Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #63

[DE]Rebecca

Will there ever be OS X or Linux versions of Warframe? What is holding back development if not (not the numbers, I've heard that reasoning for a billion different games, I want to know the technical issues)? As someone whose laptop is a MacBook it can be rather frustrating when I can't play Warframe when away from home.

Q: With the Umbra Prime  coming, will we ever gat an upgrade to the foundry system that lets you take normal weapons/warframe and upgrade them to Prime? 

Example: From your previous Warframe be it Prime or Normal a system that would let you upgrade your warframe into that state like how you upgrade some of the new weapons that can even have a Rank restriction too if you wish to...The Orokin Lab could hold such research, So ALL can benefit or at least have a chance to get all their favorite Warframe Umbra Prime of course, you could buy it in store, prep ready and built so you don't sacrifice your max warframe and of course Excalibur would have to jump from its normal version to the Umbra making it more expensive to built, unless you add Prisma as a Sub form of Prime, but would respect the exclusiveness of the Founders relic, though I highly doubt they sacrifice it to make it Umbra. So if release, it be a Next Stage of evolution for the Warframe beyond prime it could even be applied to the prime weapons...

NOTE:The question comes because it seems that all this new skins and warframes seem to have some tiny differences, stats boost or passive from its original counter parts making the older ones obsolete...

OR: Are we ever going to see a real difference in the tactics and function of weapons and warframe base on its *Model* (basic, Prisma, Prime, Umbra, etc.)?

NOTE: I this is near impossible and would add tons of work on the tons of work DE has. But seeing in from a good perspective it would add so much to the game in terms of depth, tactic, preference or even more options... since for example if we would have 4 standard models: basic, Prisma, Prime, Umbra...each with the same powers but different functions (like what the Augment Mods does with some powers) that means you have basically 25 x 4 of each warframe but different flavor... not to mention if you decide to apply a mix to it with the new complex cosmetic skins Like Proto, Temple etc...and from there you can even assign roles like Prisma powers are controller/healer, Prime Defensive, Umbra Ofensive...type

Oh, I got carried away... sorry DE but its been questions in my mind for a long time since that we are basically farming for the same thing only to get looks and a bit of stat boost specially now that we will get Umbra... I'm sure [DE]Rebecca can edit it a bit if she see that this question has relevant value to the stream. :P

Q: In the U18, are we getting a new warframe? (PLEASE SAY STALKER BLUPRINTS FOR HIS WARFRAME!!!!PLEEAAAASE...*ehem* I mean Stalker warframe blueprint or Archwing would be nice to see and get... :3)

Edited by 0zryel

Steve cant dodge my questions forever! IM THE CRAZY VOLT GUY FROM TWITTER

and my question is when the heck are we getting volt's rework ans what are the thoughts o it? I have a big thread about it that the community loves and actively participates in

Hey guys. I wanna start off by saying that I've been into Warframe since Oberon was new, and I love this game with a passion.

That said... I've noticed as time has passed, and with the implementations of new things to make the game more interesting and more diverse, that with so many options available... There is no real Specialty in a lot of cases. Now, before Steve says "That's a bunch of bullS#&$", please, hear me out:

When I started playing, many frames were in great cirulation of use. Ember did a lot of damage, Volt was right beside her with his 1, in starting levels, and he as a melee fighter was great (while charge attacks were still a thing, mind you), Rhino was super tanky, and Saryn was a heavy mage. However... as time has gone, things have gotten less clear as to what they should be. As in... The grakata. Is it supposed to be a crit gun or status? The same question for the Hek.

And what role are certain frames supposed to play? Because frames like Zephyr seem more like fun screw-around frames than actually being useful, or Rhino, who honestly best serves as a damage buffer/ crowd controller now. And what of Saryn? She has debuffs and melee strengths, but... she can't support them against many things in T4 (Not just endless, but things like Exterminate)

TL;DR What happened to weapons and suits being special for a niche, rather than "Good/bad gun/suit"? It doesn't feel like player choice anymore... it feels like a treasure hunt for the meta.

Question 1: The machete is an aweful weapon, low damage, low speed, and clunky attack animations. I got it for a pirate themed hydroid but it failed. Can we replace it with a scimitar whice would be a cross breed between heavy blades and normal blades, but less damage than heavy blades and more speed? Less speed than normal blades and more damage? Maybe wider wider two hand swings wisome spins or something.  Question 2: : Are there ANY plans for a Hydroid Prime? Or at least a re-work of him? I think he sometimes works as a good support frame as I tried to show in videos but his abilities need a buff. It only knocks enemies down but hardly does damage to high-level enemies. At least give him an outfit resembling a blackbeard outfit. I feel that he is an extraordinarily unique characters but he needs some DE love. Thanks, and I appreciate how you guys always lend us an ear

With the coming soon update to the solarmap(i hope), and the Dev/Game capabilities of providing flexible missions, it would be cool, if players CANT enter VOID or Derelikt direktly, instead player can only choose normal mission, but every mission has a chance to have a portaldevice with a random link to a VOID or Derlikt mission. Maybe there is a chance of a caturetarget in every mission in addition. Player could finish the mission normally or try to capture the target , which would give the team a keycard to open a otherwise closed door to get to the portal. When the team would enter the portal room all fighting would stop for 100 sec and invites would be allowed and then team could enter the VOID or Derelikt.

