Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request Of Showing The Remaining Duration Of Some Abilities On Warframes After Being Used

B0N3M4N

As the title says, I want to ask DE to be shown the remaining time of some abilities when being used.

This thing I've noticed long ago while playing with Warframes like Excalibur or Mirage, the fact that you can Blind with their 2/4 but you're not capable of seeing how many time you have left before recasting another one.

Right now only these two frames are coming into my mind, so if you have some other ones please share your feedback about those and if that should be implemented for those too.

Welp you can recast it whenever you want so what's the problem? I mean I can spam the hell out of prism.

Because not everyone goes with Full Efficency builds and I want to know when my ability ends if I use it, it's just something that should be there for every ability sticked with Duration so I don't get why these one don't.

I imagine no timers are given because, with blinds, you can simply look at an enemy to figure out if they're blinded or not.

This doesn't tell you for how much longer this will be the case though. It could be 15 seconds, or it could be half a second. There's a very big difference in what action one should take in these two scenarios.

i feel like everyone here but the OP and myself seems to think not having it is ok because its not 100% necessary you people would make horrible game designers does quality of life mean nothing at all to any of you? 2 lines of code that are already written shouldnt be pasted into other abilities because its possible to get by without those 2 lines of code? honestly that mind set is lazier than donald trump thinks the middle class is.

We're not talking about hours and hours of coding, we're talking about QoL changes that could be done in a very small amount of time with the code already used by the other abilities linked with duration.

Oh I forgot before, Frost's Avalanche and Freeze don't have the counter too, so better put those on the list.

Edited by Redskull94

So then what about when you cat lets say radial blind on a group of enemies but a nullifier walks in and takes the blind away from half the enemies. What I'm getting at is why have a duration timer for the blind. You can see the time of the blind in the abilities window. So if the ability says with your mods it lasts 5 seconds how is it so hard to time that?

So then what about when you cat lets say radial blind on a group of enemies but a nullifier walks in and takes the blind away from half the enemies. What I'm getting at is why have a duration timer for the blind. You can see the time of the blind in the abilities window. So if the ability says with your mods it lasts 5 seconds how is it so hard to time that?

Well, first my ability don't last 5 seconds, so I don't want to have a chronometer all the times I have to think about how many time is left, and second your argument about duration and nullifiers is completely invalid, because any ability with AoE CC linked to duration, for example, Nyx's Chaos, can show the time remaining for the skill, but at the same time if a Nullifier walks in it just remove the effect.

Plus I can see that you don't even play with frames like Excalibur or Mirage, because the blind is not removed if a Nullifier walks on blinded enemies, so I don't see why you're talking about it with this, if I can say, lazy mindset of yours.

Edited by Redskull94