The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Wait For Warframe 2?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Would you rather a continuous stream of the type of content we've been getting, continuing the carrot on a stick thing, or wait a couple years for Warframe 2? Warframe 2 being a $60 game finished game void of microtransactions.

The spoiler contains some of my opinions that you don't necessarily need to read to understand this post.

I love Warframe at it's core (that's why I critique), but the free to pay model is slowly killing this game. It's clear that DE has gone the buy with platinum or grind a level you don't want to play over and over until you get what you're after route. This has, surprisingly, worked for the most part, but I'm seeing vets drop like flies and cannot get my friends to stay with this game for the life of me.

I could go into individual cases/stories, but most of it boils down to RNG. It's not that RNG is intrinsically bad, but this being a free to pay game, DE has taken it to a whole new level. Having to kill the same boss 3 times for a frame is lazy game design. Having to kill the same boss 3 to ∞ is just silly. "You spent a lot of time building your frames and weapons into instruments of death, able to kill mobs 2 hours into a t4S? Go grind a t2S for that shinny Trinity Prime chassis". A melee weapon has been released, but if you want a stance for it go kill an enemy that spawns once or twice per mission 1 to ∞ times. You like kubrows? Go break dens on the easiest planet in the game for eggs. This makes no sense.

Prime gear is nothing more than a way to make the vanilla gear redundant and add "gameplay" through void/key/polarization grinds. Forma exists to add filler, it's not like you can unmax your heavy cal and serration (16 and 14 mod drain respectively). Catalysts and reactors don't add to your frame/weapon, they make them usable (one maxed defense mod is almost half of a frames capacity). Quests are just playing a mission you've played many times before with an npc burping out exposition. People get banned for leaking drop % (if the % isn't shady why would DE care).

I say all this because these are symptoms of the free to pay business model. Sure you can make it through the whole game and reach mr21 without any plat, but that process has been methodically drawn out because microtransactions fund this game.

I don't really blame DE for all of this. This game probably wouldn't exist if they didn't go free to pay from the start and a lot of free to pay games get turned into cash cows by their parent company. That's why I would rather let DE stop releasing new content and make a real Warframe with a cohesive story, a real campaign, and no microtransaction driven progression (purposely making things unenjoyable in an effort to get you to spend plat).

the numbers just makes previous game sounds old ..

should be

ex:

Warframe - Prime - "the Orokin Void"

Warframe - Umbras - "the TOMB of the Sentients"

Warframe - Guardians - "The Sand Castles "

i like this kind of titles of games .. kinda like expansions instead ...

Isn't this what people were saying four years ago? Usually coupled with "it'll never make it through this next year"

I remember how people were talking S#&$ about Warframe few years ago and kissing Korean MMO developers asses. WELL WHO WINNING NOW? I hope they enjoying their pay2win games

Also. If there are people who still deluded by Korean MMO's I have news for you. They are failing no matter how good they look. For example Black Desert already out in Russia and it failed horribly. Blade and Soul out in Russia for more than a year. It failed horribly. All korean MMO await same future. 

Edited by Koler.

Isn't this what people were saying four years ago? Usually coupled with "it'll never make it through this next year"

Things have changed since then. I'm sure people were saying that, but I wasn't one of them. For the most part this game has handled the free to pay very well. It's been their recent practices (since around u14) that has got me thinking that.

people seem to be new to the whole mmo thing, these "grinding" things are a staple in a mmo.

I don't want to get into an internet argument, but Warframe is far from an MMO and you know it.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

if u think that an improved [possibly unreal/source] engine could be created and a truly 'finished' game could be done in 2 yrs...

plz share wat u r smokn

realistically, there should never be a warframe '2'

first thing, it sounds terrible

secondly DE should be constantly improving the game non-stop over the course of the next 4-8 years, with any luck warframe will still be going strong in 2030

I must admit the main thing that drew me was free to play, I just through looks like a fun concept lets give a it a try, if warframe 2 came out tommorrow at $30 I wouldn't buy it because it would have fixed content and no updates, but probably "expansion packs" and DLC, I like this idea of a working game being added to but then I do have Kerbal Space Program, Prison Architect and I do play a little Dwarf Fortress so I'm used to it.

I see your point but this gives the community a little more say.  It a very good free game and I think a price tag on entry would stop quite a few people plus I wonder how many people have paid more than $100 in the game compared to those like me who have not paid into the game.  I think a lot of have paid as it runs at a higher profit

Just my thoughts

I wouldn't wait for a Warframe 2 since just like other games it would be played for 3-4 months and then forgotten. 

The current way it is made is why this game has such a fanbase since it gives us small pieces over a long time, keeping us hooked for 2+ years.

You have a good point, this is the only game that I've seen so many people with 1k+ hours in it.