Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will there ever be pvp in warframe?

WhiteSteel

I searched for "pvp" got no results...

Oh, yes, my bad - three letters are too few to turn up results. It's an issue of the search engine. Jayjay said they are looking into a reroute for that specific word, though.

Anyway, there's some topics linked for you. They aren't hard to find.

White, it works fine aside from 3 letter words, so don't avoid it!

I was wondering what the problem was as it didn't bring up a specific error.

Anyway I started this thread because I read in another site someone saying that the devs do not plan to add pvp, is that true?

The only thing theyv'e said is something along the lines of:

We don't want to build two mediocre games (pve and pvp) we want to build one amazing one (pve).

Now, they've never (to my knowledge) outright said "no pvp EVER", but it is certainly not on their radar for the forseeable future.

Edited by Zakalwe

DESteve added, they would consider PvP in the form like Borderlands did it - you can challenge people mid-mission to a duell, get a quick bout with full abilities and gear, and it's over fast. So, very limited, just for fun kind of PvP.

Sure, Ced, but they still haven't ever said "no full on pvp ever", and depending how long Warframe lasts for/how well it does, is still a possibility.

Hell, even if they outright say no it might happen. The amount of times devs have gone back on what they said to begin with is too large to count.

TBH, I'd rather they left out the quick fight option as I'd like to get on with my mission and not stand around waiting while bros be scraping in the lift (not that you really have to wait for people, but you get what I mean...).

I would be so bold as to say that the answer we got from DE is diplomatic, with the core meaning: "No PvP", but the openess to be filled with hope by those who wish for PvP. Sort of like a pacifier (no offense intended, the term just fits the use). It strikes me as a very vague answer that has a political ring to it. But I could be overly negative. ;)