Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Shimmering Light In The Dark Sector [IC, Invite Only, 18+]

Denny2669

On 2018-09-04 at 12:08 AM, Denny2669 said:

--- Infiltration team, south wall ---
The trio of Cyriann, Sereena and Tara (plus cat), all outfitted in their Warframes and gear, were taking a silent approach towards the warehouse. Led by a friend of Cipher Eye going by the nickname Wolf, he was said to have raided this warehouse numerous times, and agreed to help the Tenno find the most unnoticable way in, for a price of course. Clad in white camouflage pants and hoodie, he expertly leads them through nearby ruined buildings and walls until they reach the side wall of the warehouse said to be the least guarded.

"Watch your step, we're on solid ground now." he whispered, leading them to what seemed to be a ventilation shaft. He fiddled with it for a bit, before opening it. He turned back to face them, a very short beard noticable under the hood "Now, listen. This shaft will lead you directly to the storage area where your cargo is located. This shaft is durable as f*ck, so no worries of breaking it, just be silent cause it creaks like a b*tch if you're not careful. Once you're inside, wait for them to rush the decontamination and scanning process so they can get their fat @sses to lunch break. Hide within the back of the crates, and don't dare make a f*cking peep. Once you're inside, you're on your own. Not gonna lie, but the airport's a scary place. Lot's of space to hide, but large empty spaces to get spotted in too. Stay on your guard, I need my paycheck."

With her new frame more suited to general purpose tactical use, many more tactical opportunities were afforded to Tara in terms of infiltration. Corded picks for climbing as a team, a pair of shoulder-mounted grenade launchers that can be used for breaching walls and creating smoke screens with smoke grenades as well as enhanced integrated optics to see through the smoke with among other functions, all these combine together in making Tara much more of a team player than she was before and expanded her role beyond that of a marksman. Whatever comes at them, she'll be ready to deal with it.

Putting a marker on her HUD for the shaft's entrance once they had climbed through it, she notified the rest of her team about it and her plans to add a second navigational marker to the other end before resuming her silence. They know about radio silence protocols after what had happened back in the capital.

Edited by MetroFallout

I simply nod, she had been clear all the way, and had taken the time to teach me and Sereena all we needed, so the minimum I can do is apply her lessons. 

I had taken the time to get used to my frame as we were coming, Alad had done an incredible work, it is light, simple and I feel my electricity coursing in it as if it is my crystal, to think he said it still needs improvements I really wonder it can be. 

Once arrived I decide to let Tara and Sereena go first, my abilities wouldn't be all that useful in pure infiltration, so it is better to let them go in front. 

Sereena had trailed close behind Tara once Cyriann made his intend to be last in line clear. She hummed softly to herself as they moved, trying to get a beat on how to 'mute' other sounds with her humming. 

It, along with Zek's gentle cooing towards her,  helped her keep her nerves in check. 

On 2018-09-03 at 5:08 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- Assault team, half a kilometre north ---
While the other teams were in hostile territory, it was up to Dimitri and Hayden to provide intelligence. Recently the military have found themselves in short of - and the Tenno in possession of - a military jeep. Hayden was currently using it's built in radio to keep a connection with the other two teams, ready to provide any information neccesary, be it with maps or experience. Other than that they just had to wait and prepare, with all sorts of equipment and firepower stored in the back should things get loud.

Dmitri, in full Warframe gear decided to use his binoculars to watch the base from afar, his AK sat in his lap whilst his sawn off shotgun was holstered in his thigh holster. He sniffed and groaned as he sat in the driver's seat. "How long do you think until the operation blows up?" he inquired to Hayden whilst he kept the engine on the run.

He then decided to try and take a bit of rest until the fight starts.

Jean simply stood by Annika's side, silent. Both because that's how she figured a bodyguard would act and because she had no idea what she should say. She stood there, wearing the same suit she used for the previous gig and doing her best to look menacing. While she was in no way a good actress (being noticably terrible at lying), there was enough truth to her role that she played the park. If anyone did a wrong move, they would end up with a gun to their head, and she was faitrly certain her reaction time oustripped any of the ordinary humans here.

