking old already. They don't have hair anymore on the head and their beards are full white. And star wars rebels seems to be 5 years before the episode 4. There are approximately 20 years between star wars 3 and 4, and since rex is probably one of the oldest clone (you know... main character's sidekick grant him quite immortalitah in fight) that means he is born somewhere before star wars 2 and lived up to this cartoon's era. So it makes something like 17 years old, and i don't even count the fact he is probably born a bit BEFORE star wars 2.

17 years old and he look like a grandpa, sidious probably don't want these expensive soldier, he has plenty of citizen to enslave :D

Edited by Trichouette

Well as you know, the empire expelled all clones.

I guess, since palpatine already doesn't have a big esteem of other humans, he probably have even less for clones. (i'm pretty sure he hates clones, but they were his biggest tool)

It just surprises me he didn't kill all of them.

And also you forgot a point... they were made to age quite fast

The 3 clones we see in rebels are... freaking old already. They don't have hair anymore on the head and their beards are full white. And star wars rebels seems to be 5 years before the episode 4. There are approximately 20 years between star wars 3 and 4, and since rex is probably one of the oldest clone (you know... main character's sidekick grant him quite immortalitah in fight) that means he is born somewhere before star wars 2 and lived up to this cartoon's era. So it makes something like 17 years old, and i don't even count the fact he is probably born a bit BEFORE star wars 2.

17 years old and he look like a grandpa, sidious probably don't want these expensive soldier, he has plenty of citizen to enslave :D

Yeah I forgot to mention that centax clones age around 10 times as fast. Also, I am guessing that the expelling thing got canon with disney? Because Jesus Christ Lucas' idea with the chip was already really S#&$ty but this just takes the crown.

Yeah I forgot to mention that centax clones age around 10 times as fast. Also, I am guessing that the expelling thing got canon with disney? Because Jesus Christ Lucas' idea with the chip was already really S#&$ty but this just takes the crown.

I don't see how is this idea "sh*tty", it's rather the only logical explanation.

And where did you see any clone being stormtrooper ?

I don't see how is this idea "sh*tty", it's rather the only logical explanation.

And where did you see any clone being stormtrooper ?

I guess I'm just really used to the changes which were made to the canon. Also, while I know that the imperial army was mostly made up of actual recruits later I recall the 501st still being part of the imperial army and they were clones. 

Also I just think that while it is a "logical" explanation, it's just a really "easy" way out. It doesn't need much explanation (did it get one?). It's just "yeah they were chipped to make sure they kill them.". Before there was the "they were drilled to follow the orders" which is also logical and gives a better explanation for clones who didn't follow order 66. It also shows the feelings they had when they received the order, the anger they felt from the "betrayal" of the jedi. With the chip it was just "good soldiers follow orders. If Lucas had just went with the chips from the start and never left it open I wouldn't even have a problem with it, but coming up with a explanation 10 years later and just saying "they were chipped" is just really cheap.

Also I just think that while it is a "logical" explanation, it's just a really "easy" way out. It doesn't need much explanation (did it get one?). It's just "yeah they were chipped to make sure they kill them.". Before there was the "they were drilled to follow the orders" which is also logical and gives a better explanation for clones who didn't follow order 66. It also shows the feelings they had when they received the order, the anger they felt from the "betrayal" of the jedi. With the chip it was just "good soldiers follow orders. If Lucas had just went with the chips from the start and never left it open I wouldn't even have a problem with it, but coming up with a explanation 10 years later and just saying "they were chipped" is just really cheap.

Well when were they supposed to explain that....?

Also, even "they were drilled to follow the orders", how can you kill the jedi that saved your ! a hundred times ?

Also they could've been "sleeping agent" and the chip is actually here to awake that part of them.

Edited by Trichouette

Well when were they supposed to explain that....?

Also, even "they were drilled to follow the orders", how can you kill the jedi that saved your ! a hundred times ?

Well, imagine you were pledged to the republic and the people you trusted the most betrayed the union you fight for. Wouldn't you just be angry?