The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Build/tips Help

Urska

Question

Hi!, after trying the rework of Saryn i really enjoy her. but i feel i should get help with this. so far any help build wise would help. like the best thing to build for. any exmples would be very nice. also not going for 4th only build. would like to do good with all her skills. i really enjoy spores ( her first) alot. spaming one skill is very dull/unfun game play for me, so i do use pretty much all her skills so far all the time.

Thank you for reading, and any feed back/info you give :3

PS yes my grammar/spellin is bad, no need to point it out, thank you if u dont

" will spore spread more if it has less dur?"
^ ppl wont answer this lol

Edited by Urska

Aura - what you want

vitality, transient fortitude, primed continuity, handspring, stretch, streamline, regenerative molt, rage

i use this and i have no problems staying alive and be first in kill counts in t4, or any other mission really

I'll speak around general aspects of stat attributes.

Duration: Mod for duration, that's a given. Primed Continuity works great here but if you don't have that mod, work within your limits via Continuity, Constitution, Narrow Minded (caution, corrupt)

Range: This helps for three out of four of her abilities. Use stretch to get to 145% range attribute. Overextended is also viable but mind the -60% strength modifier.

Strength: Simply said, the more strength you have the more damage you deal. In the case of Molt, it gains more health. In the case of Toxic Lash, you gain more damage reduction when you block. It is especially important if you lost strength from using Overextended. Intensify, Transient Fortitude are balanced to be very similar. Blind Rage is not advisable without energy support help.

Vital stats: She has better than average health and armor, and average shields. Mod this area to your needs.

Efficiency: Streamline, then Fleeting Expertise if needed. The loss in duration from Fleeting Expertise is heavy, so you definitely shouldn't use a maxed variation of this mod on your build unless trying to balance Blind Rage. Just ask yourself why you're using Blind Rage first.

Hope this helps. It's very generic information but the best part is you get to decide how you want to play.

Aura - what you want

vitality, transient fortitude, primed continuity, handspring, stretch, streamline, regenerative molt, rage

i use this and i have no problems staying alive and be first in kill counts in t4, or any other mission really

I'll speak around general aspects of stat attributes.

Duration: Mod for duration, that's a given. Primed Continuity works great here but if you don't have that mod, work within your limits via Continuity, Constitution, Narrow Minded (caution, corrupt)

Range: This helps for three out of four of her abilities. Use stretch to get to 145% range attribute. Overextended is also viable but mind the -60% strength modifier.

Strength: Simply said, the more strength you have the more damage you deal. In the case of Molt, it gains more health. In the case of Toxic Lash, you gain more damage reduction when you block. It is especially important if you lost strength from using Overextended. Intensify, Transient Fortitude are balanced to be very similar. Blind Rage is not advisable without energy support help.

Vital stats: She has better than average health and armor, and average shields. Mod this area to your needs.

Efficiency: Streamline, then Fleeting Expertise if needed. The loss in duration from Fleeting Expertise is heavy, so you definitely shouldn't use a maxed variation of this mod on your build unless trying to balance Blind Rage. Just ask yourself why you're using Blind Rage first.

Hope this helps. It's very generic information but the best part is you get to decide how you want to play.

thank you both so much for this info <3~  means alot to me to get full on helpful info ^^ again, THANK YOU <3~

Edited by Urska

Also, I forgot to mention that Narrow Minded's stat negative is range. If you follow my list in order, you can essentially put in the mods and then use the next set of mods to compensate for any losses in stat if you have any. Efficiency at the end of the list loops back up to duration.

Used Saryn almost all my gameplay of 64days in hours. 
214k kills with her 17k which are from the new change. 

My build; 
3forma
2v 2D 1 dash

Aura; Rejuv
Exilus; Firewalker

Primed continuity, 5/10 blind rage, streamline, fleeting expertise, vitality, steel fiber, intensify 

all mods not listed with a rank are maxed. 

Arcanes; 10/10 grace, 10/10 guardian for 4% hp heal a second for 6 seconds and 60% armor for 20seconds

end result; 367armor, 925hp, 95% duration 184% str, 160% p.eff, 145% range 
587 armor on guardian proc if it scales off total armor (never got an answer on that it does or not) 
472 armor if it doesnt scale off total 
222hp heal every grace proc + with what rejuv heals

I've got past mins 60 on t4, t3 survivals and ceres survival and uranus survivals. 

Solo and in group.

