Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Shimmering Light In The Dark Sector [IC, Invite Only, 18+]

Denny2669

Tara heard about the church and made her way there as quickly as she could, attempting to cut through the graveyard as the infected began to stir.

"Damn, sure found a good time to be going through a goddamn boneyard." she muttered to herself under her breath, keeping low and quiet, avoiding the clusters of infected as best she could.

Edited by MetroFallout

Ken looked from one Infected to another, carefully assessing what each could do. The big Ruskie was clearly much stronger and tougher than he looked, while the British woman seemed rather... spiky. Ken wasn't one to talk about weird appearances, though.

"Yes. Here because of transmission. My name is-" He was interrupted by somebody shouting. It was with no little amount of worry that Ken realized that the shouting was coming from behind the barricaded door. "Wait."

He walked quickly over to the door and, after failing to rattle it open, made a short jump onto the wall. Tiny tendrils extended from his hands and momentarily gripped the brick in an iron vice, helping him defy gravity. He was a bit spooked at the new development, but kept climbing until he got to the top of the wall, and looked down, surprised to see another frustrated man.

"Need any help?"

Edited by Achaix

"Need any help?" The voice came from the wall, I looked up to see a man hanging from the wall, I couldn't make out his features for he was wearing a hood.

My stress disapeared, it could be a trap, but at least I would not have to fight infested abominations driven mad.

"Well, yeah. I'm stuck down here and I think I'm hearing Infested waking up in the graveyard." I replied calmly, he was not hostile nor letting appear any signs of danger. "Give me just the time to put my blade back in and I'm jumping, I would be glad if you could catch me up, I'm not gonna jump high enough."

With these words I connected my blade with my back letting it being absorbed in as I felt my insides moving for it to take its place.

Ithen climbed the rubbles preparing myself for the jump and warned : "By the way, don't grab my right arm, I don't want you to get a shock."

Edited by Cyriann

"Blade?" Ken barely saw the organic weapon fuse into the man, but he cringed anyway. To think of how different his physiology would have to be to make something like that fit... He wondered. Maybe he could do something similar.

Making sure one of his hands was still attached to the wall, Ken reached out with his other, no less mutated, arm. "Mind the claws. Ready?"

"No problem. I think claws won't be too much compared to an infested assault."

I braced mysellf and jumped extending my left hand and missing his. Stopping myself on the wall, not crashing this time, I returned in a second to my position.

"Sorry for that, I'm not left handed and since I don't know if I would send you a shock or not with my right hand, I prefer to give another try."

I jumped again, with a bit more speed and managed to grab the clawed hand feeling the little claws burying slightly in my palm.

As Cyriann was struggling to get up the wall, the graveyard started to awaken. Infected started to rise from their grave, although many of them were totaly oblivious to their surroundings. The infected newer had good hearing or any intelligence, but they had surprisingly good vision, even thoe their face was covered in metalic skin. Their low intelligence is also shown by the fact that they newer call for help, even if they are mostly in numbers, they are not looking for hordes to join. But thats only about the common infected...

One infected dog has noticed Cyriann and charged after him, if Cyriann could climb up quick enough then the dog wouldn't be able to get him over the wall.

Tara was doing a good job avoiding the infected, keeping low and quiet, not getting into their field of view. So far none of the infected had noticed her and none are blocking her path. But if she was to shoot, it would bring alot of attention... she should keep that in mind.

Tara noticed the barking infected dog chasing Cyriann and popped the revolver on her right arm out just in case she needed it. Cocking the hammer back, she moved up as quickly and quietly as she could and tried to sneak up on the dog while it was preoccupied.

"Little doggie's gonna get its neck snapped..." she thought to herself as she readied up. "Either I snap its neck or I shoot it but if I shoot it... I'll be in for a hard fight... snap it is then."

The dog didn't notice Tera yet, it would be easy to snap it's neck since it wasn't as covered in metallic skin as the rest of it's body, and the strength of a sane infected like Tera is always stronger than that of a normal human. The dogs barking has luckily not attracted any attention so far.

