Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Shimmering Light In The Dark Sector [IC, Invite Only, 18+]

Denny2669

Welcome to Lasria.

Chapter 1: A Meeting of Ghosts

It begins a few days after the events of Dark Sector, your character has been infected with the technocyte virus and now you are banned from the outside world, treated as an outcast and a monster, trying to survive in the nation of Lasria.

You found a broadcast on a radio saying that theres shelter for you and your kind in a nearby church, you make your way there, hoping it's not a trap.

It's evening, the sky is clear and the area seems calm, the infection has scared away most of the army from the area.

There are two ways to the church, the main entrance from the right, though there's a large gate that would need some strength to open, and the graveyard from the left which has been overrun. (It's your choice which way you go).

The man on the radio broadcast said that anyone infected and sane should come to the church and that there's no need for fear or hostility, he also claimed to be infected himself.

Edited by Denny2669

Dmitri Markovic.

Once he was a Lasiran Army Medic, Now he's hunted by the same men whom he healed. He sighed and looked to his two metallic encrusted hands, sighing and shaking his head "Bloody irony" replied Dmitri as he slowly got up from a chair he was sitting on. He'd been hiding out in an old hotel building that had been a few meters away from the church where sanctuary was said to be given.

Dmitri couldn't risk staying here, he had to find safety. He picked up his Tekna from the table across, loading it and pocketing the remaining clips he had with him before holstering it in his thigh holster as well as his Striker shotgun loading it with the shells he had on him as well as grabbing some arcaneness bandages and medical supplies just incase, Once he was finished, he began to make his way out to get to the church gate. 

The Technocyte in his body had made him tougher to kill and even more stronger than he was when he was human. The fact he was still sane was a remarkable feat.

Edited by Drakeardian

Seerena was walking around the concert building she performed in a few days ago when she heard the message she had to put the radio to really loud to even hear it and part of her  was afraid that the infested would here it. When she heard the message about a shelter she jumped in the air of happyness.

She walks to the stage where she performed on a few days ago noticing her damaged violin laying on the ground.

She felt emotions flooding her mind when she saw it. "No i need to stay calm." She said to herself quickly walking to the exit.

Before leaving the building she let a dagger grow out of her infected arm inspecting it closely.

"Sigh this disease is horrible but atleast i can defend myself now." 

She quickly makes her way to the gate when she notices another one of her kind. she hurried after him.

"H...hey wait up!"

Something smelled foul. Probably everything.

The area had been firebombed sometime before. The house he woke up in was lucky; only a single wall had collapsed, and most rooms still had a ceiling.

Metallic insects thrived where people once lived. Their colonies were constantly expanding, with hundreds of each kind roaming about and enjoying their rich surroundings. Enormous hives could be built here, their primitive yet trustworthy instincts told them. Eat and breed.

He woke up thanks to the simultaneous bite of a few dozen bugs. Some were still attached: he had found clothes and had tried to tear the insects away from his body, but a determined few were still there. They dug into his flesh, but now...

He stopped pacing. The bugs no longer hurt - oddly enough, he couldn't feel them scurrying around anymore, either. In fact, he felt much better than ever before. He was almost feeling upbeat about his situation until he caught himself salivating at the thought of eating those same bugs, at which point he was downcast again.

Hungry for insects... not the strangest thing that's happened, he thought as he looked at his hands one more time, then glanced at the dark sky outside the shattered window. He wondered whether he'd see any helicopters, but the heavens were empty. This was supposed to take a few days at the most...

His thoughts wandered back to the radio and what it had told him. A church... most churches had kitchens, didn't they?

"Screw it." Kenneth Takano spoke aloud, picking up the handheld radio and pulling the hoodie up. His mandibles clicked decisively. "There's no way in hell that I'm going to eat bugs."

Seerena was walking around the concert building she performed in a few days ago when she heard the message she had to put the radio to really loud to even hear it and part of her  was afraid that the infested would here it. When she heard the message about a shelter she jumped in the air of happyness.

She walks to the stage where she performed on a few days ago noticing her damaged violin laying on the ground.

She felt emotions flooding her mind when she saw it. "No i need to stay calm." She said to herself quickly walking to the exit.

Before leaving the building she let a dagger grow out of her infected arm inspecting it closely.

"Sigh this disease is horrible but atleast i can defend myself now." 

She quickly makes her way to the gate when she notices another one of her kind. she hurried after him.

"H...hey wait up!"

Dmitri quickly spun around, pointing his shotgun at the voice, shouting in Russian "Halt! Who goes there?!"  his arms were covered by his turtle-neck jumper but his left sleeve was raised to his elbow.

He noticed the woman with a dagger in her arm, the dagger, her arm, her face screamed she was like him, he slowly lowered his shotgun "Who are you? Are you here because of the church?" asked Dmitri as he looked to the woman.

