Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #63

[DE]Rebecca

Join us this Friday, November 13th for Devstream #63!

Who: The usual suspects will join Rebecca on the couch!

What: We'll be doing a Q&A period with questions from our community plus taking a look at some Work-in-Progress development items!

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us Friday, November 13th at 2 p.m. EST! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on November 13!  Get your questions in!

Edited by [DE]Megan
fixed timezone (EST)

Hello devs, I have been playing Warframe with my wife for 4-5 months on XBOX ONE and i'm MR16, I have 13 kubrows, all sentinels, warframes and their prime versions (cept Frost) and 50% of all weapons. Usually I don't like shooters but I got to say well done.
Onto bussiness. While we enjoy playing Warframe there are some minor things I believe needs to be looked at.

#1 Carrier/Carrier prime, I find it to be a very useful companion in fact... so useful that I find it hard to put down and pick up other companions. 
Can you passively add a small vacuum field to warframes maybe 3-5 Meters Max or add a exilus mod 3 ranks 3-6 meters?

#2 Kubrow eggs, These are hard enough to farm so my question is why is there a 1 egg limit? No other resources have a limit cap.
Can you remove the limit cap on dropped eggs, no need to increase the drop rate.

#3 Kubrows again, The lotus fur pattern is what everyone wants, yet the armors  hides them.
Can we have a toggle show/hide kubrow armor pieces?

#4 Arcwings, The defense missions are very very long, We don't have arcwing variations similar to warframes like frost and limbo to help defend the target, and the heath/shield of defense targets are low.
Any news on if we will get new arcwings soon? Any concepts? Can you please speed up the mission or reduce the the amount of arcwing defense waves from 20 to 10 or 15,  do something.

#5 Endless missions, Whats the deal with the rotations? Why is the rotation A A B C? Im pretty sure in school We are taught A B C.
Can you remove one of the A rotations make it A B C? or simply make it ABCD by adding more loot.

#6 Will you ever release a Dual nikana? I belive it would fit the Wakizashi/Tanto combination, you are using for dual swords better.

Edited by (XB1)Harukin01

It has been 195 days from the time of the last clan leader board event, and even longer since DarkSectors were frozen.

My question is are competitive clans/alliance  a thing of the past or is their something on the horizon for us to participate in?

Edited by --Skitz0--

Question!

We all are expecting this major rebalance pass mentioned long time ago, but I'd like to inquire about few things.

Is everything still balanced by feel? Or was any balancing formula established? Does balance account for weapon cost, ease of use and theoretical damage output?

Will this rebalance affect enemies and their scaling in any way?

It was mentioned that a cold themed melee weapon might be coming. May we have an update on this?

The cerata marks a new, neater, sleeker, and more lethal looking infested weapon aesthetic appearance. Can we and  will we see more weapons that follow this design? More infested weapons in general would be appreciated

When will we see an update to the channeling system? Currently the system VASTLY favors large damage 1 hit weapons, especially the great sword and hammer weapons, due to their efficient channeling (and they restore more health per hit with life strike to save you energy). Even then, we have yet to see a weapon that has any variance in the stats for channeling

Will we see new nikanas? The nikanas EFFECTIVELY have 1 weapon in their class, being their namesake. An interesting suggestion could be a nikana dedicated to channeling that is more efficient or more damaging

Closely related is the possibility of new greatswords. It has been a while since a new one has come (not including the scindo prime since it is a prime and an axe) and a new one would be appreciated

New questions:
Despite the chronological occurrence of reworks, limbo is in the greatest need of a rework. He has yet to even be mentioned. He and nekros (though limbo more so) need more. I, and I know others, still want to see desecrate removed from nekros' base ability set. I personally feel that an entire skill dedicated to RNG is inherently bad to the frame (and as pointed out, it turns him into a stationary spam caster). Limbo is in an even worse state though, so word on there reworks or if there are any basic plans and ideas for these 2 (and others I am sure) would be appreciated

New Question 2: There are quite a few people who have decided to follow the 4 syndicate method. I am one of those people. I love the veil, but sadly I cannot wear their sigil if I want to stay in the positive with suda and hexis. My question is, can we see aesthetic only sigils from syndicates? You can wear them but will not accrue rep from them. Perhaps some end all sigil that costs 100k rep, to show dedication to that syndicate and that you have dedicated yourself to them and is the most extravagant in terms of animation, design, and such but is only aesthetic. For veil, for example, a better sigil that shows their usual animation and perhaps has dynamic flames on the sigil? Meaning their are flames on the edge of the sigil that move and dance on your frame, with more noticeable animations. Basically, a way to wear a syndicate sigil that is meant to show the utmost dedication to said syndicate. Though, badges would be nice too.

Another question relating syndicates, will we see sentinel and kubrow mods from syndicates? Like a mod that might give each kubrow a bit of x kind of damage, a syndicate effect, and such. Another possibility, kubrow (and when they come cavat) fur patterns that are unique to that syndicate. Perhaps even color patterns, or kubrow prints from the syndicate. It could help add another layer to kubrows and syndicates alike

Final new question. Related to syndicate, and I am sure many other people have asked about this, will we see syndicate armors? Brief and simple question

End of series of new questions

More questions to come

Joke questions

Can we have viking stuff? Like viking helmets, viking axes, or Surtur's sword of the sun of dead gods

Edited by Surtur

I STRIKE YET AGAIN

1) Will past Prime Warframes be getting redesigned to bring them up to the visual quality of the most recent ones? For example, Frost Prime is lacking much of the metallic decorations the other primes have, to the point you need to use the Frost Prime helmet for any easily noticeable change to the metallic color.

2) Is there going to be Syndicate Melee and armor? If so, how close are we to getting them?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/535440-wipenemy-character-mob-concept-tengus-and-the-akushin-armada-10-another-tldr/?p=6016712

Please review the above.

- can we get more info about the Archer frame?

- can you also take a look at this suggestion? It has to do with the Chat overhaull: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/546167-pm-delivering/?p=6133653

Thank you!

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur

Any more news on Kavats/Catbrows? We haven't heard much about them in a little while, and I'm sure many of us are curious as to how they coming along.

Actually, any possible news regarding companions in general? AI changes, upcoming features, abilities, interactions, equipment (especially with the introduction of the Prime Collar), etc.?

Edited by Vyrnaazus

Does the team have any plans to add in more Oddities to search for to unlock more lore in the codex? If so, any ETA?

Also, will kavats be getting upgraded ai- different from the ai that kubrows have now. If so, will kubrows also be getting this ai, a separate upgraded ai, or retain their current ai?

Edited by Stratego89

1: Are relays still gonna have clans and specific statues?

2: SNIOPERS, man I love them, but does DE love them? (Rework still happening?) <3

3: Will mod drain for certan things be looked at? Many players find Archwing mods and Kubrows drain a lot, considering how many R10 ones there are. 

Edited by oceano4