Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Shimmering Light In The Dark Sector [IC, Invite Only, 18+]

Denny2669

Ken didn't let his uncertainty or his wonder at the sudden weapon be known, and turned back to the woman below. "It'll do."

Leaning forward and farther than before, he stretched out both hands. It was a little uncomfortable to have his centre of gravity so close to the edge of the wall, but he mentally reassured himself that Cyriann's weight would keep him above. He called out.

"Now!"

"I can try a thing."

In fact, I could try to let a shock get to the infested and kill them on the spot, it would remain silent but I didn't knew what to expect of this.

"I'll try to zap them, It's surprisingly silent and it will kill them on the spot. But it can channel throught living materials, I'm not sure how thought so... Would you mind to get off the wall ?"

Tera just barely managed to get away from the infected. They then started to bang their clumsy hands on the wall, but it wasn't nearly enough to even scratch it's surface. Infected weren't very persistent, and those ones definitely weren't, they looked like someone already tried to smash their heads in. After a while they would stop banging on the wall and brainlessly walk around again.

Cyriann didn't seem to realize that it was his bolt of electricity that got their attention in the first place... another one would probably bring more attention, but nothing that couldn't be dealt with.

Suprisingly, pulling the woman up didn't tire him much, if at all. Looking down at the Howlers, Ken felt a twinge of pity. The beasts were once human, weren't they?

"Let them go." He advised Cyriann. "Taking them out is more trouble than it's worth, and we still don't know how your power works."

"I agree with Takano and keep in mind that the light flash of your electricity was what attracted them and we wouldn't want more of those beasts after us." Seerena said walking towards the church door. "We should get inside before more infested wake up."

Edited by kyrozon

"My elec? Wait... you mean those two are here because of... Ho merde." 

I thought they were tracking the lady we helped and had not realised my flash was the reason they attacked.

I sweared and apologized while returning to the ground, once stable I again let my blade slip inside throught my neck, noticing the urking feeling was becoming more bearable.

"So what do we do now?" I asked the little gang we were forming now.

There was no response from Seerenas knocking, whoever was in the church either didn't hear her, was preoccupied or wasn't there, either way the door wasn't locked.

The two infected outside the graveyard gate were still banging on the wall, but less frequently than before.

Edited by Denny2669

I followed Seerena, wondering why we were told to come here if no one was waiting for us. Maybe we came in too fast ? Or it is some part of a trap ?

All those questions were deeply annoying me, I never liked to be left in the dark and this situation was certainly not clear by any means.

"We were called here by someone pretending to: first be here, and second be like us, I'd say since the first statement seems to be false the second might also be... So..."

I turned to the woman I had helped getting over the wall, I manged to make out green eyes in the darkness but it struck me that her infection was looking far more advanced than any of us. "I'm Cyriann, pleased to meet you, and I'd say welcome but that would be a bit... Ironic at the moment."

Edited by Cyriann

Dmitri looked to Seerena as she knocked on the door then opened it "Hold up! Don't go in alone!" he called out as they entered the church, his Striker raised as they entered, ready for anything that looked like a trap. "Watch out for anything that looks like a trap." he said to the others really quickly.

It seemed ironic really, A time of crisis and their hope for sanctuary was in a house of worship, Dmitri wasn't a religious man himself but he did wonder if this church had some way of keeping the infected individuals back.

"Well looks like really no one is here." Seerena said looking for any traces of life  "Or maybe someone has been here recently since someone must have atleast been here to contact us?" Seerema felt her mind flood with questions but had to force them away or she would have another breakdown she started ot shiver.

Edited by kyrozon

I followed Seerena, wondering why we were told to come here if no one was waiting for us. Maybe we came in too fast ? Or it is some part of a trap ?

All those questions were deeply annoying me, I never liked to be left in the dark and this situation was certainly not clear by any means.

"We were called here by someone pretending to: first be here, and second be like us, I'd say since the first statement seems to be false the second might also be... So..."

I turned to the woman I had helped getting over the wall, I manged to make out green eyes in the darkness but it struck me that her infection was looking far more advanced than any of us. "I'm Cyriann, pleased to meet you, and I'd say welcome but that would be a bit... Ironic at the moment."

"My name's Tara, Tara Ryder. Likewise." said Tara, nodding at him and reaching out for a handshake as she followed the rest.

Dmitri looked to Seerena as she knocked on the door then opened it "Hold up! Don't go in alone!" he called out as they entered the church, his Striker raised as they entered, ready for anything that looked like a trap. "Watch out for anything that looks like a trap." he said to the others really quickly.

It seemed ironic really, A time of crisis and their hope for sanctuary was in a house of worship, Dmitri wasn't a religious man himself but he did wonder if this church had some way of keeping the infected individuals back.

"Well looks like really no one is here." Seerena said looking for any traces of life when noticing a half burning fire. "Or maybe someone has been here recently could he be the one who called us?" Seerema felt her mind flood with questions but had to force them away or she would have another breakdown she started ot shiver.

"It was a radio isn't it? Take a look around, maybe there's one in here."

The church entrance seemed like every other building in the city, half destroyed... although it did look like someone pushed some things out of the way like some empty ammo boxes and tables.

On the sides of the room were tables with extinguished candles, but one on each side was lit.

On the ground in the middle of the room and at the stairs were small devices, they didn't look like mines, microphones nor grenades... they looked like the things the Lasrian soldiers attached to their weapons to keep infected from using them. 

The entrance to the main hall was doorless, but the survivors still had to go up the stairs to get there.

"My name's Tara, Tara Ryder. Likewise." said Tara, nodding at him and reaching out for a handshake as she followed the rest.

Has she proposed a handshake I accepted, and gave her a small shock with my hand.

Before even looking at her or her reaction I apologized: "Sorry for this! I... Err... I don't control those damn sparks well... I should have  given you my left hand ... Sorry..."

I was more keen on trying to talk with her than looking for the hypothetical man who had broadcasted the message. Either he was real and would whow up, either he was a fake used to trap us and we would have to butcher our way out.

Dmitri's first sight of this screamed trap, the items on the middle of the room and in the stairs looked like they were wired with Weapon Governors. Biometic scanners to prevent howlers to get their weapons by detonating them, he frowned and slowly proceeded forward towards the middle of the room, still with his Striker shotgun raised with caution and paranoia.

"Are those Governors?" asked Dmitri to himself as he made his way.

As soon as Dimitri walked into the middle of the room, devices started to lit up a beep in an medium sound which echoed in the church. Other than that the devices didn't seem to do anything else, they weren't wired or attached to anything, nor were they properly placed on the ground, just scattered around the room like rocks. He may notice some slow and quiet footsteps coming from the main hall, although it sounded like only one person.

"Looks like things are starting to move."

I positionned myself, changing again from casual to battle, putting up my guard, taking my blade out and letting arcs of electricity form around my arm.

"Dmitri, may I come closer?" My speciality remains CQC (Close Quarter Combat) therefore I'd prefer to be as close as possible from the possible front.

Dmitri pointed his shotgun at the main hall, "Stick behind me" he said to Seerena and Cyrinn, snapping sharply at him "No! Stay back!" as he aimed to who was coming the stairs, his arms starting to grow a second layer of metallic skin  as his paranoia of danger raised. The worst part is he didn't notice it.

He was a soldier at heart and the infection in his arms had made him paranoid of harm and danger to himself and his survival. he called out in Russian to the unknown figure "Who's there? Identify yourself!"

Edited by Drakeardian