Cyriann

Once the broadcast ended, I jumped on my feet, having a burst of electricity bursting out and frying the radio I was listening to. I had lived for a few month on my own and had gotten a certain grip out of what I could do.

I stopped thinking, I needed to move, packing up what I had left of my belongings, my phone, protected in a plastic waiting for the moment I could use it again, a few clothes and a photo of my friends.

I then bursted in speed boosted run toward my new destination, a hope to meet peoples that would not try to kill me, and a hope to maybe learn more of my state and how to get rid of it. I ran a few minutes to stop in front of a huge gate, it was blocking my way to the church, I called up, waiting for an answer yet after a few minutes I was sure no had either heard me or simply no one was around.

“Well, seems like I’m gonna have to try to brute force my way through that gate.” I thought, trying to surge energy in my arm before striking one of the doors. My punch connected and I felt a huge pain, yelling up a second I held my arm.

“F**k! That door is tough! Fine then, let’s take a few steps back…” I backed off 10 meters positioning myself in a starting position before yelling “And see how this handles a dash punch!” Pumping all I had in my legs launching myself at full speed toward the door positioning my arm to shield me a bit from the upcoming impact.

Edited by Cyriann

Dmitri quickly spun around, pointing his shotgun at the voice, shouting in Russian "Halt! Who goes there?!"  his arms were covered by his turtle-neck jumper but his left sleeve was raised to his elbow.

He noticed the woman with a dagger in her arm, the dagger, her arm, her face screamed she was like him, he slowly lowered his shotgun "Who are  ? Are you here because of the church?" asked Dmitri as he looked to the woman.

Seerena looked a bit confused and scared.

"You got to speak louder." She calmly says waving to her damaged ear.

Edited by kyrozon

The gate was leading to the Church yard which leads to the Church entrance, it was stuck and very heavy, but with some effort it could be opened.

The area seemed calm, no infected around, like if it was cleaned. Burned corpses of infected and soldiers were scattered around, unfortunately, they didn't seem to have anything on them besides broken weapons and torn clothes. Gun shots could be heard, although very, very distant.

Also smoke seemed to come out of the churches roof, indicating that there probably is someone in there, judging by how all other fires have loong died out.

Seerena looked a bit confused and scared.

"You got to speak louder." She calmly says waving to her damaged ear.

Dmitri perked his eyebrow at the woman, then spoke a bit more louder, approaching the woman closer to make his voice more prominante "Are you here because of the church!" he was still speaking Russian, he wondered if the woman did know russian or he'd have to resort to his english.

Dmitri perked his eyebrow at the woman, then spoke a bit more louder, approaching the woman closer to make his voice more prominante "Are you here because of the church!" he was still speaking Russian, he wondered if the woman did know russian or he'd have to resort to his english.

Seerena still seemed confused.

"Can you speak english?" She asks looking of to the church noticing the smoke.

Edited by kyrozon

Seerena still seemed confused.

"Can you speak english?" She asks looking of to the church noticing the smoke.

He was right about one thing, She didn't speak Russian. Dmitri sighed in an annoyed tone then said, still with his voice raised to help with the woman's hearing. "Are you here because of the church? The transmission?" he replied in somewhat perfect English. He took a moment to look over the woman for a moment.

Aside from that dagger, she didn't look like she had a weapon nor did she look like she was a soldier, that dress she wore looked more suitable for a movie star. 

He was right about one thing, She didn't speak Russian. Dmitri sighed in an annoyed tone then said, still with his voice raised to help with the woman's hearing. "Are you here because of the church? The transmission?" he replied in somewhat perfect English. He took a moment to look over the woman for a moment.

Aside from that dagger, she didn't look like she had a weapon nor did she look like she was a soldier, that dress she wore looked more suitable for a movie star. 

"Yes i'm here because the church."Seerena replies looking at the gate. "Any idea how we can open this gate?"

One thing that would be notiable is that the handle of another dagger seemed to poke out of her elbow.

Edited by kyrozon

As Cyriann connects with the door, he can feel a considerable amount of pain, but luckily no serious wounds. The door did budge a bit however, only a couple more smashes and it would open enough for him to squeeze trough. But he may notice that the wall beside the gate seems climbable.

He may also notice some loud voices coming from the other side of the church, but hard to put it in words. Kinda sounded like a man and woman arguing. If he didn't pick this side of the church, he would probably be part of that conversation.

Luckily, Dimitris and Seerenas loud conversiation didn't seem attract any unwanted attention. They could push the door open if Dimitri is as strong as he looks.

Dmitri looked to the doors then woman for a moment then motioned for her to stand back as he holstered his Shotgun in the holster under his makeshift cloak and grabbed the bars, of the gate for a moment, he braced himself for a moment before starting to push the gate, using all his strength from his technocyte riddled arms to bring the doors to open up.

