Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wip Excalibur Helm Skutter

(PSN)Balwon

Linking to my wip thread in the poly count forums. I can post images here too later if people prefer. Thanks for looking and good luck to all involved!

Changed the name to Ecktor, but not sure how to alter topic header names here and on poly count.
The thought was this helmet could have preceded the original excal helm. Making it a bit more aggressive, less refined and primal. Ecktor is the name of the knight who'd raised Arthur before the sword and the stone element in the king Arthur story and as the helmet has completely changed its look, i feel it needed a new name too.

ECKTOR

http://polycount.com/discussion/160767/alt-helmet-excalibur-skutter

Updated link, apparently it was giving an error. 

Steam workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566755408&searchtext=

SpecsHighLowEcktor_zpseplnwmmq.jpg
EcktorMapsSub_zpsychgeggu.jpg
EcktorViews_zpsjvjki9pa.png

Edited by (PS4)Balwon

I love the flow and overall feel of this piece. If I had to crit I'd suggest breaking up the main forms more into separate volumes that fit together and/or overhang each other enough to feel separate, right now it feels like almost entirely one solid piece.

The mark-making you're doing in the middle of the back really feels dead on with the WF style. Looking forward to watching this progress!

I love the flow and overall feel of this piece. If I had to crit I'd suggest breaking up the main forms more into separate volumes that fit together and/or overhang each other enough to feel separate, right now it feels like almost entirely one solid piece.

The mark-making you're doing in the middle of the back really feels dead on with the WF style. Looking forward to watching this progress!

Agreed, as i started over with the old toothy head, i just re-dynameshed and started blocking in. Segmenting the smooth "bony" looking parts from the more mechanical bits will help :) should make paining this quite a bit easier too. Look for updates sometime tomorrow.

Looking great!

Suggestion for tintmask separation: on Excal's body they have tint2 wide border edges on a lot of organic areas with the tint4 accents appearing only on top of those. When I was working on my helmet I found it really hard to match the feel of that body if I didn't follow that rule.