Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade Chat Load Message - Tell People It's Not Okay To Trade For Out Of Game Items

Krak_Nihilus

In trade chat from time to time there are people trying to/trading for out of game items who just assum it's okay here becaus it's ok in other places. And they usually don't know it's not okay until they get banned from trading/login.

As such I'm asking you to put this info into the general information that shows up when opning the chat for th first time after login, right next to what is tradeable and "we do not force trades for promisses" message. This would surely lower the amount of bans from lack of knowledge and as such the load on support.

In trade chat from time to time there are people trying to/trading for out of game items who just assum it's okay here becaus it's ok in other places. And they usually don't know it's not okay until they get banned from trading/login.

As such I'm asking you to put this info into the general information that shows up when opning the chat for th first time after login, right next to what is tradeable and "we do not force trades for promisses" message. This would surely lower the amount of bans from lack of knowledge and as such the load on support.

Nobody read the general information unless the chat is bugged and not moving...

If those people tries to trade out-game item, which could totally and easily lead to a scam, then they are not right in their minds.

If you think that those people deserve a second chance, go ahead and open up a private chat and explain to them that, it's not legal to do those kind of trade on warframe.

It's not lack of knowledge, it's lack of common-sense

Nobody read the general information unless the chat is bugged and not moving...

If those people tries to trade out-game item, which could totally and easily lead to a scam, then they are not right in their minds.

If you think that those people deserve a second chance, go ahead and open up a private chat and explain to them that, it's not legal to do those kind of trade on warframe.

It's not lack of knowledge, it's lack of common-sense

I do that, I tell them that it's not ok. Lack of common sense? They offen come to warframe from games like call of duty or league of legends where it's totally ok to do that and some people actually make money that way, warframe might not have a specially designed feature to do that but it also doesn't tell you that it's a huge no-no and considering the IT'S BETA stuff you have to sign upon first login even I personally don't expect warframe to have a specially designed explanations and conveniencs for everything, like for example new player guides which are btw extremely lacking and you have pretty much have to use the wiki to get a LOT of the info.

Note: I don't play any of the aforementioned games and don't know if those are the ones with out-of-game trading, but I'm 100% sure there are big games out there in which you have things like that.

It should never be ok to trade for out of game stuff inside game that have monetary transactions. Even if there is an exception someplace, it will be such an obscure one as to not make any sense anyway. I could lend my next door mate my lawnmower for a day to give me a Mod, but who the hell would broadcast stuff in a chat room to total strangers across the internet? Might as well click random links in your browser when they ask "install this program (Y/y)"

If people are playing ANY game and think that doing so is a good idea, I seriously don't know what surgery they underwent to cut out their common sense gland.

Edited by DSpite

The trade chat message already states what can be traded, tells players that DE doesn't enforce promises, and to trade for items only. While it doesn't specifically indicate Warframe items only, Warframe doesn't have a way of trading with other games, so I'd see that as falling under the "promises" part.

The trade chat message already states what can be traded, tells players that DE doesn't enforce promises, and to trade for items only. While it doesn't specifically indicate Warframe items only, Warframe doesn't have a way of trading with other games, so I'd see that as falling under the "promises" part.

Hey that's actually a good point, I didn't think about that. Well damn, this thread was pointless from the start but at least I got a realization. And thank you for that, Maic.