In groups I always leave with the most kills of 1 - 2k 

I use spores to cast on two enemies then pop them all with a AoE wep and watch them proc everywhere then use miasma to melt them to puddles if spores dont take care of them fast enough (usually around lv 60) 

Molt I use as a shield, and spore transmitter for funsies. 

Toxic Lash I activate before I miasma to gain a lot of energy back (you get energy per spore popped, you dont need to melee for the energy back you can pop them however you wish with the abil active) 
I also like it for the Mios. 

Miasma - super killer when you got a 4 forma Torid on your side. Procs everything with toxin, but i have mine built for viral/radi which viral still adds 100% more dmg to Miasma, not to mention it sticks on to enemies so you can spore them and have it spread very very quickly 

Molt last 38 seconds
Toxic lasts 29 seconds 
More than enough time with 160% power eff. 

Miasma - does plenty damage to rip through lv 80+'s when you get spores down. and will one shot lv 25's and under. and kill lv 30-40s when done ticking. 

People are too focused on making Saryn maxed duration for a bunch of ticks. 
I'm focused on quick playing,high burst dmg, and getting procs out asap. thats what's good about 95% duration, you arent losing much from -5% but youre gaining so..so much from that p.eff and range and str. 

and the tankiness <3

I hope I've helped, and may you forever melt your enemies with her classiness. <3

Edited by Vesiga

Used Saryn almost all my gameplay of 64days in hours. 

214k kills with her 17k which are from the new change. 

My build; 

3forma

2v 2D 1 dash

Aura; Rejuv

Exilus; Firewalker

Primed continuity, 5/10 blind rage, streamline, fleeting expertise, vitality, steel fiber, intensify 

all mods not listed with a rank are maxed. 

Arcanes; 10/10 grace, 10/10 guardian for 4% hp heal a second for 6 seconds and 60% armor for 20seconds

end result; 367armor, 925hp, 95% duration 184% str, 160% p.eff, 145% range 

587 armor on guardian proc if it scales off total armor (never got an answer on that it does or not) 

472 armor if it doesnt scale off total 

222hp heal every grace proc + with what rejuv heals

I've got past mins 60 on t4, t3 survivals and ceres survival and uranus survivals. 

Solo and in group.

In groups I always leave with the most kills of 1 - 2k 

I use spores to cast on two enemies then pop them all with a AoE wep and watch them proc everywhere then use miasma to melt them to puddles if spores dont take care of them fast enough (usually around lv 60) 

Molt I use as a shield, and spore transmitter for funsies. 

Toxic Lash I activate before I miasma to gain a lot of energy back (you get energy per spore popped, you dont need to melee for the energy back you can pop them however you wish with the abil active) 

I also like it for the Mios. 

Miasma - super killer when you got a 4 forma Torid on your side. Procs everything with toxin, but i have mine built for viral/radi which viral still adds 100% more dmg to Miasma, not to mention it sticks on to enemies so you can spore them and have it spread very very quickly 

Molt last 38 seconds

Toxic lasts 29 seconds 

More than enough time with 160% power eff. 

Miasma - does plenty damage to rip through lv 80+'s when you get spores down. and will one shot lv 25's and under. and kill lv 30-40s when done ticking. 

People are too focused on making Saryn maxed duration for a bunch of ticks. 

I'm focused on quick playing,high burst dmg, and getting procs out asap. thats what's good about 95% duration, you arent losing much from -5% but youre gaining so..so much from that p.eff and range and str. 

and the tankiness <3

I hope I've helped, and may you forever melt your enemies with her classiness. <3

:L too sleepy to deal with that epicness you posted. will re read it when i get up, but tanks alot

After fiddling around for quite a while after the rework i'm really enjoying this build here for general purpose:

BU85ObT.jpg

+ I recently discovered the Embolist paired with its Syndicate mod (viral proccs) and Ruinous Extension make for a great addition to her kit =)

After fiddling around for quite a while after the rework i'm really enjoying this build here for general purpose:

BU85ObT.jpg

+ I recently discovered the Embolist paired with its Syndicate mod (viral proccs) and Ruinous Extension make for a great addition to her kit =)

Not bad if you wanna focus on range. my build above is almost similar but with more strength, power eff for more uses, and a little less range, and more survivability for lategame. I don't wanna judge too hard, because to each their own of playstyle. 

I just find higher p.eff, and p.str with 145% range more suitable for long runs and late game as spores have a very long reach already

but if that works for you, good <3 

oh and for only one forma, very nice. mine had to be 3 forma so I could use my parkour mod. 