The one big issue, the thing that made her shiver inside, was what would happen afterwards? Could she actually press the trigger? Could she get away with just knocking the enemy out, would that blow her cover?  Worse, would that leave the other teams in danger? Would that leave the Ciphers in danger? They were just humans, not nearly as resilient as the rest of them. She might have just met them, but she already felt some attachment to them.

So stood Jean Ellis, wrung out by worry and stress but looking appropriately somber and threatening and strongly hoping Annika knew what she was doing.

On 2018-09-03 at 7:12 PM, Spikey844 said:

She cocked an eyebrow at the guard. "I will be going with the cargo to the airport," she stated, pulling out the forged documents, "I will not have it damaged by a babble of blundering buffoons, not with the potential that those robotics hold." The fact that she was also sending a report back to her regiment via a seal envelope was left out. After all, no one else knew what she was doing. Besides, if the MOAs did end up in British hands, they could be genuinely helpful. It was a win win in her opinion. 

--- Recon Team ---

"Says who?" replied the overseer, the respect in his tone fading a little as he took the documents. As he read them, he seemed fairly unconvinced for a time, until his eyes reached the end. Not only did it have Anyo's blessing, but it was signed by the man himself, which promptly made him realize what kind of person he's dealing with. Folding the documents quickly and handing them back, he was just short of bowing before the woman and he was forced to treat her with even more respect than before.

"I-I'm sorry to inconvenience you with my ignorance so, miss Du'Bois. Of course we'll grant you permission, and provide transport for you and your companion. J-just a minute... you can take shelter in the jeep." he nods, fixes his hat, and heads back inside the complex, shouting at the workers to get a move on. The Ciphers might've done their job a bit too well.

So was the duo, left in the light snowfall until preparations for their trip were complete. The only other company they'd have was a rather old worker, clearing off snow with a shovel. He gave some odd shifty looks to the two, and decided to be a little vocal "That's a pretty coat you've got there... where'd you buy it? If you-if you don't mind me asking..." he seemd to struggle with his English.

On 2018-09-05 at 1:28 AM, MetroFallout said:

- snip -

--- Infiltration Team ---

With Tara taking point, Serenna ready to provide silence support in the middle, and Cyriann as backup at the end, they moved into the tight ventilation shaft. Wolf stuck around long to make sure they closed the went behind them, before heading off. "Hex... I hope you know what you're going."

The sounds they may make with careless steps would be overshadowed by the noise of the workers. Forklifts moving, crates pusing, people shouting, one could only imagine the workforce struggling to make a penny, just behind the thin metal. At least the hot wind blowing through the shaft was a sign that they're not left in the cold, but the air wasn't much clean either, just short of smoke, but they are in an air duct afterall. Thankfully their masks provided filtering and unhindered vision.

Reaching the end of the shaft, the trio could see most of what's happening through the gritters. Lasrian workers loading their crates of interest onto a military grade truck. They were really hurrying, and bore mixed expressions of panic and stress. The way they skimmied over with their scanners seemed like they weren't even trying. And at long last, the lunch horn rang, telling all workers to take their break. Of course, they had to completed their current task, so they skipped the last few crates and threw them onto the truck.

"C'mon Ivan, didn't you hear the bell?"
"Hold on... I think the scanner's picking something up-"
"Christ man, I'm not going to miss my 10 minutes of lunch cause you're being paranoid, now c'mon!"
"H-hey, we can't just..."

And as the last few were dragged away, the area fell silent, tools still left lying around. At this time even the camera surveiliance team would be on break, but Cipher made sure some left behind straggler wouldn't ruin everything, so those were taken care of too. Now the inflitration team had just the opportunity needed to jump onto the transport and hide, exactly as planned.

On 2018-09-08 at 5:25 PM, Drakeardian said:

"How long do you think until the operation blows up?" Dimitri inquired whilst he kept the engine on the run.

--- Assault Team ---

"We'll know once we have a visual of the target." Hayden answered "If it proves difficult to extract or destroy, I reckon that's where it turns loud." he had thought it over before. They had time to prepare, and he made sure everyone knew their roles. Cyriann and Sereena were taught the basics of staying hidden, overseen by Tara who required no teaching. Annika he trusted would be able to handle herself and Jean, but if he was honest with himself, after some of the outbursts she had, there was no doubt there was some form of instability. Not like he's one to talk, but Shane's death is shared on her hands, and some people's presence like the one of Alad has noticable effects on her, a very short fuse tied to an even shorter temper. Additionally, in their more private conversations she proved rather easy to... put off ballance. It seemed odd for a woman of her stature...

