The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames, (Just) 4 More To Get

ThorienKELL

Question

So, like pokemons, I've caught them all, or almost : )

I don't count primed versions in here, for now I have 2 primes, 1 in building and I've almost collected parts for 3 more, rest will come when I farm them, no hurry. 

Could you tell me how difficult are these remaining frames to get. You don't have to quote wiki on me, just few words /cost in credits-time /name of quest and mark on 1 out of 10 scale : )

Atlas

Chroma 

Hydroid

Mesa

- And let's put mantis in here as well, just for completionist sake. 

I know mesa is a pain in the a#s, I've planning to get her for a long time. I've collected 3 mutalist alad coordinates by now, when I get to 5 I'll start keysharing. Buddy told me it took him 7 keyshares, do you have any average estimate on that?  Do I need quest from market before that?

What to get first, which one is easiest? 

TY!

8 answers to this question

Hydroid. He's just a normal boss now.

So grind a boss for him. The others are quest completion. Atlas need to farm the juggernaut, chroma needs other warframe parts, and Mesa needs the keys, all rng based.

Take a pick, which one you feel is the most valuable among them and grind it out. They're all good frames, for different reasons.

Edited by JinxedEye

Well to start with, there is a difference between Easy-Tedious and Easy-Difficult. Some things are really easy to do (Mirage and Hydroid for example) but either getting the things to complete the mission, or the mission has to be repeated a lot, make it tedious as hell. So ill rank them on both scales, for your benefit! lol

Im going to assume with your collection you are capable of a Raid, but not Nightmare Raid....This may be totally not the case, but it is what im basing my numbers from.

Atlas - Difficulty 7 - Tedium 5

Chroma - Difficulty 4 - Tedium 6

Hydroid - Difficulty 5 - Tedium 9

Mesa - Difficulty 4 - Tedium 8

Mantis - Difficuly 2 - Tedium 10

Hope that helps.

I suggest going from newest to oldest. The older they are the harder it is to get the group.

Other options:

Atlas and Hydroid are farmable.

Mesa has a minor quest but then you have to farm nav cords to get to it.

Chroma is a quest so there are some timewalls.

Mantis is in the same category as the Hate. You have to try very hard for a long time to get it.

Edited by Lightsmith

Atlas - Difficulty 7 - Tedium 5

Chroma - Difficulty 4 - Tedium 6

Hydroid - Difficulty 5 - Tedium 9

Mesa - Difficulty 4 - Tedium 8

Mantis - Difficuly 2 - Tedium 10

Hope that helps.

Atlas is fairly easy, just use the guides on how to outfit your gear. I've seen a lot of people needing help on chroma so it may be harder than a 4 but I didn't have issues.

Mesa is the most challenging.  Not difficult, exactly, but you're at the mercy of the RNG for getting the coordinates you need.  I'd advise running every invasion/alert you see that grants you the coordinate drops starting now to get a head start.  They also appear in some mission reward tables, but these special missions are more reliable.

You may be able to "keyshare" with someone else looking for her once you have one or two completed.

You will need a lot of petience to do the Mesa grind, collecting coordinates and building the keys is time consuming just so so you can roll a dice with RNG. You will be well served doing keyshares but there are a lot of unscrupulous Tenno among those.

Hydroid is not too bad, the fight is a bit drawn out which is a bit annoying but that is about it. I know the RNG for the systems IIRC was abysmal so you will have to run that many times over unless you get lucky.

Atlas, this one is completely dependent on how good you archwing gear is. For me I had a few things decked out so I was able to host a room and carry my team for most of the actual boss battle. Getting a pug room for that mission is really bad so you are better off hosting one on recruit chat or better yet with friends. If your gear is good this mission will be a breeze.

Chroma is fairly easy, crafting the parts and getting all the part's components is time consuming though. For this one I recommend you read up on what the building requirements are for each part of chroma and farm them do that when you go to build each section you don't waste time trying to piece everything together.

So, like pokemons, I've caught them all, or almost : )

I don't count primed versions in here, for now I have 2 primes, 1 in building and I've almost collected parts for 3 more, rest will come when I farm them, no hurry. 

Could you tell me how difficult are these remaining frames to get. You don't have to quote wiki on me, just few words /cost in credits-time /name of quest and mark on 1 out of 10 scale : )

Atlas

Chroma 

Hydroid

Mesa

- And let's put mantis in here as well, just for completionist sake. 

I know mesa is a pain in the a#s, I've planning to get her for a long time. I've collected 3 mutalist alad coordinates by now, when I get to 5 I'll start keysharing. Buddy told me it took him 7 keyshares, do you have any average estimate on that?  Do I need quest from market before that?

What to get first, which one is easiest? 

TY!

I was too lucky on Mesa and was able to get all three parts in a single keyshare.

Atlas was quite easy IMHO.  I did most of the missions with Excaliber, and I had good anti-infested weapons.  For the Jordas assassination I was able to get a clanmate with really good archwing fu and it made it real easy.  Tho i would make sure to spend some time doing defense/survival missions in Uranus to get all the Polymer bundles you need to MAKE the damn frame

Chroma was a cake walk.  The Defense at the end was the hardest part.  But a Frost and Mesa made it easy.

Hydroid.  UGH.  I still have trouble going after Vay hek.  I just don't have accurate enough weapons that do enough damage, and it is so hard to find people to slog through this mission with you.

I too have "Caught them all" and I only need Ash prime and Volt prime to complete my set.  I have even gotten Ember, Mag and Frost prime