The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Use Saryn?

Hansin

Question

15 answers to this question

Saryn is a mass debuffer instead of a low/mid level press 4 nuke and it works very well

I see several people using range builds with her to spread spore as much as possible. Spore is basically her bread and butter now with only armor being your only real downfall (you could use CP  to fix that or corrosive proc)

Edited by Anatolius

Not true. She works perfectly as a dot frame. Don't think about how the old Saryn could nuke, if you try to mod like that, then your gonna do the bare minimum of damage with Saryn.

With the rework, you want to focus on a duration build with a bit of strength and range and efficacy. I don't suggest narrow minded, but if you want to sacrifice range, go for it.

Her key combo lies with spreading her spores, first ability to do alot of dot. My method is to molt, spore milt, toxic lash, then slam attack molt. It may sound like alot, but with a max range build, spores will cover the map fairly quickly...

Miasma is now your emergency escape ability. With the spores proc, and toxic lash, you can clean up alot very quickly, but it kills also does kill your spores and molt in the duration, forcing you to restart your spread. You can use toxic last for energy, so that's nice, and with a good Melle, you don't need to use miasma.

She functions very much like she used to. She's just not "Press 4 to Win" anymore.

Use Spore(1) to spread Viral Damage (i think, might be toxin)

Use Molt(2) to get out of situations and to spread Toxin when it explodes (Might be Viral)

Cast Spore ON Molt to spread lots of things.

Use Toxic Lasher(3) on enemies with Spores on them to replenish energy.

Use Miasma(4) to deal a decent chunk of damage. Use Miasma on enemies affected by Toxin and Viral Procs to do an insane amount of damage.

Edited by TheFatDrake

They didn't. She didn't even synergize before but she does now. Shes a debuff supporter now. Ppl find her true power in Spores & Toxic Lash. Her goal is to infect everyone on the field with Viral procs. Toxin will spread too if they are hit with toxin (where Toxic Lash come onto play.) You can make use of the Acrid aswell because it procs toxin on every hit. Decoy is also great. If you synergize with just her first 3 powers. There really no need for her 4th.

use #3 passively ( built with a fair amount of power strenght -> +85% on my build)

cast #1 on a ennemi then melee him and others nearby (toxin and viral procs everywhere)

use #2 when in need to regen health/draw attention away

hold melee block when not meleeing for dmg reduc

have fun

i don't use miasma cos it costs 70e on my build and does crappy damage compared to your poisoneous melee weapon

Edited by vazerd68

Apparently Saryn functions like a walking chemical weapon, so her powers are meant to be used as such. It's really interesting, really.

I think this is great if your a solo player, but what about a team mission like defense or interception, won't your team mates or even your sentinel kill the one you've spoored before it spreads?