Catching himself grinning lightly at the memory, he shook the thought away and checked the time. 12 o'clock, lunch time. But the assault team only had time to burn. Only once they move to the airport do they follow. And with the radio silence, Hayden moved focus to his team mate for once, with an unusual inquiry.

"Dimitri." he started "If you don't mind me asking... why'd you sign up with the military?"

Edited by Denny2669

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

--- Assault Team ---

"We'll know once we have a visual of the target." Hayden answered "If it proves difficult to extract or destroy, I reckon that's where it turns loud." he had thought it over before. They had time to prepare, and he made sure everyone knew their roles. Cyriann and Sereena were taught the basics of staying hidden, overseen by Tara who required no teaching. Annika he trusted would be able to handle herself and Jean, but if he was honest with himself, after some of the outbursts she had, there was no doubt there was some form of instability. Not like he's one to talk, but Shane's death is shared on her hands, and some people's presence like the one of Alad has noticable effects on her, a very short fuse tied to an even shorter temper. Additionally, in their more private conversations she proved rather easy to... put off ballance. It seemed odd for a woman of her stature...

Catching himself grinning lightly at the memory, he shook the thought away and checked the time. 12 o'clock, lunch time. But the assault team only had time to burn. Only once they move to the airport do they follow. And with the radio silence, Hayden moved focus to his team mate for once, with an unusual inquiry.

"Dimitri." he started "If you don't mind me asking... why'd you sign up with the military?"

The question made Dmitri paused as he looked to Hayden, humming in thought as he considered the question. He didn't quite remember why he joined the military, his father was an officer in the Lasiran army and his mother was a volunteer for a homeless shelter. "To serve my country." he stated as an excuse however he didn't quite see how serving his country meant quarantining it's citizens and burning their corpses.

He came to the conclusion that the Colossus that infected him was a blessing in it's sick way. "Why did you join your organisations Hayden?" he retorted in a curious manner.

On 2018-09-10 at 4:47 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- Recon Team ---

"Says who?" replied the overseer, the respect in his tone fading a little as he took the documents. As he read them, he seemed fairly unconvinced for a time, until his eyes reached the end. Not only did it have Anyo's blessing, but it was signed by the man himself, which promptly made him realize what kind of person he's dealing with. Folding the documents quickly and handing them back, he was just short of bowing before the woman and he was forced to treat her with even more respect than before.

"I-I'm sorry to inconvenience you with my ignorance so, miss Du'Bois. Of course we'll grant you permission, and provide transport for you and your companion. J-just a minute... you can take shelter in the jeep." he nods, fixes his hat, and heads back inside the complex, shouting at the workers to get a move on. The Ciphers might've done their job a bit too well.

So was the duo, left in the light snowfall until preparations for their trip were complete. The only other company they'd have was a rather old worker, clearing off snow with a shovel. He gave some odd shifty looks to the two, and decided to be a little vocal "That's a pretty coat you've got there... where'd you buy it? If you-if you don't mind me asking..." he seemd to struggle with his English.

Annika set her face in an irritated expression as the overseer first questioned her, then promptly back pedalled upon reading the documents. She just about snatched the documents back, glaring at the man, muttering under her breath about incompetent fools. She glanced at a Jean and directed her into the jeep with a flick of her fingers. 'It will get us out the cold,' she said to the other woman's mind, 'and stay calm. Be alert, but being overly twitchy will draw attention.'

She paused at the old man's question, eyeing him for a moment with her intense blue eyes. "London," she stated flatly after a pause. Something about his gaze was making the hairs on her neck prickle. She considered reaching out with her mind, but doing so could have set her eyes glowing and given them away, so she held back for the moment,

On 2018-09-10 at 11:47 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- Infiltration Team ---

With Tara taking point, Serenna ready to provide silence support in the middle, and Cyriann as backup at the end, they moved into the tight ventilation shaft. Wolf stuck around long to make sure they closed the went behind them, before heading off. "Hex... I hope you know what you're going."

