The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mios Fails To Function

Mr_bunny

The Mios' whip attacks do not work. When I equip the melee mode the animations for the whip attacks show and my warframe is holding it as it has a whip but it simply doesn't work. There is no whip dmg and no actual whip. If there is a combo I should perform to unlock the whip then I would assume the whip attack animations wouldn't be happening. But the sword attacks work well. So at least I have a good looking Mire.

I've noticed that if you achieve too high an attack speed the charge attack whip will loose all hit detection beyond about 5m. Happens sometimes with war cry-fury-berserk, but can bout guarantee it if a volt casts speed on top of that.

Well I was trying it out unmodded with only the stance equipped. So I wouldn't think that high attack speed is the issue.

Not had this issue with Mios nor have I noticed any loss of hit detection on it with more attack speed granted i'm only using a zerker on it coupled with a primed reach which gives that whip ludicrous range on the attacks. I've found it makes EB spam excals very angry since you just wiped everything within 15m of you.

Not had this issue with Mios nor have I noticed any loss of hit detection on it with more attack speed granted i'm only using a zerker on it coupled with a primed reach which gives that whip ludicrous range on the attacks. I've found it makes EB spam excals very angry since you just wiped everything within 15m of you.

20m* maxed

I've noticed that sometimes the whip doesn't animate, but I don't know if that caused issues with the actual attacks - whenever I noticed it, I switched weapons and re-equipped the Mios.

Seems like it often occurs when equipping the Mios during melee animations, such as the quick melee or slide attacks; though I'm using Fury, I'm also using Spoiled Strike, so I'm not sure if attack speed is the factor there.

I noticed something wrong with the whip as well. It can't even break an Orokin container in whipping range. Got max Primed Reach installed.

That might be more an issue with your aiming and the container size. At different sections of the whip attacks range it swaps between an upper left to lower right swipe to an upper right to lower left swipe.

That might be more an issue with your aiming and the container size. At different sections of the whip attacks range it swaps between an upper left to lower right swipe to an upper right to lower left swipe.

I'm experiencing a lack of range during slide attacks as well. The Mios either isn't supposed to work like a whip or it needs some fixing. In comparison I have no problem hitting stuff with the Scoliac or Atterax. 

Although very powerful, I feel that the Mios doesn't synergize well with the movement of your frame. Instead, it feels like hitting a set of isolated combos. There's no seamless flow.

I also found that most of the time Wings of the Wyvern fails to pull the enemy towards you. 9/10 times the enemy just gets hit and dies wherever it was standing. I tested this up to an Eximus Corrupted Heavy Gunner lvl 192. It's not a case of the Mios being so powerful that the enemy dies before it gets to the stage of being pulled either.

I'm experiencing a lack of range during slide attacks as well. The Mios either isn't supposed to work like a whip or it needs some fixing. In comparison I have no problem hitting stuff with the Scoliac or Atterax.

Although very powerful, I feel that the Mios doesn't synergize well with the movement of your frame. Instead, it feels like hitting a set of isolated combos. There's no seamless flow.

I also found that most of the time Wings of the Wyvern fails to pull the enemy towards you. 9/10 times the enemy just gets hit and dies wherever it was standing. I tested this up to an Eximus Corrupted Heavy Gunner lvl 192. It's not a case of the Mios being so powerful that the enemy dies before it gets to the stage of being pulled either.

I'll state this now I'm running it stanceless atm despite lil over 50hours spent farming it since release. That said most of the time it is attacking with the short ranged blade or using quick short swipes with the whip. Given that I don't have the stance this is based off observation of others and as such may not include all combos. The only portion of mios that Im aware to have great range is the charge attack while equiped and the end of the combo that uses said attack to cap it off. Otherwise Mios is a fairly short/average range melee weapon.

I'll state this now I'm running it stanceless atm despite lil over 50hours spent farming it since release. That said most of the time it is attacking with the short ranged blade or using quick short swipes with the whip. Given that I don't have the stance this is based off observation of others and as such may not include all combos. The only portion of mios that Im aware to have great range is the charge attack while equiped and the end of the combo that uses said attack to cap it off. Otherwise Mios is a fairly short/average range melee weapon.

In the DEv stream. They said the charge attack was snuck into the build... Maybe its bugged?

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace out.

In the DEv stream. They said the charge attack was snuck into the build... Maybe its bugged?

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace out.

From my understanding they mean the quick melee charge attack was last minute. The equipped melee charge attack is pretty much the weapons main feature since concept. Though I could be mistaken, don't see the point in having the whip if a whip attack in not intended (though we do have the sword and board weapons...)