The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Wait For Warframe 2?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Credit to @Kao-Snake for this:

mTPVEEA.jpg

this is glorious... must've taken forever

I rather enjoy how Warframe plays, yes it is grindy and there needs to be more story to it all and less grind, more of an open-feel to it rather than a mostly linear run, but that's how F2P MMOs thrive, Grindiness is needed for an MMO because without it there'd be no reason to buy the premium currency. at least Warframe's is tradable so you can buy the market-only stuff without spending a dime. Most other premium currencies out there aren't tradable so you have to drop money every time you need say, more characters.

I'd ALSO like to note that Warframe is TECHNICALLY still in BETA. we are all Beta testers, and when (or more likely if) the game gets an "official release" and out of Beta, it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that ALL of our progress will be reset. now that rare new stance for the Mios? drops on a planet you're passing through. ditto with Kubrow, because now you have to run it all from the ground up. granted this will likely NEVER happen, but it COULD. Also, think about it for new players. how daunting is it to have players constantly say that all the best stuff drops in high-level endgame play? that everything they encounter now is something to be leveled and trashed because it's not worth keeping? adding in powerful companions/weapons/frames/stances to lower-level areas makes everything more accessible to new players and everything a little less daunting. As someone who's guiding a friend through low-level play as they enter the game for the first time, I can REALLY appreciate that. I'm a Founder, I've been at this since Update TWO. I have nearly every weapon, frame, and companion. I've seen the Meta shift countless times, I have more Timed Exclusives than I know what to DO with. But seeing my friend work his way through the lower tiers of play and find things I could only dream about when I was at that level is INSPIRING.

I'm not gonna lie, no one cares about this story. However, you are definitely right that RNG is extremely lazy game design to try their hand at padding out the game longer than it should be. Wait times are still ridiculous even by free-to-play standards (3 damn days for a warframe build), poor balancing issues still remain in the game (even more in PVP than in mostly-played PVE).

Underneath all that, potential for a 10/10 game, held back by poor design decisions and an obvious communication block between what the players want vs what DE thinks is right for the game.