Quickly but carefully so as to not brush against the dangerous-looking arm, Ken pulled the mystery man up onto the wall, and looked around.

"A few of those Moles," He called down to the Brit. "We're safe for now, though they may try to come here through the sewers. Keep an eye open."

Brought up to the wall I dropped on the other side meeting with two more persons, a man heavily built and a woman in a torn up dress.

"Wow, we make a real scare house al together... Well That was to be expected I suppose..." I sighted, at least it wasn't a trap.

"Well cutting on the presentation, call me Cyriann...And... So what are your names ? I would feel better to have names to put on faces, you know creating links."

I was all talky, almost the opposite of my usual self, and that's when a bolt of lightning bursted out of my arm burning a small area and forcing a twitch on my neck.

"Sorry for that, been a few month yet not in total control..." I said that scratchin the back of my head when a new shout came from the graveyard.

I changed, concentrating in case one of the dogs would try to jump, my blade jolting out of my back while I reached for it, geting it out in one motion.

"I hope we don't get too much company now."

Edited by Cyriann

Tara smiled as her fingers wrapped around the dogs neck and she twisted it, breaking its neck. The dog died with a whimper and collapsed to the ground in a broken heap as she released it.

"That's that handled... now let's get into the church." she thought, looking at the other people from where she was.

Hurrying over to where she might've seen Cyriann get pulled into the church, she looked up and called out for help.

Seerena quickly did a step backwards when seeing the electricty burst out of Cyriann's arm.

"I'm Seerena nice to meet you Cyriann." She holded out her hadn for a handshake but noticed that Cyriann already turned his attention back to the gate.

"What kind of infested are on the other side of that door?" She asks aiming the gun at the gate.

"What kind ? Honestly ? No freaking idea, I avoided the graveyard for it would have been a bit crowded. So aside from waking corpses and crazy hungry horrors no idea."

So the woman's name is Seerena, sounds like a musician name but know was not the time to ask about past nor things like that.
For now we were not knowing what was to come.

"Yeah, looks like we have one more." I answered to Seerena.

"Hey we're on the other side! Do you think you can jump on the wall, or do you need some help?!" I asked the feminine voice.

If she couldn't make the jump we would probably need to open the gates, but the sound would alert all the monsters around and create a literal frenzy we would have to fight throught. Or maybe Takano could help her.

Edited by Cyriann

Who calls their kid "Cyriann"? Ken kept the thought to himself.

"Call me-" The sudden surge of lightning startled him, generating an odd clicking feeling, but the feeling disappeared as soon as it had manifested. He cleared his throat, mandibles scratching his somewhat hollow cheeks, and pointed at the charred spot. "Takano. Also, what the hell was that?"

As Tara was calling for help, a few infected noticed her (or rather the sudden light of Cyrianns electric bolt). 2 of em were walking (or crawling) their way to her, she had enough time to get over the wall. Shooting them was an option, but it would just bring more of them, although not the whole graveyard. There seemed to be no way the infected could get trough that gate, so just getting out of their way is a good option.

Edited by Denny2669

While everyone was busy with introductions and whatnot, Dmitri took a moment to look over the remains of the Jackal before he heard introductions, Cyriann, Seerena and Takano, the new voice gave him pause to think. Looks like there was going to be a few survivor's for the church, he quickly said to his fellow infected "My name's Dmitri Markovic, Now let's waste no time and get to helping or something." 

He took a moment to check his shotgun was still loaded while offered Seerena some spare magazines for her Tekna pistol. "Use these wisely." he said before he motioned for the others to follow him towards where the voice was calling from, if the Graveyard door was locked, he'd do his best to get them open with his brute strength.

I looked at the hooded man. "Takano, can you help her climbing like you did for me?" I was asking out of a reflex since my own power could hinder my physical status and I didn't had any idea what his own was. It could be possible that what he did was hard on his body.

Edited by Cyriann

Ken nodded, leaning over and stretching out one arm again. But he was rather doubtful... He looked back, dark eyes glinting under the hood. "Cyriann, could you hold onto me? I'm still not sure about how my body works, so I'd rather use both hands."