The sounds they may make with careless steps would be overshadowed by the noise of the workers. Forklifts moving, crates pusing, people shouting, one could only imagine the workforce struggling to make a penny, just behind the thin metal. At least the hot wind blowing through the shaft was a sign that they're not left in the cold, but the air wasn't much clean either, just short of smoke, but they are in an air duct afterall. Thankfully their masks provided filtering and unhindered vision.

Reaching the end of the shaft, the trio could see most of what's happening through the gritters. Lasrian workers loading their crates of interest onto a military grade truck. They were really hurrying, and bore mixed expressions of panic and stress. The way they skimmied over with their scanners seemed like they weren't even trying. And at long last, the lunch horn rang, telling all workers to take their break. Of course, they had to completed their current task, so they skipped the last few crates and threw them onto the truck.

"C'mon Ivan, didn't you hear the bell?"
"Hold on... I think the scanner's picking something up-"
"Christ man, I'm not going to miss my 10 minutes of lunch cause you're being paranoid, now c'mon!"
"H-hey, we can't just..."

And as the last few were dragged away, the area fell silent, tools still left lying around. At this time even the camera surveiliance team would be on break, but Cipher made sure some left behind straggler wouldn't ruin everything, so those were taken care of too. Now the inflitration team had just the opportunity needed to jump onto the transport and hide, exactly as planned.

"I'm going to do an optics sweep." whispered Tara in a low tone, gesturing for them to get ready to move. "Once I've confirmed clear, move up on the trucks with your quietest weapons ready. Sereena will go first to cover us with her bow, then Cyriann with that taser I had him test on myself, then I'll bring up the rear."

She wasn't joking about that. When she mentioned having Cyriann test his ability to become a contact-less taser on her, she tested it a metre at a time at every tactically-useful range up to 4 metres from point-blank. Getting zapped 4 times wasn't fun but at least she has a complete grasp of the full non-lethal tactical capability that Cyriann possessed so in a way, it was worth the pain... and the bouts of unconsciousness.

Turning her optics on the truck and the surrounding area up to a 100 metre radius, she scanned for any prying eyes that might spot them on the way to the truck as well as any snipers on overwatch.

Edited by MetroFallout

23 hours ago, MetroFallout said:

"I'm going to do an optics sweep." whispered Tara in a low tone, gesturing for them to get ready to move. "Once I've confirmed clear, move up on the trucks with your quietest weapons ready. Sereena will go first to cover us with her bow, then Cyriann with that taser I had him test on myself, then I'll bring up the rear."

She wasn't joking about that. When she mentioned having Cyriann test his ability to become a contact-less taser on her, she tested it a metre at a time at every tactically-useful range up to 4 metres from point-blank. Getting zapped 4 times wasn't fun but at least she has a complete grasp of the full non-lethal tactical capability that Cyriann possessed so in a way, it was worth the pain... and the bouts of unconsciousness.

Turning her optics on the truck and the surrounding area up to a 100 metre radius, she scanned for any prying eyes that might spot them on the way to the truck as well as any snipers on overwatch.

Sereena gave a quiet nod in reply to Tara's suggestion, and as Tara let Cyriann test the taster, Banshee would be occupied trying to silence her own footsteps fully. She didn't get the tune down exactly but it should help her remain quieter than normal. 

Now hopefully that'd be quiet enough once the coast was confirmed to be clear.

Had the scenario been different, maybe the position I had forced myself into would had flustered me, I have after all a very nice view of Sereena in her so form fitting frame, but any and all blush I'd normally have in such position are absent, simply because I'm so focused on the task at hand that I mostly don't pay attention to it, it is more Edge that is doing so in my stead.

"Quietest weapon..." That thought remembers me of our little "practiceshe had had me do as a preparation to infiltration.

I had tried to puch my lightning around at the power of a taser to shock people unconscious, the rnage proved to be fairly limited to not provoke noisy cracks or be too easily deviated, five or meters were my tops distances as we had tried several distances once I had gotten the strength right. It was painful, to say the least, to watch as Tara convulsed during those tests, she had insisted on being the target for the practice, I shudder just remembering those awful moments.

A little lighting is coursing in my right arm, ready to be shot at a moments notice, I slide down from the vent, just like Tara had taught me, making little to no sound as I follow her and Sereena.