He was damned if he had made it all this way so far and not be able to push open a set of doors he couldn't breach with his new-found powers.

Edited by Drakeardian

Jogging felt good. Relaxing, even.

Back in the United States, Ken had made a hobby out of it. Waking up in the middle of the night for no reason? Jogging. Feeling tired from having been cooped up doing office work? Jogging. Feeling a bit depressed after having heard of another friend MIA? Jogging.

Running was an escape back then, it was an escape now. His pace was quick and steady - much quicker than he was used to, but he grew accustomed to his newfound ability. Perhaps there were other tricks to this new body of his...

No infected around, though plenty of corpses. Ken kept his mind focused on the church instead, but his brow creased in worry at the sight of movement nearby. He really didn't like dealing with Infested up close, but he kept going.

He was feeling a bit sore by the time he got to the church's door. There was somebody else there - maybe a Howler? His body tensed in anticipation, and he called out in Russian.

"Is this shelter?"

Dimitris strength pushed heavily on the gate, budging it ever so slightly, until finally... the gate was open! 

Upon opening the gate they could see the church yard, to the left of the gate was the church entrance, the doors were closed but it was unknown if they were locked or not. 

On the opposite side of the yard was the gate that leads to the grave yard, there were undoubtedly some infected there, and it sounded like one was trying to get trough, although not very successful at budging the gate.

On the left side from the gate were some benches and more dead bodies of soldiers, and some burned trees in the middle of the yard.

Infront of the gate Dimitri opened was a broken hyena mech, damaged beyond repair with one of it's legs at the other side of the yard.

Seerena seemed to freeze for a second when hearing the infested before seemingly reflectifly pulling the dagger still in her arm loose letting out a cry of pain. "We should get inside before they breaknthrough." Seerena said trying to pull herself togheter again.

Dmitri looked at the Mech for a moment before removing his shotgun then taking Seerena by the arm "Come on." he replied as he quickly got her inside and closed the gate, taking a moment to use the Hyena Mech as a barricade in-front of the door, once that was dealt with, Dmitri looked abut before looking to Seerena, pulling out his Tekna and offering it to her by the hilt.

"Do you know how to use a g-" but Dmitri heard a voice call out from somewhere near, he quickly called out in Russian "Hallo?! Is someone here?!" he yelled as best as he could, keeping his Tekna in his hand as he watched for any infected close by.

Edited by Drakeardian

Ken walked into the church yard, keeping an eye on the now barricaded area. He turned to the large man, trying to remember his tuition on Russian language.

"I was behind you." He kept his distance. "You are not one of beasts?"

Edited by Achaix

Dmitri turned around, pointing his shotgun at the new arrival, he quickly lowered his shotgun and sighed, annoyed "If I was, we would not be conversing." he replied "Are you here for the church? the transmission?" asked the man as he looked to Seerena, offering his Tekna to her. "Do you know how to handle a gun miss?" he asked, still with his voice raised to accommodate her hearing and speaking in English for her linguistic needs.

Edited by Drakeardian

I slammed into the door a rush of pain coursing through my arm “Damn! That hurts!” I shouted again cursing my luck, the door had moved, but it would imply for me to contort a lot and pray my luck that no infected would come and try to kill me.

I decided to think back on that idea, instead I decided to take my blade out and try to get a cut in the door, I paused, holding my blade on my shoulder with my right hand and gave another shout.

“Is there anyone here?! I’m trying to go through the graveyards gate! Can anybody help?!”

I was hoping to hear someone answer me, so that I would not have to repair that gate afterward.

Seerena grabbed the gun out of Dmitri's hand spinning it around in her hand.

"I know how to handle them although it has been a long time since i last used them." She said. "Do you have spare magazines for it?"

Edited by kyrozon

Surprisingly, the ruckus they have caused seemed to draw no attention at all, but it wouldn't take a while for at least one infected from the graveyard to notice. The Hyena mech Dimitri blocked the gate with should be enough to hold it even from a horde... as he was pushing it he may have noticed that it has been scavenged for parts, like the eye in the front was missing.

The sky began to darken, nightfall was close, but that wouldn't be a big problem because the moon was shining surprisingly bright this night.

Night was now starting to fall, and I couldn't afford to stay out of a safe zone any longer.

I remember hearing soldiers worrying about infested people getting a lot more active at night.

"I have to think fast, cutting the gate to pieces and risking the infested to follow me throught or..." I was talking to myself until I noticed the rubbles next to the wall on the right. "If I climb onto this I might get to the other side... Well that might be better than cutting the door... But the wall is high, well I hope my blade will stick in place once buried in.

I was talking as a way to calm myself and also maintain my presence evident if someone was to approach the gate.

I was starting to hear sounds coming from the graveyard I was recognising as infected starting to wake.

I needed to hurry and and get inside as soon as possible.

Edited by Cyriann