2 without the mod

the Sonicor is also very good for poppin spores. 

torid

synoid simulor

tonkor

mios

Edit; thinking more about your build 

all the spore pops and miasma would be good for safety. 

your build looks pretty viable for late game now that I think about it. 

other than the power eff which could be an issue on consumption, youd need an EV trin or restore pads. 

I only ever rely on myself so I like high eff usually. 

the 30% less str wouldnt be too much of an issue though since its like.. 300dmg total, a simple recast or bullet can fix that

I'm kinda like, in the middle on how I feel about how it'd work out. 

Would have to see it in action v: 

switching over extended for steelfiber  would beat my build str wise though

Edited by Vesiga

Not bad if you wanna focus on range. my build above is almost similar but with more strength, power eff for more uses, and a little less range, and more survivability for lategame. I don't wanna judge too hard, because to each their own of playstyle. 

I just find higher p.eff, and p.str with 145% range more suitable for long runs and late game as spores have a very long reach already

but if that works for you, good <3 

oh and for only one forma, very nice. mine had to be 3 forma so I could use my parkour mod. 

2 without the mod

the Sonicor is also very good for poppin spores. 

torid

synoid simulor

tonkor

mios

Yea i guess in terms of lategame survivability i'll have to reconsider dropping on range in favor for strength and/or efficiency.

Yea i guess in terms of lategame survivability i'll have to reconsider dropping on range in favor for strength and/or efficiency.

It is a good build though, dont get me wrong c: 

I'd totally use it for quick exterm alerts, or sabotage missions, maybe Mobile defenses and such. 

just not survivals or regular defenses if you planned on going past 40. Which isn't average. 

So you did good to make that

If you wanna get real late game with it, youd just have to spore more, and miasma less to conserve energy

Edited by Vesiga

Btw thanks for this one, i didn't even know that hehe.

Btw thanks for this one, i didn't even know that hehe.

I found this out on accident. I had everything spored, used toxic lash, was like "im not meleeing you all, nevermind" miasma, my energy bar filled up so I was like ooooohhh thats neat, time to tell everyone

I run a more mid range Saryn build focusing on efficiency if that is yur sort of thing

R8 Narrow Minded
Maxed Vitality
R3 Fleeting Expertise
Maxed Streamline
Maxed Rage
Maxed Regen Molt

Maxed Intensify
Maxed Stretch 

91% Range
170% Efficiency
130% Strength
141% Duration

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Saryn/t_30_0300040040_2-4-10-4-2-5-5-0-5-6-3-5-37-8-5-49-5-8-55-1-3-59-6-3-471-7-3_5-9-55-5-4-9-6-11-2-12-49-7-59-9-471-9-37-14-f-f_0/en/1-0-17

I run a more mid range Saryn build focusing on efficiency if that is yur sort of thing

R8 Narrow Minded

Maxed Vitality

R3 Fleeting Expertise

Maxed Streamline

Maxed Rage

Maxed Regen Molt

Maxed Intensify

Maxed Stretch 

91% Range

170% Efficiency

130% Strength

141% Duration

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Saryn/t_30_0300040040_2-4-10-4-2-5-5-0-5-6-3-5-37-8-5-49-5-8-55-1-3-59-6-3-471-7-3_5-9-55-5-4-9-6-11-2-12-49-7-59-9-471-9-37-14-f-f_0/en/1-0-17

that is less than mid range.

Normal range is 100%

Mid would be 145% with stretch

Long would be 235% with stretch + OE

You went negative for yours ;n; 

though 10% more p.eff than the build I showed, and 46% more duration

its about 54% less range, 54% less str, which is basically what you need if you wanna make it farther in game.

that is less than mid range.

Normal range is 100%

Mid would be 145% with stretch

Long would be 235% with stretch + OE

You went negative for yours ;n; 

though 10% more p.eff than the build I showed, and 46% more duration

its about 54% less range, 54% less str, which is basically what you need if you wanna make it farther in game.

It's Mid ranged because it is still about 13m radius of effect.

I'm measuring based on the distance covered not how much power range I have. 

The way Spore travels now don't bother me about how much range I have, needless to say Primed continuity would help alot but I don't have one.

besides, 40%~ duration is a big deal when trying to spread Spores and efficiency is just useful all around anyway :v

To each their own :v I have always played Saryn as a mid range nuke in the past and never found a use for Overextended builds so this build closely resembles what I used to load on Saryn.

all your feed back here... is just so great, wish more games had a player base like this. most of the time i always end up geting attacked over my grammar and all..

question, will less duration make it spread ton more or long its out, more it spreads?