On 2018-09-10 at 5:53 PM, Drakeardian said:

He came to the conclusion that the Colossus that infected him was a blessing in it's sick way. "Why did you join your organisations Hayden?" he retorted in a curious manner.

"What, the Agency?" Hayden had to think about the question. It is not like all those years where he answered that question like a broken record. He would've said "Because it's what I'm good at." without ever giving it a second thought. It was an ideal afterall. Do what you're best at, you are your work, your work is you. If it's your job describtion to be an unfeeling puppet, then good for Hayden, he found his match. But now, the answer changed.

"Because it was the only thing I was good at." he answered. Looking back, it seemed like he just took the easy way all those years ago. He didn't try to change, nor did he try to live with the consequences. If he never seemed to do the right thing, then it'd be a god send to not have to carry the consequences of his mistakes, and that's exactly what the Agency offered. To let him do the only thing he knew how, without a worry in the world. And they took full advantage of it.

On 2018-09-12 at 11:21 PM, Spikey844 said:

She paused at the old man's question, eyeing him for a moment with her intense blue eyes. "London," she stated flatly after a pause. Something about his gaze was making the hairs on her neck prickle. She considered reaching out with her mind, but doing so could have set her eyes glowing and given them away, so she held back for the moment,

The man gave a smile, one somehow equally innocent and odd, before focusing back on shoveling the snow. "My daughter went on vacation there once. Sweet thing loved it so much she decided to stay there next year. Now she cannot stop complaining about the weather! It feels like a strom's brewing every time I open one of her letters, hehe!" he spoke with such enthusiasm like he oppened one such letter just yesterday. Odd, considering Lasria's state, nobody was getting any letters these days. "I wonder if she's got grand kids already... heh heh..." he thought idly.

The inside of the jeep was rugged at best. It was used for military purpose afterall, and there's probably no car wash still operating in Lasria, nor would anyone waste resources to keep it running at a time like this. It was even clear it had it's share of battle, scratch marks along the doors, a small crack in the side window... the driver appeared to be a young man, probably used to drive his dad's ice cream truck instead of a military vehicle back in the day. Unlike the man outside, he'd be quiet as a statue, knowing better than to question the honoured passangers. However, he was eyeing them through the back mirror, specifically their wristband govenors. What seemed so odd to him?

On 2018-09-13 at 5:20 PM, MetroFallout said:

Tara might be a little excessive in her handling of the operation, but you can never be too careful. When all your operations have been in war zones and hostile environments, the assumption there's snipers at a company storehouse is no surprise. In Lasria's case, most security is stationed rather outside than inside, for the infected could never just sneak into their compound, that'd just be silly.

The coast was indeed clear. Any left over heat signatures were leaving in the distance. The boxes, loaded onto the truck, were their target. Once they got close enough to climb ontop however...

"Stupid... of course I forget my bloody keys..." footsteps, slowly growing louder, almost at the truck soon. Do they have enough time to hide within the boxes without causing too much noise? Can they afford to take any longer? The worker may not pose much of a threat, but being discovered can endanger the whole mission.

On 2018-09-20 at 3:00 AM, Denny2669 said:

Tara might be a little excessive in her handling of the operation, but you can never be too careful. When all your operations have been in war zones and hostile environments, the assumption there's snipers at a company storehouse is no surprise. In Lasria's case, most security is stationed rather outside than inside, for the infected could never just sneak into their compound, that'd just be silly.

The coast was indeed clear. Any left over heat signatures were leaving in the distance. The boxes, loaded onto the truck, were their target. Once they got close enough to climb ontop however...

"Stupid... of course I forget my bloody keys..." footsteps, slowly growing louder, almost at the truck soon. Do they have enough time to hide within the boxes without causing too much noise? Can they afford to take any longer? The worker may not pose much of a threat, but being discovered can endanger the whole mission.

With both her hands free and being the closest to the worker, Tara grabbed at him to non-lethally silence him the best way she knew how, concussive blunt force trauma. Starting with a left-handed shirt grab, she pulled him closer to herself while winding her right up to deck him in right in the jaw with a right hook. The combined force from both movements might or might not be enough to knock the worker out in one blow but she's not one to take chances. Following it up with an over-the-shoulder throw, she stepped back from the worker and quickly gestured for Cyriann to tase him while quickdrawing her Beretta to train it on him.

