Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Spamming

aoguro

damn, why do people love throwing the N-word around here?

Ember is fine as she is. if you have a problem with people speed-running lower levels as Ember, then don't play Public. do stuff on your own. you don't HAVE to play with these people.

so many problems can be solved yourself if you just switch Matchmaking to Solo. it's the "Godsend Button"

For weeks and months, the community have cried and begged for an Ember buff, 'cause she was bad.

And DE fixed her, yes fix, just by alternating one simple feature of her WoF, no, no, not a buff, a tweak.

Suddenly, blatant fools declare Ember as, 'Overpowered', 'Too Spammy', 'Booty's too nice', etc.

---

Ember has the convenience of filling a niche role of low-level ease, in which most damage frames are also capable of pulling off. Bring her to anything remotely mid-level Void runs, and WoF merely tickles enemies.

She does accurately as her lore/biodata describes, she burns stuff. I'm not sure where you're going with this?

This^

Edited by SuperGeneric

Lol and here we go again. The single most predictable response to the Saryn "re-work", and it's not even the first.

Roll up, roll up for the nerf merry go round, next up, by popular demand, it Ember.

Why don't DE just cut to the chase, scrap all abilities and rename the game CODframe. It's the only thing that will shut these whiny little killjoys up.

warframe is full now with ember's 4th ability_spammers, hitting 4, running and thats it ... mostly in the lower levels as well as it is not the best example how to play warframe for the newer players

that ember prime is off the void and horrible expensive in the tradechat is no excuse ^^)

looks like ember get the missused role saryn have had

i dont like to mention that as well as its a simple truth

too many do that now and i hope for a good rework and stop of this "missusablity", its no fun ... and according to the lore of ember she deserves something "better" as what happens now

as said, i dont really like to go into that as well as it has to be mentioned, seen and im pleased to the devs for a change

how is your expirience with that, players ?

Too bad they already reworked Ember to make her viable again. Too bad so sad for you.

It's low levels, of course everything dies easily. What's there not to understand?

Literally any warframe with AoE ability that deals damage can clear rooms effortlessly in low levels. Ash, Banshee, Equinox, Frost, Limbo, Mag, Mirage, Oberon, Rhino, Saryn, Volt...etc.

Hek, even Ignis alone can melt enemies better than some frames.

Only difference is Ember and Equinox (which surprisingly you didn't mention) have to press the button once whereas others have to press it multiple times.

Ember is absolutely not fine. Her damage is strong enough, her AoE is big enough, and her energy cost is low enough that she has no rival when it comes to clearing enemies out of missions on the star chart. Once you toggle it on, all you need to do is collect energy orbs from the things you kill while sprinting through the level. If something doesn't die immediately, accelerant will do the job. This is arguably an even worse position than Mesa and Saryn were in pre-nerf.

Things should not be balanced around level 200 enemies. The star chart is ultimately the core part of the game.

Dude....this ember #4 rework has been requested by many people long time ago...back then most of us would say ember is useless & weak...

Now you want to revert her back again??! So basically, if you see a weak useless frame, you will ask for buff, but then after buff you find it too op

You want it to be nerf...MAKE UP YO MIND DOOOD!!!

And when all the frames get nerfed.. Get ready for " SYNOID SIMULOR CLEARS WHOLE ROOM WITH TWO SHOOTS AMAGAWD NERF! IGNIS KILLS WHOLE GROUPS OF TRASH MOBS THROUGH THE WALLS AMAGAWD NERF!" " LEFT CLICK TO WIN "

Edited by Tacritan

Is it annoying? Sure. Is it op in the levels of Saturn and below? What frame isn't when modded?

Your options:

1. Set matchmaking to anything other than "Public"

2. Pre-make a group that lacks Ember to avoid the possibility of World on Fire being an issue

3. Take a break and play another game.

And people cry that removing duration from Nekros is bad....when it'd be totally avoidable the same ways..

Ember is absolutely not fine. Her damage is strong enough, her AoE is big enough, and her energy cost is low enough that she has no rival when it comes to clearing enemies out of missions on the star chart. Once you toggle it on, all you need to do is collect energy orbs from the things you kill while sprinting through the level. If something doesn't die immediately, accelerant will do the job. This is arguably an even worse position than Mesa and Saryn were in pre-nerf.

Things should not be balanced around level 200 enemies. The star chart is ultimately the core part of the game.

And valkyr's invincibility is fine? I love valkyr and her buff but lets not be biased. (Im assuming you're a valkyr player)

Literally give the devs a break ffs

Yeah OP, too much feedback and the devs may collectively commit suicide from the ensuing, crippling depression caused by the realization that their first attempt at a fix wasn't literally perfect.

And valkyr's invincibility is fine? I love valkyr and her buff but lets not be biased. (Im assuming you're a valkyr player)

Valkyr is horribly broken and probably even worse than Ember.

I use ember on Earth excavations and hit 4 and it stays on.  Period.

Why?

Once again, I (we) have to farm Void keys by the 100's because of an RNG system, drop tables, drop chances, and part dilution that is so terrible I'm forced to run the same missions over and over 40-50 to infinity times only to have a jar filled to the rim with forma blueprints like spare change.

Oh wait, not done.  I have to go back and farm keys over and over and over just so I can go back and get bent by RNG again.

Excavation is fun, the first 5 maybe 10 times you play it.  When you get to repeating missions in the triple digits.  It's not so much fun anymore.

Ya I'm going to do the farming piece as quickly and easily as possible because I'm jaded and pissed off at that point.

Mag Greedy pull previously.....Ember WoF today.....insert different warframe tomorrow.

Low level easy mode.

The star chart is ultimately the core part of the game.

And there lies a MAJOR issue. Fact is, it isn't. Once a player completes the star chart, how much of it do they really play outside of alerts/new quests/syndicate missions/etc.? The core part of the game is raid/void farming once you've reached a certain point in the game. If you are on the star chart, chances are you are farming for a resource or Kubrow egg. So how do you achieve balance without being OP when you need things that make it efficient to farm for veterans? Which as a company you need to do because you do  not want to alienate your loyal fan base by making it so difficult that they end up leaving. It's always going to be a catch 22.

Edited by (PS4)CowboyJeff72