Edited by Urska

all your feed back here... is just so great, wish more games had a player base like this. most of the time i always end up geting attacked over my grammar and all..

question, will less duration make it spread ton more or long its out, more it spreads?

technically more duration = more damage, because it adds a tick. 

but you're not going to need more than 90% duration because of how fast pace everything is. 

once you get everything proc'd with spores and miasma you used a whole maybe 20seconds or less. To wipe a room down

This is quite a heavy investment of Forma, but I run two Saryns.

First one, with 6 Forma. De-polarise Aura slot, add - Polarity to Exilus Slot, add two V Polarities, 1 - Polarity, and one D Polarity.

Loadout 1: Primed Flow, Streamline, Primed Continuity, Transient Fortitude, Rage, Quick Thinking, Vitality, Overextended. Rejuvenation and Rush for Exilus and Aura. A generalist build, you can use it to do pretty much anything.

Loadout 2: Primed Flow, Streamline, Primed Continuity, Transient Fortitude, Rage, Regenerative Molt, Vitality, Stretch. Rejuvenation and Rush for Exilus and Aura. A build for getting into the midst of the enemy and staying alive with the healing from Regenerative Molt.

Loadout 3: Primed Flow, Fleeting Expertise, Primed Continuity, Rage, Contagion Cloud, Narrow-Minded, Overextended, Stretch, Vitality. Rejuvenation and Rush for Exilus and Aura. A melee build, relying on the toxic cloud procs from Contagion Cloud to set enemies up.

You can swap in any 7-point Aura or any - Polarity Exilus mod for Rejuvenation and Rush. I find Rush helps offset Saryn's speed and Rejuvenation is more broadly useful than Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection though.

Second one, with 4 Forma. Add 3 V Polarities and change the Exilus Slot to -.

Loadout 1: Primed Flow, Venom Dose, Primed Continuity, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Overextended, Stretch, Vitality. Rejuvenation and Rush for Exilus and Aura. Essentially a "do my bidding, minions!" build where you spam Spore on your team-mates and let them do your job for you in setting enemies up for toxin procs.

Loadout 2: Primed Flow, Streamline, Primed Continuity, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Stretch, Vitality, Steel Fibre. Rejuvenation and Rush for Exilus and Aura. Another generalist build, this one with more power strength than range.

Why two Saryns? Sometimes I do want to use Corrosive Projection or the like, and the more heavily Forma-ed Saryn allows for that.

I'll leave my build here:

Overextended, Stretch, Quick Thinking, Rage, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Continuity, Constitution (need Primed Continuity so I can switch Constitution with Regenerative Molt.

Aura: Energy Siphon/CP

This is focused on supporting your team with those lovely viral procs.

Builds sounds good, got to farm Arcane.

Is there anyone who tried to use the Mire, with the syndicate mod "Toxic Blight" ? (low) Toxin damage, but greatly upgraded by the mod and Toxic Lash, and have the Syndicate effect. Don't know if the Viral explosion can pop the Spores, but energy regen and speed boost are good too.

Am i wrong ?

You can use it, but the Mire's reach and status is quite low.

The Orthos Prime, Atterax, Lecta, and Serro have a good status chance and can hit targets at a reasonable distance.

I've been running a two-Forma Lecta with Primed Reach, Lasting Sting, Life Strike, Fury, and the four Elemental event mods to get a decent range with good Status chance and a 50/50 chance of getting a Toxin or Viral proc depending on the set-up.

The Orthos is probably better from a Reach/Status perspective, but it and other similar options like the Atterax have a chance to cause physical damage procs which can get in the way of the Viral or Toxin ones you really want.

She is currently experiencing what I call the Ember effect. Where all her abilities are greatly effected by all power mods. Duration seems to be the least useful out of all of them. Though a all around build is probs best.

I hope she gets another change so that one power mod type isn't needed on her since ATM she hard to build for and doesn't give enough boom for her buck.

Edit: Just to specify. Its OK to have a frame that needs all power types when it fits with the game. However since Warframe has so many frames that can be built for 2 power types having a frame that needs to be built for all makes them unviable. Even if that frame is balanced. Being balanced toward the game and balanced toward the mod system are sadly 2 different things.

Edited by Feallike