Edited by MetroFallout

il y a 14 minutes, MetroFallout a dit :

With both her hands free and being the closest to the worker, Tara grabbed at him to non-lethally silence him the best way she knew how, concussive blunt force trauma. Starting with a left-handed shirt grab, she pulled him closer to herself while winding her right up to deck him in right in the jaw with a right hook. The combined force from both movements might or might not be enough to knock the worker out in one blow but she's not one to take chances. Following it up with a throw, she stepped back from the worker and quickly gestured for Cyriann to tase him while quickdrawing her Beretta to train it on him.

Tar is brutal in her approach, I could had sped up and got us all in fast, but her method works as well. I don't say a word as I come and deliver the discharge she had asked for, no matter if the guy was unconscious or not, now there is no doubt he is. "Shouldn't we hide him away?" I then ask her with some hand motions.

Tara nodded and produced some rope from her pack to tie him up with before ripping a portion of the worker's clothes into rag form so that she could gag him. Picking up the unconscious worker on her shoulder, she gestured for the other two to get on the truck together while she put the worker in the back.

• 2 weeks later...
Le 23/09/2018 à 16:15, MetroFallout a dit :

Tara nodded and produced some rope from her pack to tie him up with before ripping a portion of the worker's clothes into rag form so that she could gag him. Picking up the unconscious worker on her shoulder, she gestured for the other two to get on the truck together while she put the worker in the back.

I nod as I return to the truck to help Sereena getting in, waiting then for Tara to join us, hiding as she told us. 

On 2018-09-19 at 8:00 PM, Denny2669 said:

The man gave a smile, one somehow equally innocent and odd, before focusing back on shoveling the snow. "My daughter went on vacation there once. Sweet thing loved it so much she decided to stay there next year. Now she cannot stop complaining about the weather! It feels like a strom's brewing every time I open one of her letters, hehe!" he spoke with such enthusiasm like he oppened one such letter just yesterday. Odd, considering Lasria's state, nobody was getting any letters these days. "I wonder if she's got grand kids already... heh heh..." he thought idly.

The inside of the jeep was rugged at best. It was used for military purpose afterall, and there's probably no car wash still operating in Lasria, nor would anyone waste resources to keep it running at a time like this. It was even clear it had it's share of battle, scratch marks along the doors, a small crack in the side window... the driver appeared to be a young man, probably used to drive his dad's ice cream truck instead of a military vehicle back in the day. Unlike the man outside, he'd be quiet as a statue, knowing better than to question the honoured passangers. However, he was eyeing them through the back mirror, specifically their wristband govenors. What seemed so odd to him?

Annika's eyes narrowed slightly. Things... were not quite adding up. Lasria was closed off to the outside world, yet the old man claimed he had received a letter, recently by the sound of it. Of course, seeing as he was an old man, he could be a few cards short of a full deck, but it still set her on edge. 

Then there was the way that the driver of the jeep eyed was eyeing their govenors. Almost as if he was questioning them. She debated once more reaching out for his mind, but that risked alerting security to their true identity. If they were discovered, they would be forced to go loud, and who knows what would happen next. 

She held off reaching out with her powers, instead meeting the man's eyes in the mirror, folding her arms, and raising an eyebrow in silent question. The movement also hid the governor in the folds of her coat, but seeing as it was a natural movement, it was unlikely to be seen as a deliberate move.

On 2018-10-03 at 9:02 AM, Cyriann said:

I nod as I return to the truck to help Sereena getting in, waiting then for Tara to join us, hiding as she told us. 

Sereena felt anxious as the duet waited in the truck. Not as anxious as she would have been in the earlier days or without Cyriann, but it remained there. She took a deep breath as Zek let out a wave of sound, although humans wouldn't be able to hear it, a dog might hear it. 

Maybe it was an unnecessary risk, but at least it'd give her an idea how far Tara is and if anyone else decided to strut in.

On 2018-09-23 at 4:15 PM, MetroFallout said:

The poor worker never stood a chance. Exhausted as he was, overworked, underpaid and hungry, a little rest might do his some good. The tools in his pockets rattled a little until Tara put him down and hid him into the crates. Only three people were meant to be smuggled through, a fourth one would undoubtedly cause unforeseen consequences the magnitude of which is unknown. But for now it seems to work, he's not snoring and they avoided unnecessary death, but for how long?

