Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Induction Skin (Wip)

Foobag

A work in progress of a Mag skin, with the focus on power through magnetism. While it's still very much a work on progress, it's come far enough for critique and feedback, so if you have any thoughts about this feel free to share them :)

http://i.imgur.com/vys4Ryh.png 

(I could not get images to work properly, even with the bbcode, if anyone knows how to do that I'd appreciate if you'd drop a hint :) )

Edited by Foobag

vys4Ryh.png

(Grab your link, with the code Rac linked, copy and paste it into a plain text document/notepad document, then grab that and paste that into the edit window. Make sure there's no surrounding text or formatting from the forum editor around your copy paste.)

Agreed, looks good so far.

Edited by Rhekemi

Thanks! And yeah will do, as it stands the entire body is one single material since I'm trying out the masks, once they are done I'll implement more variation in the materials.

Also I did exactly that, but at least to me I only get that pure text and no image, I must be doing something completely wrong

Just make sure there is no formatting interfering with the bb image code and your link. (If the editor has even a little bit of formatting around some BB code, it will prevent that code from working properly. Happens with spoiler tags all the time.)

The lower half feels...neglected.  Maybe have some of the orange lines extend down the thighs and give the feet the same treatment as the hands/forearms?

A design in the orange would be interesting on the back of the neck/uppershoulers as well - it's a fairly underused space and has a lot of potential.  (Especially since it's what more players are staring at while playing. XD) 

As to posting pictures, I upload to imgur and then copy/paste. 

Great idea incorporating the concept of magnetic induction heating! Those feet need a little love though and the upper arm needs a little something to break up that whole mass of dark shade

Glad you like it! But yeah, the legs and arms are not fully detailed yet and only got a single mask for now, once I've detailed them properly they'll both have multiple materials to make the details pop more.

Hmm. I think it'd look better if the coils on the arms, instead of the hands, had that effect.

Not sure about that honestly, specially if I want to go realistic with it since it's the material under the coils that gets heated. A bit like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Induction_heating_of_bar.jpg Even so, I'll take a look and see what it looks like with more focus on the coils, just to make sure I don't miss out on a good idea.

Glad you like it! But yeah, the legs and arms are not fully detailed yet and only got a single mask for now, once I've detailed them properly they'll both have multiple materials to make the details pop more.

Not sure about that honestly, specially if I want to go realistic with it since it's the material under the coils that gets heated. A bit like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Induction_heating_of_bar.jpg Even so, I'll take a look and see what it looks like with more focus on the coils, just to make sure I don't miss out on a good idea.

Oh, ok. Then it makes sense then.

I'd make the rings on the arms a different colour, and make the white part of the helmet glossy.

But otherwise original and great looking, would definitely buy if I actually had any plat left.

They will be, once the details on the arms are finished I'll make sure there are a few different color and material areas to make it more interesting :)