Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Spamming

aoguro

warframe is full now with ember's 4th ability_spammers, hitting 4, running and thats it ... mostly in the lower levels as well as it is not the best example how to play warframe for the newer players

that ember prime is off the void and horrible expensive in the tradechat is no excuse ^^)

looks like ember get the missused role saryn have had

i dont like to mention that as well as its a simple truth

too many do that now and i hope for a good rework and stop of this "missusablity", its no fun ... and according to the lore of ember she deserves something "better" as what happens now

as said, i dont really like to go into that as well as it has to be mentioned, seen and im pleased to the devs for a change

how is your expirience with that, players ?

So Ember has both damage and CC and isn't utterly useless?

OH NO SHE'S TOO STRONK

Seriously people, get your head out of this mindset of complaining about every frame you don't like.

Ember is fun. She's got damage and CC and therefore can actually scale.

Just because she can actually do something above level 40 enemies, doesn't mean she's being "misused".

She went from being nearly useless to being a frame that is fun, scales well, and doesn't have as many modding problems. 

Do you want her to go back to being one of the worst frames? Do you want any frame you don't like to be nerfed to the ground?

warframe is full now with ember's 4th ability_spammers, hitting 4, running and thats it ... mostly in the lower levels as well as it is not the best example how to play warframe for the newer players

And what is this? There's tons of warframes that can breeze through low level missions.

Difference between Ember and the old Saryn is that she's more than just a 1-button frame.

Accellerant has CC and boosts your fire damage. 

Fire Blast is a decent way of knocking down everything away.

Fireball is decent for reloading moments.

Edited by XxCurtennoxX

If they change Ember again, get ready for Equinox ult spam.

Hell at low levels, it can be done with Oberon, Mag, Saryn (still), Volt, and others.

Ash can do it at high levels.

I'm not disagreeing with you, more pointing out that players will always find the next best way.

Has been this way since Corrupted Mods were introduced that let us have +145% range, +75% efficiency, +199% duration, etc.

It is a problem, I just think the cause is elsewhere (Derelict vaults).

For weeks and months, the community have cried and begged for an Ember buff, 'cause she was bad.

And DE fixed her, yes fix, just by alternating one simple feature of her WoF, no, no, not a buff, a tweak.

Suddenly, blatant fools declare Ember as, 'Overpowered', 'Too Spammy', 'Booty's too nice', etc.

---

Ember has the convenience of filling a niche role of low-level ease, in which most damage frames are also capable of pulling off. Bring her to anything remotely mid-level Void runs, and WoF merely tickles enemies. 

She does accurately as her lore/biodata describes, she burns stuff. I'm not sure where you're going with this?

Edited by SeraIngvir

She's really fun as a max range CC frame. Accellerant and Firequake make for some great CC.

But no no, even that makes Ember too op, of course.

She doesn't even kill enemies that well with a full strength accelerant WoF build imo(I may be doing wrong) she is already hard to mod well and she isn't Saryn or mesa instant nuke and aimbot everything with no effort

It does damage over time to enemies nearby, more or less. That's essentially what it does. It doesn't nuke, it doesn't hard CC the map and its damage is comparatively low and has almost no scaling whatsoever.

So it's not a problem. Ability spam & channeled abilities are only a problem when they're above-average in effectiveness.

Ember is basically a glass cannon, she is designed that way and most play her that way. She is meant to have great offensive and cc capability at the expense of high armor and health. If you compare the damage she does to high level opponents in end game missions to her lack of durability then if Ember needs anything it's a buff. In my opinion, Ember fulfills the role she was designed for fairly well. If you take down her offense then she doesn't have much of anything.

Ember is ALMOST good, she needs a tweak/buff in her 3, and most definitely to have Fire Fright augment embedded in base power. 

Don't ruin it.  I even think WoF's CC is too dinky, since it is one enemy at a time. It should be area blast galore. If enemies are fast enough, or a re jumbled/stuck, WoF blast even misses it. 

Definitely not too strong. 

Almost good enough. Still needs a few adjustments upwards

Ok. I see these all the time no matter which frame, what ability, or whatever else has been done to change something. I know there is a big rift in the community about whether or not things are changed to be balanced or are (god forbid use the word) nerfed. But I think the OP has hit on something that a lot of players tend to overlook. The difference between what a new player needs to learn and has to use vs. what a veteran player needs to stay engaged in the game. 

Before this tweak to Ember, mine was already modded and forma'd to use how I saw fit and yes, WoF was a big part of it. Why? Am I lazy? Do I only want to press 4 to win? Do I want to take away any other player's kills/fun/understanding of how to do things? The answer to all of this is a big NO. Having completed my star chart, the things left for me to do are running raids/voids and farming for items in between content launches. To which any veteran player can attest, no matter how much you love the game, running the same things over and over again get old, quickly. So the need to be able to "blow through" some of these missions is an absolute necessity if DE hopes to maintain a loyal fan base. If I had to grind everything now the same way I did when I was a new player with little gear/mods/weapons, I can tell you now I would not have stayed around this long. 

So in short, yes, there are going to be frames that are definitely good at speed runs through low level stuff or even mid level stuff because it is needed. Honestly, the problem is not any of the frames or abilities, its the lack of communication and unrealistic expectations in a game where people join random squads and expect everyone to play the same way they do. The easiest fix? Communicate your intent prior to mission (looking for medallions, still learning can we go slow, need kills for affinity boost, or whatever), and if you drop in and someone is already there, respect what they are doing (within reason of course, leechers and afkers aside), and help out or extract when you have the chance if its not for you. 

My $ .02 anyway.