Not long after, the sound of people climbing into the truck's front and the low roar of the engine let itself be know to the Tenno, telling them they've just barely begun.

On 2018-10-09 at 6:00 PM, Spikey844 said:

Annika's eyes narrowed slightly. Things... were not quite adding up. Lasria was closed off to the outside world, yet the old man claimed he had received a letter, recently by the sound of it. Of course, seeing as he was an old man, he could be a few cards short of a full deck, but it still set her on edge. 

Then there was the way that the driver of the jeep eyed was eyeing their govenors. Almost as if he was questioning them. She debated once more reaching out for his mind, but that risked alerting security to their true identity. If they were discovered, they would be forced to go loud, and who knows what would happen next. 

She held off reaching out with her powers, instead meeting the man's eyes in the mirror, folding her arms, and raising an eyebrow in silent question. The movement also hid the governor in the folds of her coat, but seeing as it was a natural movement, it was unlikely to be seen as a deliberate move.

Once his gaze flickered to hers, he promptly stopped staring and looked forward again. silent as ever. The man outside seemed to be swiping the same spot for a minute now, but that's all she had time to observe before the overseer himself finally arrived and opened the door "Preparations are complete. We will depart momentarily." with him, a couple soldiers arrived as well, no doubt their escort. Lasrian uniforms, balaclavas, govenor modified weapons, a decent force. One took his place next to the driver's seat, while two more hung from the jeep's sides. This was due to the subtlety and unpredictability of infected attacks, they require to be ready to act at a moment's notice, especially when VIP's are on site.

"The guards at the gate should already be informed of your arrival. A member of the staff will take it from there. I hope you'll find our services to your liking." with that, he closed the door and gave the drive the all clear. The engine ignited, the wheels turned, and the two would quickly get familiar with Lasria's bumpy roads, followed by the truck carrying robot proxies, 3 Tenno and a hostage. Looking back, Annika and Jean might spy the overseer striking up a chat with the old man, before line of sight was lost.

--- Assault Team ---
"... they're moving." Hayden announced, noticing their position change. And right on time too. His helmet engaged, and he looked to his driver, Dimitri. "Try not to attract a horde."

--- Lasria national airport, front gate, 12:30 ---
"I was expecting you 5 minutes ago."
"Tell that to the traffic."
The driver showed his papers, ID, and eventually they were let through. Even from afar, the airport seemed quite well secured. Most nearby buildings were either small or nothing but rubble, and the command center was quite high. With a couple of towers set up around the perimeter, it was only a matter how close someone can get before being shot down. Past that however, it's only a fence around the whole thing, some parts reinforced with metal sheets and sandbags, but it's visible their main means of defense is staking care of infected from afar before they're spotted, an over-reliance on firepower.

The jeep, followed by the truck of cargo would continue driving to one of the larger hangars, one that doubled as a storage house. The truck continued inside through the massive hangar doors, while the jeep stopped at it's side entrance for people. The doors were politely opened for Jean and Annika by the driver, again met with Lasria's cold and light snowfall. A person was waiting for them, a tall man with in a white longcoat almost as expensive looking as the one they got from Shikari. Their face was surprisingly of Asian origin, with a messy black halfcut and short beard. Some sort of tattoo was creeping up his neck, but it wasn't visible enough. A cigarette hung in his mouth, one promptly finished and dropped to the snowy ground, crushed by a solid boot. There was only one other person from the same country she has met in this place...
"Miss Catherine Du'Bois. I was wondering when I'd meet the woman who wiped the table with Anyo's face." he spoke fairly fluent english, with a slightly rough voice "You've beaten my brother at poker that night."

The infiltration team would have different troubles. Lack of sight means they won't know their position once they stop. Away from their eyes, they passed by many big cargo containers and stacks of merchandise, people talking and walking around, until they slowed down to a stop. The engine was cut, the driver and passenger stepped out, and any following sounds became distant. They must get out before the workforce arrives to take out the cargo, and sonar, optics scans would reveal nobody around for now. The many containers and stacks of goods would be good cover, but one has to wonder what some of these hold...