Shortversion:

Players cant enter Void or Derelikt direktly.

Every mission has a chance of a portalroom/archwing to the Void or Derelikt.

I don't normally ask questions, but I wonder if this one could be a possibility...  So here goes!

Q: Is it possible that some kind of truce system could be implemented with Syndicates?  Say you gain 100k rep with any particular syndicate and, instead of buying something like keys or weapons to trade, you purchase a 'truce recommendation' among their rewards list and as a result your relationship with opposing syndicates opens up for friendlier options.

Say for instance you're a Meridian supporter and 100k rep will cause a 30 day truce between them and the Perrin.  This means you can get further Meridian rep without it having a detrimental affect with Perrin rep, enabling the more diplomatic Tenno among us to branch out and secure good relations with all of the syndicates.  This in turn will give us another reason to earn rep and at the same time it gives players the incentive to play more to 'keep the balance healthy' between syns.

Edited by Aikurisu

Codex hunter here i have some problems whit the Codex, small and big :3

Q1: why is Lanx in "Objects" and not inn >Wild< like the Kubrow and Desert Skate. its a small problem for me but it is a problem :3

Q2: why is Frontier Eviscerator Eximus so rare? do i take the wrong missions or is it just my luck that i dont get to see him agend cos hes my last enemy to scan on the Grineer.

enyway i like the codex so i hope we can get allot more addet :3

BoL; Kyonsan

Quantum badge ... give me ... now

please

Since now you have motion capture studio, could you add more epicness to regular missions with short cutscenes like:

Assassins arrival

Boss intro - outro

Missions start/end varriation

Also add random events / side quest / optional objectives, multiple during mission to add variety

My english is terrible in the morning omg

1 question

After I collect about all the warframe, weapons, and primed things, this game is getting boring.

Could u add some more things like a rank in PVE missions, so i could show off my grades.

Just like how long people solo T4s or how many waves a team defend in T4D.

My questions are:

#1 Kubrou not useful right now - it is faster to kill enemy with ability or weapon. They have poor AI. When this gonna change?

#2 Odonata got worst abilities right now. When this gonna change?

#3 After we saw your rework for Saryn, should we expect Archer gonna be good enough?

#4 Any news about new modes in void or its surrogate?

#5 Rewards for alerts and invations must be increased, when this gonna happen?

Edited by Nihuase

Q: Are there any ideas regarding the NPCs found aboard the relays? As it is, they're pretty much lifeless, and perhaps adding some dialogue to them will help bring them more to life (like in Mass Effect, the NPCs have conversations, and will sometimes address the player if we eavesdrop on their conversation). Will you consider hosting another voice-acting contest for the players to add to the people in the relays?

Q: Also regarding the relays, there are only guards and members of the various syndicates, so where are the colonists/miners/workers we sometimes risk ourselves to rescue? Where are the refugees from the constant conflict between the factions?

1) Will Eximus units get more diverse drop table? Like increased drop chance of mods their non-eximus variants have or warframe parts apart from Oberon.

2) When Codex will get more love? It's far less useful than it can be. 

3) Will you improve the Syndicates? Maybe some quest line for every of them with unique rewards and more original death squads than a crowd of bullet sponge eximus units. 

Edited by Necrius

Player limit remove for trial/raid. Change puzzles to accommodate solo, 2 player and 3. Like change up stage two puzzles, for solo i imagine like pushing buttons in order that it flashes or put a long list or just keep same but allow solo to move around but touching wrong is hurts a lot and for other part have where he or she must press all pads to release electric trap.

Any new archwing types or customs for weaponry?

Will warframes or weaponry get see able augments like for example on tiberon they can add a segment they found in the system or void and once attached it gives better stats to tiberon and making it look more flashy. Kinda like arcane but noticable augments like dead space 3 did or army of two.

How is the liset able to make the mantis? Its a huge ship do we leave the parts somewhere in space and comback from time to time?

Some weeks ago I saw steve show a new texture design callef 3d sk

Something where certain walls look verypolished, will console be able tp handle?

Vibration quality on console needs to better tuned and there needs to be more.

Geoff, how much are you enjoying the mocap? I thought you needed a screen for mocap as well or the funny suits? Sorry I don't know much on game developing

May you guys please add a disclaimer during the first loading screen of warframe saying "this game is free to play, however, we have paid content at your discretion" or something like that so people would stop yelling in region "this aint free to play its pay to play" because they didnt bother to look around or ask or just automatically bought plat priced stuff

I have all quests finished and almost all levels completed except the trial lor. Is there anyway to get the tenno message to appear? Been trying a lot of loadings but never shows up for me or is there something different about those who never see it?

Edited by (PS4)Killerworld