6 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Once his gaze flickered to hers, he promptly stopped staring and looked forward again. silent as ever. The man outside seemed to be swiping the same spot for a minute now, but that's all she had time to observe before the overseer himself finally arrived and opened the door "Preparations are complete. We will depart momentarily." with him, a couple soldiers arrived as well, no doubt their escort. Lasrian uniforms, balaclavas, govenor modified weapons, a decent force. One took his place next to the driver's seat, while two more hung from the jeep's sides. This was due to the subtlety and unpredictability of infected attacks, they require to be ready to act at a moment's notice, especially when VIP's are on site.

"The guards at the gate should already be informed of your arrival. A member of the staff will take it from there. I hope you'll find our services to your liking." with that, he closed the door and gave the drive the all clear. The engine ignited, the wheels turned, and the two would quickly get familiar with Lasria's bumpy roads, followed by the truck carrying robot proxies, 3 Tenno and a hostage. Looking back, Annika and Jean might spy the overseer striking up a chat with the old man, before line of sight was lost.

--- Lasria national airport, front gate, 12:30 ---
"I was expecting you 5 minutes ago."
"Tell that to the traffic."
The driver showed his papers, ID, and eventually they were let through. Even from afar, the airport seemed quite well secured. Most nearby buildings were either small or nothing but rubble, and the command center was quite high. With a couple of towers set up around the perimeter, it was only a matter how close someone can get before being shot down. Past that however, it's only a fence around the whole thing, some parts reinforced with metal sheets and sandbags, but it's visible their main means of defense is staking care of infected from afar before they're spotted, an over-reliance on firepower.

The jeep, followed by the truck of cargo would continue driving to one of the larger hangars, one that doubled as a storage house. The truck continued inside through the massive hangar doors, while the jeep stopped at it's side entrance for people. The doors were politely opened for Jean and Annika by the driver, again met with Lasria's cold and light snowfall. A person was waiting for them, a tall man with in a white longcoat almost as expensive looking as the one they got from Shikari. Their face was surprisingly of Asian origin, with a messy black halfcut and short beard. Some sort of tattoo was creeping up his neck, but it wasn't visible enough. A cigarette hung in his mouth, one promptly finished and dropped to the snowy ground, crushed by a solid boot. There was only one other person from the same country she has met in this place...
"Miss Catherine Du'Bois. I was wondering when I'd meet the woman who wiped the table with Anyo's face." he spoke fairly fluent english, with a slightly rough voice "You've beaten my brother at poker that night."

Annika stepped from the car, not even looking at the driver. She'd barely twitched during the entire drive, instead looking straight ahead out the front windscreen. She had taken note of the overseer talking to the old man though. It could just have been a conversation between two colleagues of differing rank, but she couldn't quite shift an itch in the back of her mind telling here there was more to it.

When they arrived at the airport she let her eyes scan around the area like lightning, appearing merely curious while trying to gather as much information as she could. She took in the defences and mentally grimaced. If Dimitri and Hayden had to charge in to hall them out under fire, it was going to be tricky for them to get close without getting shot to pieces. And then there was the man welcoming them...

"Ved Xol," she replied with the slightest hint of a smile, "the man who chose a woman over poker. Mercenaries hired by Anyo, and-" Here she let her smile grow a touch, "a little lighter on cash than last week." She folded her arms, meeting his gaze. "What brings you here?"

On 2018-10-16 at 3:28 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- Assault Team ---
"... they're moving." Hayden announced, noticing their position change. And right on time too. His helmet engaged, and he looked to his driver, Dimitri. "Try not to attract a horde."

Dmitri nodded and put his own helmet on and began starting the truck. "How do you want to play this? I go high and you go low Da?" he inquired to the one known as Prometheus whilst his iron skin formed over his warframe, going metallic in texture and iron in colour. He gripped the steering wheel and took the handbrake off.

Not many cars in Lasira were an automatic and Dmitri was glad he knew how to drive a manual gearstick...or how to drive a car from russia.

"Let's hope nothing goes wrong now..." I say lowly to Sereena as I take my place in our hiding spot in the truck. 

After a moment we stop, the engine shutting down and people leaving the place. "I think we are in. Tara ? We move ?" I stay low and speak as low, trying to get an idea over what to do now, feeling stress building up in the unknown of our situation.

Edited by Cyriann